Megatron is really Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    This is the dumbest cop out argument. It's not about G1... It's about changing the spirit and flavor of established characters.

It's not that Optimus kills... It's his bloodlust and willingness to do so. Movie 1 Prime was Optimus Prime. He dispatched Bonecrusher quickly and without delivering 80s action movie one liners. He seemed to have ability to kill, but not the desire to do so.

The cartoon may not have allowed violence, but when given his badass moment in TFTM, he killed noone. Either way, ROTF and DOTM Prime where more along the lines of Big Convoy or Grimlock, strong warfare minded killers. The main appeal of Prime is his pacifist ways and desire for peace. Movie Prime doesn't appear to have any regret of killing, and even seems to enjoy doing it.

Not only that, but honestly, they went too far with the robo gore in the movies with the spine ripping, face peels, heart ripping... Ops has always had the feel that if he kills, he does so without extreme brutality. Making the symbol of peace in Transformers into the most bloodthirsty robotic warrior is even worse when the villains aren't given any kills like that. It makes Prime look like a bully.

I'd rather they make Prime kill, but do so as if it's not a task he enjoys, and leave the brutality for the villains.

2. sued1234

sued1234 Banned

I dont mean to be rude but when you call us [the fans] the target of these movies you do come off as naive.

Bay being an idiot or not isint the point.He made this movie with the general movie go'er in mind.Simplly useing an established brand doesnt equate to them targeting that fanbase.

They dont need to target the fanbase of that brand, most of the fans are going to see the film no matter what.Good or bad.They get money from the fanbase no matter what.And even if the fans hate it, they already spent the cash.Truth be told, I see more of the fanbase liking these films then dis-liking them.

3. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

I totally understand that were fans here, other wise we wouldn't visit this site. But when I hear stuff like this, it makes me shake my head. At the end of th day the general audience is the one that wins. These movies needed to exist. When I was a kid, everyone I know had a transformer. Everyone had an optimus or a soundwave or whoever. Tts mattered then to ALOT of people. Though there was a lot of series' to come and they didn't have the appeal as much. Then they make these huge ass movies and everyone loves them again. As far as I'm concerned like em or not, a lot of people know who optimus prime is again.

I'm sure a part of the process was to decide that megatron was kind of fallen/sentinels bitch, and you know something, I would disagree that that should be the case. But to them I'm only $15.00 To put it in perspective there let's say is 10000 people that go to this sight. Let's say all of us go see dotm 3 times that's $450000. That wouldn't even pay for Dino. Now sure I know there is a lot more hardcore fans like us but appealing to fans has to pay for 5 stunt camaros, law suits, 3d cameras, explosives, and some strippers for Mike and Shia ...can't confirm the last one :)  .

Just enjoy that we as fans got a trilogy and spawned off a cool new toy line, and an awesome tv series. Some properties don't even get a movie franchise or they do and it's horrible (fantastic 4...cough) we got to see robots turn into real shit, not a cartoon. It's a new world since 1984 alot of things have changed, the industry was different. If some big wig decides Joe six pack would rather have megs an underling, that's what needs to happen for tfs to survive ok by mean. Just no go bots please

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Closed for review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.