Megasteel not-megatron (Tronus, formerly Granville)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ijnek, May 7, 2014.

1. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Oh, it's definitely in their CHUG line, yeah. But I have no idea what it's supposed to scale to...

...not that they all HAVE to be in scale, but generally in a line where there aren't multiple simultaneous releases in every size class (as with the shows or movies) some thought is given to how this would fit in with the rest of the line.

I don't see the fit, except, as an MP fill in, and I don't think anybody at HasTak is thinking like that.

2. AnegefalosGR

AnegefalosGR Elite Guard!

Yeah yeah, please man remove your tinted 3rd party glasses and listen.

The Hasbro G1 Tank Megatron is big, looks like Megatron in bot mode, doesn't have visible or intrusive kibble apart from a small backpack and has a really solid alternate mode, all for way less than you'd pay for a 3rd party item, especially at leader class scale. Why so much hate? :D 

3. Richard McBeef

Richard McBeef Banned

We also have to remember that Leaders are shrinking, so this tank Megs won't be that big. ;) 

4. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Agree with this. Big disappointment on the Hasbro thingy. Just as well we got Megasteel.

Maybe if you took off your Hasbro tinted glasses you would realise different people have different tastes in design.

Edit: I prefer the bigger Hasbro size though.

5. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Size = not a good enough selling point or excuse for bad design.
    Price = not a good enough selling point or excuse for bad design.

The robot mode is atrocious. Akward thin legs, big ugly stiff arms, thin weird looking arm cannon, terrible head sculpt. I don't care how much more g1 it is I want a classics megatron and hasbros is neither a good g1 or a good classics design.

This is another perfect instance of even amateur third party companies completely new to the toy scene out doing a veteran multi billion dollar company. Hasbro should be ashamed.

6. AnegefalosGR

It's more about blowing shit out of proportions than *different tastes in design*
    And in no way I am trying to make Hasbro look good, more of a 3p guy tbh.

7. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Fair enough.
    I understand why things can get blown out of proportions though. I would too as I really wanted the Hasbro version to be good. Megasteels looks the business but he's going to be shorter than TW Orion. I want my Megatron the same size or even a bit bigger than my Prime.

Disappointment = stronger negative opinion

8. AnegefalosGR

There's still the TW Megatron Stealth Bomber, hopefully we'll learn more about it soon. In the meantime I sure won't be holding my breath for either this which is too short to be put against Orion or the official one which may or may not be in scale at all with a display full of Deluxes and Voyagers.

9. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    Still think Leader Megs shits on this PoS

10. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

I seriously believe that Hasbro had room full of super sensitive parents during the past few product tests who complained that the toys were too hard for their kids. That's why I think we are getting simplified transformations and crap like Megs and the IDW Prime coming up.

11. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Ha! You mean parents who got frustrated trying to figure out how to transformer the toys for their kids!

12. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Still sticking with Megasteel, Hasbro's looks like crap. Armada Version looks decent and may get it.

13. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Megasteel's version is definitely a lot better than Hasbro's, but at least with Hasbro you are getting something real while Megasteel still hasn't released their Blaster yet after all this time.

14. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    the recent 2 official megatrons revealed just shows why we need third party's to get it right for the fans

15. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

That too. As a kid, I loved difficult transformations. Thats why many of us got them. I think Hasbro has forgotten that.

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Gotta agree that Megasteel looks better, but I'll still probably get both anyway lol.

17. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    these clown the hasbro Megs. remind me of N64 days for some reason.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    It's not even that mega steels is complex, it looks relatively quite simple to transform, heck it looks about the same as generations warpath (one of my all time favorite deluxes), fold up chest flip up limbs and you're done. Yet still it looks fantastic in both modes.

Hasbro's is too simple, way way too simple. That's the issue with a lot of their current figures, they only know two speeds now; too complex or so dumb-proof the toy is ruined. They don't need simplification they just need better and smarter engineering, and from smarter thinking comes superior and more efficient design with less parts which naturally grants you much easier and more fun transformations.

19. Skyfire87

Skyfire87 Phase 6r

Lmfao! I remember that part in golden eye. I shot those two fuckers everytime.

20. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Compared to the Prime, I am liking Megs, he is pretty close to G1 (kind of cartoonish imo), minus gun barrel over the right shoulder while having a decent tank mode.
    The Mega-steel one is very much of the IDW era, and looks really impressive. Has a much more sinister and brutish vibe.