Megahouse One piece figures

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Luffy, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Luffy

Luffy Lazy Yamato fanboy

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

*throws figuarts Luffy into the trash*

2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    WHo's Megahouse? And are they releasing the entire crew?

3. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're the people responsible for Portrait of Pirates. And those are the only two that have been shown off...

I'm excited as all hell to see something not a statue. However...

Megahouse has done very, very little poseable figures ever. And those that they have are robots... They're pretty much entirely statue people.

And it does kind of show here. The elbows, knees, and especially shoulders all look pretty wonky here. It's still great progress, the sculpts themselves are great, I want them to see release, and I'll probably get them, but they do look odd there...

4. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks for the info. I think I'll pass. I've got so many Figuart Zeroes that it would be too costly to start over, especially if these are by the PoP guys. I'll still keep my eye on them though to see where this goes just in case.

5. Sky Ray

Sky Ray Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, so Megahouse is finally putting articulation now, took them 10 years!
    I don't collect them myself anymore, so I stopped collecting POPs after Hancock was released. The only POPs I have are Luffy (Neo version), Nami (Water 7 Neo version), Robin (1st Skypiea), Vivi (Neo Version), Hancock, and MILD POPs of Luffy, Nami, Robin and the Dereshi version, and Vivi.

6. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wait there has to be another thread this couldn't have been left alone for 7yrs.....but this is all I could find in the search, there just has to be more One Piece fans than this? Anyways here's my One Piece 3 Bros collection
    20210701_001650.jpg
    Luffy, Ace (RIP), & Sabo. I really like these they remind me of the Guyver figures in design mixed with a bit of Figuarts when it comes to the head setup. I went with everyone touching their hats lol

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol forgot there was a thread - and I even commented in it! - all those years ago.

Took me a while to get hooked by the line, but wish I had from the start. Once in hand I completely stopped caring about the scale.

Have had Whitebeard and Shanks when they first came out since they were fun one-offs, especially Whitebeard.

And then the line basically died not long after. :( 

So those reissues last year and v2 of Law I was all over. Added Luffy, Ace, Sabo, Law v2, Nami, and Chopper to my ranks.

And then it died again. :(  Really had hoped so, so, so much that the couple of months straight of reissues (and even a new figure! that was the biggest surprise!) meant it'd really be back. Maybe they didn't sell as well as hoped (though totally sold out on AmiAmi quickly where I get everything), but man... If they had at least finished the crew... Got so close.

And Usopp, Robin, Sanji, and Zoro are way too expensive now for me to want to get secondhand..

Also, love the touching the hat look for them haha. It just works.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Finally started watching the series with my family not too long ago. Would have been in on some of these but not gonna bother trying to get any now since I missed the boat. I'll wait until another series of figures come out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

It still seems really weird to me that something as huge as One Piece is in Japan has had tons and tons of relatively expensive statues of all types but can't seem to sustain an articulated figure line that goes much past Luffy, Ace, Zolo, Sanji, etc. Heck, Figuarts basically shifted from articulated figures to just statues. But I guess that's true of a lot of other stuff like MHA as well.

How Medicos has stuck all this time with Jojo is beyond me (though maybe all those repaints really help)

There are the Bandai Anime Legends figures which are available in the US but I don't really think they'll go all that deep either.

• Like Like x 2
  10. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah I wanted to get in on the start but fell to the way side based on how expensive these are, I would've like to have at least gotten the whole crew, and I might pick up a few more, I have seen BOA and Chopper here in Korea in stores but that's it, no Zorro, no Sanji, or anyone else for that matter. It's crazy they might be the best 3 Family trio, with other 3 being in Naruto and Tekken, what's crazy is why is there always a dead person amongst the family trio

11. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

12. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's something I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He does look good, but don't really need it. Really wish it came with some more reissues though.

Zorojuro's apparently next.