Meet Charlie Watson

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SimbaTron, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    When you have people blocked, sometimes that'll happen on the mis-reads.

Which might be why. :cool: 
    Though unwanted advances can be considered sexual harassment, but that's only if you're one of those dense guys that can't take a hint or can't accept no. And again, it's also in how it's phrased.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  2. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Bumblebee is hotter is that better?

• Like Like x 2
  3. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Not really. We all know Optimus Prime is the hot one. He has flames on his hood!

• Like Like x 5
  4. Deadend

News Credits:
    Pfft give me the sexy dulcet tones of Hound any day!

• Like Like x 5
  5. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    She has the retro 80's look down (reminds me a little of my wife during her punk rocker days :D ). Cool shoes!

It seems like they're trying to set her up as a cooler female version of Sam, and getting back to basics with the "human and his/her car" premise from the first live action movie. Hopefully it's the right move.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Wonder if this means her male mechanic friend/co-star gets to be the eye candy this time and pose suggestively while working on cars. :lol  I think Coca-Cola ran television ads similar to this years ago.

"No no no no no no no!"

• Like Like x 2
  7. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    Then I guess you're... good?

Which is why it's kinda ridiculous. I know we're (mostly) a bunch of men online, but we don't all have to react with "Aw man look! It's a girl! She's hot!"

All this... "complimenting", aside, I do like the look quite a bit; I was born in the '90s, so I don't have a personal account, but I think they captured "the '80s" pretty well. I'm unfamiliar with the actress, but I'm looking forward to seeing her in action.

• Like Like x 2
  8. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Maggie was directed by Bay, and I didn't detect even a hint of over-sexualization of her character. Neither was Lennox's wife.

Arcee and her girls, along with their holograms, Charlote Mearing, Judy, Li Bing Bing's character, and Darcy were't either.

Mikaela, Alice, Carly, Tessa, Melody Perkins, Victoria Summer, Izzy and Viviane, each appeared in a variable number of shots, to appeal to twelve year old adolescents.

Cade was about the only eye candy for a certain demographic in the male category. Ok, I'll include Lockdown and Optimus also.

Edit:
    Forgot to include Quintessa in this post. She was creepy!

• Like Like x 2
  9. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Lockdown and Optimus do nothing for me. :lol 

As for Maggie, there WAS a dropped subplot about her "being too hot to be smart" or something. Glad they cut that.

• Like Like x 2
  10. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Yeah, the guys don't do anything for me either, but you can't ignore the physique of some of the TF's. :-D

Edit:
    Oh yeah, meant to say this about the picture of Hailee. That Motorhead T-shirt has Megatron's head on it! J/K haha!

11. soundwavejordan

soundwavejordan Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I agree with pretty much everything you stated. Feels like a step in the right direction giving us those old Human/Transformer companionship that we're all familiar with throughout the years. They may even have an epic relationship too like Spike and Bee in G1. Let's all hope for the best!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

I don't believe that for a second. There's no mortal who can resist this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  13. soundwavejordan

soundwavejordan Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Scrumptious... : ^)

• Like Like x 2
  14. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm just tired of every girl having to be some kind of dysfunctional bad girl hero type.

15. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Vivian was as white bread as they come until Marky Mark appeared. Only 2 girls that are like that so far and thats Izzy and her

16. Deadend

News Credits:
    That's the proliferation of phrases because people don't think of phrase origins when they use them, so that'd be because of bad parenting. But it still is an anal rape joke as the origin of the phrase, and a kid should be corrected for using it. It's no different than if a kid made a racist joke. You'd still correct it or they'd think it acceptable. In your example, that'd be the teacher's job or other faculty at the school.

Just because a phrase is commonly used doesn't make it something that should be used. Popularity of the phrase doesn't make it correct or remove the origins of what it means. So you should gently educate the ill-informed. Otherwise you end up with adults that think it okay to make jokes like that because no one pointed it out to them and the phrase perpetuates.

And I didn't say he was making light of it, I was pointing out the blindness/tone deafness to not seeing/hearing the difference in how things are phrased. Considering his point after it was how she should 'expect' to be harassed/mistreated because of what she chose to sing about for one song. That he felt her chosen actions for one song gave consent to such kind of lewd commentary about her when no such expressed consent was ever given or implied, it was a very valid point to bring up.

Well that certainly brings new definition to getting rear ended. Or are we bottoming out this topic too much? Gotta love that trunk space though.

• Like Like x 2
  17. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    How do these threads end up like this?

Anyway...

It's best to keep the discussion regarding what her character might be (I see a Verity Carlo here)? And how she's going to be throughout the movie? Or how's her character development going to be? What's her storyarc? (Am I saying the same thing here?) etc.

• Like Like x 12
  18. francesco92

francesco92 Well-Known Member

I remember that Scarlet Johansson wanted to do a nude scene in The Island but Bay did not wanted because it felt it was out of place. He also refused to direct the remake of Friday the 13 because "there was too much sex". So Bay actually has a strange attitude toward sexy girls. Of course Mikaela, Alice and Carly are fanserviced (I think it is the more correct term given that Bay is also an anime fan) but that's because Transformers movies, as he said many times, are ment for teenage boys. I don't complain frankly. It is only feminazi propaganda that complains that if a girl/woman show her body too much then it is sexualized. Honestly, if that's the case, Mark Walhberg was more sexualized than Laura Haddock in TLK.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    Which is part of the problem. Unnecessary fan service is still unnecessary fan service no matter what demographic it is geared too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. francesco92

francesco92 Well-Known Member

That is a matter of perspective. I don't complain see a good-looking girl being sexy and neither does many many other boys among the audience. So as you see you can't please anyone but you can please the target audience.