Mechanic Toy MS-30 Amie (Legend class G1 Arcee)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Jul 3, 2021.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dr Wu bringing his A-game. Wow!

2. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    It is far better than dx9, but yes over all i am not likely to replace either dx9 kup or the arcee.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thedicemaster

thedicemaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  4. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least at legends/legends+ scale I wish companies would deviate from the animation design and Arcee thicker feet/calfs. More of boot look; just make her balance on the shelf and poses better.

I guess Iron Factory is probably only one who could get away with it.

5. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Hello, Pure Prairie League?

• Like Like x 1
  6. BenLeong

BenLeong Well-Known Member

This looks great—and doesn’t have the “haggard stripper” look that the Takara MP one has, ha. The chest and face look perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm very curious to see how this transforms. To be able to go from that car mode to that robot mode without any parts forming or pieces being removed, especially at this scale, is extraordinary.

8. Red2

Red2 " ... and so the story goes ... "

Oh, nice! Agree with comments that it’s overall to Rouge looking. They should be taking cues from MP51’s waist down and MMC’s waist up.

Either way, I’m excited for a decent legends Arcee.

9. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I actually like this. Backpack isn't too crazy, robot chest actually forms the robot hood. Nice. Sadly being Legends+ it's too large for my legends collection. a 9cm one would work best (I know that's not what Mechanic Toy does).

What's really sad is it'll probably be priced decently, too.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for a green medic version since I missed out on the one in the Hasbro 2-pack.

11. TurtleCaps

TurtleCaps Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd have to disagree, the Dx9 is waay outdated with a giant backpack that goes too far above her head. And worst of all the Dx9 can't even balance on its own without a foot stand. I sold that a few years ago after being fed up with it flopping over all the time when a breeze passed as I'm not into foot stands for my figures. Not in love with the legs on this Mechanic Studios one so hope it doesn't suffer from the same "unable to stay up without a stand" issue but it burns the old Dx9 at every level ..

Face and helmet far superior as well imo ..
    Screenshot_20210703-160003~2.png

Leah has this sad and constipated face and an empty hole space right smack in the middle of her waist.. can't imagine why anyone would want to keep the old one, but to each their own.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Lol at “FT proportions.”

Do y’all mean G1 show accurate proportions? The official MP looks nothing like Arcee from the cartoon - save for the bloated looking alt mode.

Last time I checked, Arcee from the toon didn’t have “child birthing hips,” a “little grey man”/alien looking face, the mountain hikers backpack and that terrible chest.

This honestly looks better than the official MP.

@TurtleCaps -

yeesh - that’s dx9 Arcee? She looks terrifying and horrendous at the same time.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  13. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Now this is one I wouldn't mind getting bumped up to a deluxe. It's sad, I love Legends. But most 3rd parties are ignoring the movie cast except for a few here and there. MFT and it's other companies at least do but the Legends Plus makes them wonky in a display. I might as well just go Legends plus for my entire Movie cast.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Although she’s IDW, have you checked out the oldschool Azalea from MMC? She’s a deluxe. There is also Delicate Warrior (deluxe) and quite a few official figures at deluxe size as well.

15. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am *really* impressed with this one. You dug deep for this and it's much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  16. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

I had delicate warrior back in the day. Not a bad figure and I don't really mind the Earthrise one too much, just don't care for the extra front half of the car part.

17. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Okay lets look at these two side by side
    arcee-2.jpg
    Right away I can tell MFT's has a better expression and I could make it look pretty good with some paint. There was only so much I could do with Dx9's open mouth expression.
    I can see a lot of ways I could really paint and make this new mold look nice. I'll need to see the final colors first, DX9's color choices left a lot to be desired and I had to fix them. My major worry with MFT's is it will be too large for my collection. This is one I'd love to see them make smaller than their normal ones. Another advantage over DX9 is it has feet swivel so it's likely to be more stable.
    Neither has wrist swivel which is something I'd like to have. Need to see how it transforms as I'm already seeing some areas of the mold I'd like to add sculpty too and fill in. MFT does appear in the second pic to have waist swivel which is a big plus. But it may not have a leg swivel something the Dx9 does have. These are things I'd expect in a Magic Square or a New age one. Don't know if I'll get it, but it is a big improvement over DX9 and I hope this gets New age and Magic square to stop fighting over combiners and make their own as MFT is usually inferior to their efforts(Unless MFT is Knocking off or improving their molds)

• Like Like x 3
  18. Victory Force

Victory Force Transformers Weeb

Whats with Legends class toys looking better than MP releases recently?

• Like Like x 3
  19. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Kinda. Most of their figures scale well enough to the Magic Square/Iron Factory scale (usually a head or half a head taller). Definitely too big to go with NewAge.

that said, most of the movie cast is done by MFT and no other brands, at the moment. The upcoming springer in MFT, as is Wreck Gar. The only Rodinus Prime is MFT - as well as the only decent Kup (the DX9 it’s based on is gappy and a little small for his scale). The only Magic Square figure from that era is Perceptor and Blaster, which she should fit ok enough with

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Aware of the sizes have a few of them. Usually only get them when no other option is currently available. Also not quite true about Rodimus the Papa toys hot rod figure with a few minor paint fixes makes a great Rodimus to Newage’s Galvatron. Away from the house right now post pics later. You can see them together if you look really hard in my pics in the third party legends thread. But people tell me seeing a single figure when I post pics of my legends collection is often akin to searching for Waldo. ( You’ll understand if you see a pic of my collection)

• Like Like x 1