Mech Fans Toys upcoming figures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jan 5, 2017.

1. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Jitterbugs come from China, just put in super secret spy code to translate. *2767*3855#22745433

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

News Credits:
    DO we have to teach you everything? It says right there on your phone. Ask Alexa.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There maybe in indication of a plan to re-release that product. But it was out before as part of their SAT line, but that small vehicle in the background isn't a Diaclone KO it's a compatible original design, though the foreground mech is a KO I do recall Takara doing that colour officially. This is a good example of why I keep saying they needed to do the other size of container too and not just the little ones Even now that is something I'd really like as even with new container standards now In Diaclone there is still a use for them.

I recall ages ago when MFT was quizzed about this they basically said they had an issue with the Vecma Factory and anyone else they asked wanted a lot more money.

But since that was the case the price of Diaclone & toys in general has sky rocketed, which depending on the domestic demand should perhaps make some of this viable again.

I strongly suspect that they did actually do an additional run of the clear mech suits as they'd sold out everywhere for a year or more and they suddenly just showed up again.

I would have thought if they felt happy doing the odd Diaclone mini-mech they'd be even happy repainting them (especially their own designs), but if Vecma is holding those molds they might not be able too.

But their KO Minifigures remain a license to print money.

uR7GEl6.jpg

The Mamoth Vehicle was a promising start and the two other mechs they made were also really good too, every bit as good as offical to be honest.

fff6c410cfaf4d4f8554b977de471642.jpeg

Just to mention there was this mysterious thing too :

Diamond-Cyclone.jpg

I guess there isn't much chance of them just repainting this either.

Giftset-01.jpg

Or sneaking things out under another brand in another territory.... most of these ended up in other Asian Countries and Australia.
    (note the lack of yellow plastic on this one)

69491424_2305064409562338_5634693807531360256_o.jpg

But at least the products have not completely vanished if Sandstorm is still due to be released.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jedah Dohma

Jedah Dohma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, but do keep in mind that Sandstorm was designed by Mechanic Toys, so that belongs to them, not MFT. If anything, that might now a be a joint venture with Dr. Wu, so it might not even be a part of the conversation.

5. Robowang

Robowang I don't have AIDS

Ebay:
    As long as SOMEONE still makes legends+, I'm okay with any company shake-ups.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's something the vast majority of people following the Triple Changers releases will see as part of the same product line regardless of who's name is on the box in a general sense at least. & Dr.Wu's Arcee seems to be essentially the same in that way, the Packaging certain looks like the Packaging of some of the prior "shared" products like Tracks for example.

That is unless you want to be thinking the old Springer is Mech Fans Toys and the new one is Mechanic Toys.

At the end of the day all of these people are at least seemingly "associated" with Machine Boy Toys / Meng Badi in some sense as they seem to all appear on the same stands more often than not at trade shows, Is there a Hong Kong Toy fair this year, I can't say I've noticed so far.

Speaking of long waits I don't think this ever came out did it : Machine Boy (Meng Badi) teases Sky Lynx

7. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seems MFT just admitted Mechanic Toy is the same group.

mft之前不是死不承认机械师是他们家的吗?【小比例变形金刚吧】_百度贴吧

Simple translation:
    Fatlee636: happy new year! wish Sandstorm will come soon
    MFT: no problem on Sandstorm
    Wayman: But Sandstorm is from Mechanic Toys
    MFT: We are same family.

adf8e2ca0a46f21f70527495b3246b600d33ae42.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jedah Dohma

Jedah Dohma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I saw that too. Mechanic Toys keeps saying they're a different group, but MFT contradicts them, so I don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  9. therealsharky

therealsharky Well-Known Member

Maybe Mechanic Toys is the son and MFT is the dad. LOL!
    Mechanic Toys: "I'm my own company, Dad!"
    MFT: "Yeah right, whatever you say kid."

• Like Like x 7
  10. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Did anyone think they WEREN'T part of the same 'family?' I don't think it's ever been a state secret. Mechanic Studio, Lost Planet, MFT - they may be different segments concentrating on unique lines, but they're all part of the same family.

Kinda like how whirlpool offers a wider variety of sizes and features in laundry washers than the maytag label, so it's fine if WP boasts their unique 1200rpm 21" model as exclusive to them, but any of their profits end up channeling to the Maytag/WP combined headquarters.

At least that's how I look at it. I still love all the stuff they've released, regardless of label. MFT/MS/LP are one of my favorites!

• Like Like x 2
  11. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think so, all under one big umbrella. I won't feel very surprised later someone said they all belongs to BMB, which is secretly backed by Hasbro to undermine the 3rd parties. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  12. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

I think Papatoys and DX9 had a pretty good run. Not great, mind you, but for the time it wasn't half bad. I miss KBB and the occasional "Blue Clown white tiger infinite deformation" one-offs that their offshoot companies would do. I'm quite happy to see MFT still in the game.

13. hoptimusprime

hoptimusprime Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a Mammoth they are looking to get rid of? Also looking for VP02 and VP03

14. Starling

Starling Well-Known Member

Great pieces, Vecma Studio's Mammoth is between my best toys ever; paint, design, accesories, construction, playability, everything is perfect to me.

15. 3trees

3trees Well-Known Member

Not that it’s a surprise, but BBTS just canceled all the MFT preorders (I assume all, I had the blaster and perceptor repaints canceled and saw someone else mention their overlord got canceled). Oh well, time to wait for Newage to get to those characters.

16. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Did anybody ordering from overseas get black Perceptor? If so, fuck MFT.

17. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Re conversation.
    Don't think too much about it...
    Mft works under different names, mechanic studio, mech planet and now probably pangu too. The mechnic studio and mech planet were different designers so that was sense there. Maybe Pangu is a new factory. Whose to really say it's their buisness. All their products had the same production sensibility, material finish etc. It was easy to tell.
    There will probably be many more new names i'm sure.

Dr Wu is obviously a well known figure in 3p collections in his own right, struggled with production for a period so has probably teamed up with mft, if the suggestion is their related, mft have the established record in that arena. I don't own recent dr.wu stuff so hard to guess more.

Mft struggle for designers, hence for a longer period OS KOingdx9s and whatnot, It could be they are at lull on creative side of things. What with dx9s end and na and mst probably watching out for them by making their own products harder to copy. Also characters and designs being harder to ace in the competition.

All that i say is simply my assumption...
    Of course i i have lot's of ideas where mft can fill gaps. Theyve thrived this whole time by making a better size figure with small improvements here and there... so hopefully they still can climb those windows.

8/9cm insecticons god damnit.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  18. GatoSamurai

GatoSamurai Well-Known Member

So... reading you all, do you think MFT Blur is still on the run?? Because I've seen news about him in a long time.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
  20. magicube

magicube Legends Scale Collector

News Credits:
    MFT announced on their Weibo a reprint of DA-01, a Diaclone reboot KO:

Sina Visitor System

006y839mgy1hatua81qoaj30pf0ukwj9.jpg

• Like Like x 5