Mech Fans Toys upcoming figures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Impactor666

Impactor666 Well-Known Member

These were mine I got from Show z when they got reissued silver faces 20210721_172345.jpg 20210721_172325.jpg 20210721_172312.jpg 20210721_172302.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  2. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

I guess, You've got a very limited BLM version.

3. Heavyhitter512

Heavyhitter512 Well-Known Member

I doubt it with thier products now being KOed like Newage.

4. Heavyhitter512

5. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

MFT has been ko'ing MS for long time. Predates any KO of Newage, except maybe that Flipper KO. Honestly, my own tin foil hat theory is that MS sells their designs to MFT. MFT always seems to wait until magic squares figures have sold through before they release their KOs. Usually about a year.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Dutchy79

Dutchy79 Well-Known Member

Had the same idea for a long time now, there is a clear understanding between releases.

I collect both and it will not hurt them and yes the MS bots do go up in value for those who collect this scale.
    Now I have no intrest in parting with anything I have, not a single bot will go :D 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Heavyhitter512

Not saying its just MFT. Others are taking a dip and also doing it lately.

8. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    i finally gave in and threw in the towel waiting for a metallic re-issue and got myself the xmas box set. damn this box is big!

i still would have preferred the metallic set, but the dark grey on these guys isn't bad and will hold me over nicely until another 3p pumps out a new set. i'd also prob upgrade if MFT does finally re-issues the metallic set as well. :rolleyes: 

not run into any QC issues and the paint apps are clean. the transformation may be a bit dated to what we got now, but i'm still fairly impressed with some of what was done, such as how they concealed grimlocks dino head, and the dino parts in the feet of the other bots. though the articulation is a bit lacking and some of the tolerances during transformation was a bitch in some areas, the sculpt of the bots are decent and the dinos i think are fairly spot on. overall i'm pleased to have finally added the full dino crew.

if anyone has been considering getting this re-issue box set, i say go for it. ;) 

PXL_20211210_180035002.jpg

PXL_20211210_180341134.jpg

PXL_20211210_221546167.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  9. Heavyhitter512

[QUOTE="Dutchy79]

I collect both and it will not hurt them and yes the MS bots do go up in value for those who collect this scale.
    Now I have no intrest in parting with anything I have, not a single bot will go :D [/QUOTE]

Probably will but not that much...when u got those cheaper knockoff alternatives.

10. Jedah Dohma

Jedah Dohma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if MFT will ever upscale the MS Seekers and Coneheads? If their upcoming Perceptor really is only 5 mm taller than the original, then the Seekers shouldn't be a problem either with the same height difference needed for Legends+ (11cm).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Impactor666

Impactor666 Well-Known Member

We can only hope they do.
    The MS Coneheads don't have many reviews on YouTube I've noticed?

12. Jedah Dohma

News Credits:
    I think you're right. I only remember seeing PrimeVsPrime doing one.

Edit: Magnus' loot crate, too. But that's all there is.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Destron1

Destron1 dalianjj's new account.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Give us Sandstorm prototypes already!

• Like Like x 4
  14. Hawkwave

I doubt they will. MS seekers were one of if not there worst molds. Newage were considered superior and with the os ko of newage available the customer base is not as large. I remember several reviewers saying the MS mold was not that much of an improvement of DX9/MFT one.

I kind of want a new prime, but I view the fact they never KO'd the MS prime as more proof that MS and MFT have some kind of aggreament.

15. Jedah Dohma

News Credits:
    Don't you think that might have more to do with Covid? Sure they put out the last of their Headmasters this year, but notice they didn't release any KOs of other MS molds. Maybe that means something, or maybe it doesn't mean anything and it's a complete coincidence, but we're supposed to get Perceptor and Trailbreaker, so maybe there are more MS KOs coming next year, and it might include the seekers. Or maybe MFT will make their own in-house mold. Either way, the Jinbao seekers are too tall for my liking and I hate that Skywarp is permanently stuck with a screaming face, so a new option would be welcome. And we do need a new Prime and Megatron that both clean up better. Also Soundwave, Shockwave, Cyclonus, Ramjet, Thrust, Dirge, Hoist, and Ironhide and Ratchet in 2023. And the remaining combiner teams too. We also need an animation accurate Sixshot, that I bet MFT will also get around to.

16. Hawkwave

TLDR: Crackpot theory of why I think MS and MFT have some king of arrangement.

I think them trying to get through their own designs has a lot to do with the lack KOs of MS in recent history. I am sure covid plays a part, but I think their own designs for characters that haven't been done by other companies are more profitable. I haven't done a major deep dive into how long it is from an MS release to a MFT KO, but MFT seems to give MS about a year before they release a KO. Which strikes me as enough time for MS to sell their produced figures. MFT showed their Preceptor and I believe Magic Square's is pretty hard to get (if not totally sold out) atm. So that kind of fits with my guess that MFT and MS have an agreement.

Certain figures seem to be hands off and for the most part to me. It seems to be the figures magic square is most likely to produce multiple versions or repaints. MS keeps rereleasing their prime in different colors and now a version 2.0. A KO of 1.0 would compete with their 2.0. I also think legends companies are not big into reprints, because the new character is more profitable/worth their time. (IF doesn't redo anything it seems). Which is why I think MS is ok with allowing MFT to KO the molds they are not interested in repainting or reproducing.

My tinfoil hat/no proof theory is that MS contracts with MFT to make their figures. I actually think MFT is a bigger company than Magic Square. They probably make other stuff under different names or in their factory(s) for others. We know they have their own factory, because MFT helped hot soldiers by actually making their prime. It would make sense that as part of their agreement is for MFT to get use of their mold after an agreed upon time span.

One last thing that strikes me as odd is that MFT doesn't KO newage or pretty much anyone else anymore. Why KO the inferior MS seekers when they could do Newage at the more correct legends+ size. They could cherry pick which ever mold is the best from any company, but it always ends up being MS.

I hope they KO everything to be honest. I buy the size that fits my scale preference. For me leaders, voyagers, and combiners need to be legends+. I have the KO of newage megatron/seekers and I agree they are too big. Especially next to MS soundwave :cool: .

17. Jedah Dohma

News Credits:
    Alright. But MS still redecoed Trailbreaker, twice. How would you explain that? And do you think it would affect the MFT KO's release? Also, based off your theory, the seekers would still be fair game but only after a certain ammount of time has passed, and yes, there's at least one year between MS and MFT releases.

MS released Inferno, Grapple, Magnus and Blaster in 2018, and MFT KOd them in 2019, I remember that much. As for Newage being off-limits, that might also have to do with them taking legal action against Jinbao after they KOd Megatron and the Seekers. The MS seekers came out around late 2019 - early 2020, so it's been enough time, but since MFT were also working on other things last year, that might explain why they didn't even bother teasing the seekers or any other KOs. But their Perceptor that's about to come out, contradicts that and as you said, he's very hard to come by due to being made in small quantities, so again, maybe that's why he was rushed through production.

So in the end, this is all just speculation. Nothing wrong with guessing and hoping about what might come out.

18. Hawkwave

Is the MFT KO out for Trailbreaker? Have we even seen a something beyond the render? Can you, buy standard MS trailbreaker anywhere? Its all just conjecture. Outside of someone in the know actually coming on here and telling us we will never know. But the only MS trailbreaker recolor I could find was yellow (I didn't do an extensive search). All of MS recolors were out before MFT showed their tease for trailbreaker. And MFTs time from tease to release is quite long, if I remember correctly.

It just all seems so coincidental. The speed at which Jinboa KO'd newage was so quick you can see they didn't give a damn how it would effect newage. Same with KOs of takara molds. Its actually in the KOs companies best interest to get them out fast. Then they are the cheaper alternative competition to the original. Mft waits quite a long time for their KO to be released. The KO of MS magnus (which I think was their first) was at least a year. I thought that was strange at the time and its probably why I keep this theory in back of my mind.

I think ultimately if this is true its a net positive. It means everything MS does has a chance of an OS KO. Even the seekers it just the matter of time till MS is ok with it. I can see a KO of MS 1.0 prime a year from MS 2.0 being out. They might do the seekers, but I think they are rereleasing the DX9 ones as singles. So it will be awhile. I like MS molds better than newage in most instances. I really want an OS of MS Megs, shockwave, soundwave for instance.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Jedah Dohma

News Credits:
    They also did a blue Trailbreaker, at least I've seen it being sold by Hzj. Also, I added some more stuff to my reply, just in case.

20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can't speak to this/MFT but the oversized KO of Menasor I just received has Magic Square listed right on the back of the instruction manual. Granted, it's a KO and they may not care about ripping another company off but to actually leave the original company's name on the paperwork?

Either they're cocky, stupid, or MS is in on it.

• Like Like x 1