Mech Fans Toys upcoming figures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Destron1

Destron1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FB_IMG_1619180718938.jpg FB_IMG_1619180721530.jpg FB_IMG_1619180734693.jpg FB_IMG_1619180731939.jpg
    FB_IMG_1619180727909.jpg FB_IMG_1619180737836.jpg

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 18
  2. Galdelico

Galdelico Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just a heads-up, folks.

The other day I noticed the two Dinobot sets from MFT went past the preorder stage - over at Show.Z at least - and became available for purchase.
    I thought to contact them and ask if they could check 'Blue' Swoop out, and tell me if it's the old metallic version, reused with the other 4 cartoon figures, or that mysterious, new toon repaint which was teased ages ago, and I got this photo, along with a confirmation it's indeed a new paint deco:

BlueSwoop.jpeg

Not the sharpest picture, but I decided to give it a try and ordered a set.
    From what I can tell, that beak looks yellow (not golden), the grey on the arms and legs doesn't seem metallic to me, and the missiles are red.

It all looks very similar to this picture:

BlueSwoop1.jpg

Fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Hougangkid

Hougangkid Constructicon Worker

You seem to be right.

Photos from recent Taobao customer reviews:

-703804974_edit_531244031048103.jpg

-686032375.png

It's confusing cos the product photos that the sellers use for the blue swoop are the old metallic version, and not this current version.

I have a red swoop on the way, but now wondering if it's easy to paint it blue, or just buy a new one.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone interested in this set for $80 shipped in the U.S? They have their instructions, guns, and swords, although Grimlock's sword is broken.

20210426_091715~2.jpg

Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    if only these were metallic versions. :( 

6. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    it wouldn't make sense for MFT to re-issue the complete toon set and include a metallic swoop that would be completely out of place with the rest of them, as well as costing them more to produce because of the additional metallic paint.

7. Galdelico

Galdelico Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ha, good to know!
    I'm looking forward to see how they look in person... My plan is to mix them with my NewAge Autobots, rather than Magic Square's. Personal opinion of course, but I feel like their design may go better with NA bots. Hopefully they won't look too huge side by side.
    I see, thank you.
    Probably a bit too big - according to the cartoon scale chart - but they actually look good to me in this picture by @Meekutron:

MFTDinos.jpg

Assuming NA Prime won't be that much smaller than MST's, I'm ok with how all these guys (MFT Dinobots and NA Autobots) stand next to each other. I also feel their aesthetics match pretty well.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  8. Hougangkid

Who knows what's going on, since no seller used the right photo.

Not only that, some sellers listed the complete reissued set without saying if Swoop was red or blue, and one seller's customers have gotten a random colored Swoop, i.e. some got red, some got blue, since there was no mention of the color.

They're more or less the same proportion and size as the POTP Deluxe Dinobots in bot mode, if you want an early size reference.

• Like Like x 2
  9. RickyLeeSTF

RickyLeeSTF Copper Age Collector

News Credits:
    Oh man. I need that Blue toon Swoop. Anyone know if any sellers have the individual Swoop for sale? I have both the metallic and matte sets already from MFT, just need this matte blue Swoop.

10. Magnusfan Nujevad

Magnusfan Nujevad Well-Known Member

Can't you disassemble both Swoops and mix and match parts?

11. Nightwing

Nightwing Well-Known Member

Too bad they got the color of Swoop's missiles wrong

12. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Issue-Magnet Guy

Instagram:
    I'm totally convinced that soon or later MST will jump into the Dino squad. I sold all the MFT Dinos Metallic keeping this hope in my mind. :lol 

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry, I sold those ones a couple months back.

14. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if the Alternators Rollbar colour (Red/Orange) Hound will ever get released. If they make it in Orange I can pretend the deco is inspired by Gator From M.A.S.K. perhaps ?

Artfire looks quite nice, I do like that mould - even if I do get a slight issue with Inferno's ladder getting stuck and refusing to telescope out.

I'm hoping Road Rage will ship soon too. I do still think it's a tiny shame that MFT's Blitzwing is missing the Horizontal tails though.
    I wonder if they will make a "Flywheels" deco version as a repaint - that might be nice to have.

• Like Like x 1
  15. guillotine

guillotine Member

So is MFT tendentially done with KOs? There's some stuff I'm somewhat shamefully "waiting for the KO" for, if I am to be honest mostly because the bigger size feels more robust rather than the price.

16. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

that is definitely the million dollar question. i am hopeful they will bump up the van bros and a few other bots before they leave the game.

i think we have to wait for their S-dub to drop to see what else they might have in the pipeline as well.

17. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

I'm hoping MS Stunticons eventually make it down the MFT or Jinbao pipeline (so long as it's not NBK). Anyway I'm still really happy about the forthcoming releases from MFT in 2021/2022.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hougangkid

Unless NA is better. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  19. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Issue-Magnet Guy

Instagram:
    I think that Jinbao is the new KO company... But their products... Ufff... I explain my reasons. MFT had pretty solid figures (except for Kup and Springer 1.0), good tolerances, no stress marks, improved in the most of the cases and no breakages or major issues.

Jinbao made OS Devastator, lots of users experienced loosed articulations issues (like me), but it was totally acceptable because it was very huge and heavy.

The they started to make KO OS, like Optimus Dutch DX9, a very enjoyable figure full of accessories, simple without issues.

Then they launch KO OS NA Megatron... And KO OS MST Seekers... Poor materials with more issues than usual.

I don't know if Jinbao deserves to be the new KO company... But it's certainly that MFT left a big hole in the market without their KOs.

20. SunBlack

SunBlack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I own jinbao Megatron and I am very happy with him, metallic version, and for the price full of accessories

• Like Like x 3