Mech Fans Toys upcoming figures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind to much if someone took inspiration from some things Tomy once did - remember that Dinosaur combiner they made decades ago for example > or there was things like R.A.T.S. and Z-Knights that might work well with the MFT style Diaclone mini-figures too even the occasional Zoid inspired thing (for if they do beast modes).

Yes I like that Robot - but if I get him will depend on price - I liked The Pride of China Sub and the Jet too but they were a bit to expensive, I love E-Boxes and would buy loads more of those in a multitude of colours too (especially light grey and white would be super for the space theme)

There is some odd internal sepration they bring up as the reason they stopped including Diaclone mini-mech with their figures - something about the old factory able to do them way cheaper which was why they were essentially "free" with the other toys - I really miss them with the Headmasters though. Heck I'd even take a gamma style container as a freebie since they don't currenly make Type 2 raid containers on their own & that leaves me with a few Naked mechs. (offical and other wise).

• Like Like x 1
  2. SunBlack

SunBlack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Can we expect a black version of ms-25 flywheel as loudpedal?

• Like Like x 1
  3. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

the tickboxes on the packaging will reveal whatever else variant MFT will release.

• Like Like x 2
  4. SunBlack

SunBlack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    @RedEG6 : Where I can see a recent picture of box?

5. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

no picture of box has been released yet because the figure is still being produced. you have to wait for it to be released first and hope that someone will post a picture of the box as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
  7. Mad Prime

Mad Prime Madness! This is Iacon!

News Credits:
    Is there any lore behind these E-Box models? I own one, SAT06, bought it because I liked the look of it but know nothing about it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Testicules Prime

Testicules Prime Well-Known Member

Got confirmation that Twincast comes with the toon accurate yellow face, even though the majority of promo shots show white.
    MFT makes corrections, not KO’s
    4F5DAFBE-88AE-4B96-8829-287B0090ABCD.jpeg D2140B7B-3447-40E0-B2F2-9DEBD3ABD3D8.jpeg 607EC5FF-115C-4EA5-AA37-9F2C77CFBD50.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  9. RickyLeeSTF

RickyLeeSTF Copper Age Collector

News Credits:
    I still have to order this guy.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I noticed the yellow face - I will admit I did extole a look of mild disapointment but at least it's a lemon yellow and not orange or something like that - as I prefer a white or silver face on the character or at least something paler.
    But It's not like Blaster/Twincast doesn't suffer from a degree of disagreement on his general appearance.

I ordered one a week or so back so I guess that might show up "eventually" As for the e-Boxes I saw the testshots for the new armour many months ago - I'd kinda forgotten they were even a thing until seeing them again (and I like eboxes) Looks Like I will be getting those the new reactive armour shield look pretty neat. They look like trash mob leaders for the default versions now. Or troopers for a less armoured commander version (as you prefer).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Galdelico

Galdelico Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm still wondering whether to pick this one up or not. I like MFT OS Blaster a lot and it comes very cheap, which is tempting. That said, it also feels super lazy. I'm glad they colored the face right, but that duplicated Ramhorn kinda bothers me... More than it should, I'll admit it, but hey.

• Like Like x 1
  12. xcorpeo

xcorpeo Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Just uploaded my review of Twincast. I actually like him more than Blaster. Would have appreciated a Steeljaw instead of another Ramhorn (Am I wishing for too much?), but still pleased I have a correctly colored Ramhorn now.

• Like Like x 3
  13. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Rip and tear until it's done!

Instagram:
    Still coming with Ramhorn... Passing....

14. Verthawk

Verthawk Duly-Appointed Enforcer of Universal Equity

What is this Samurai Shadow Warrior ? Any color pics? Is this a new design or based on something?

15. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked up the Fighter Club 3 set. Includes their versions of Acid Storm, Nova Storm and Hotlink. Funny because that's two Rainmakers and one Welcoming Committee, right? Also Hotlink is "Consciouser?" He's more aware things?

Text on the box is actually lifted right from the article on the F15 history on Wikipedia.

IMG_20201230_175035134~2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  16. Grouch

Grouch Stranger in a Strange Land

I still wish we’d gotten another set of repaints with nova storm, ion storm and bitstream.

17. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Nope, sorry. It's one Rainmaker (Acid Storm) and two Welcoming Comittee (Sunstorm and Hotlink).

A mistake often made, but Sunstorm was based on MTMTE (WC) not on the Rainmaker. But then Hasbro released a Rainmaker and called him Acid Storm which made people think Sunstorm was the yellow Rainmaker. But he's not.

The Rainmakers are: Acid Storm (green), Ion Storm (blue) and Nova Storm (yellow)
    The WC seekers are: Hotlink (purple), Bitstream (greenishblue), Sunstorm (orangy yellow) and Nacelle

(But that's official. In my collection Nova Storm doesn't exist and Sunstorm is the yellow Rainmaker. It just makes more sense namewise (a team where everybody is called -storm vs a team where nobody is named such) and abilitieswise (Sunstorm's abilities are weird with the WC's programmer, engineer and historian, but fit in great with the Rainmakers).)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Solarhalo looked more yellow than orange to me, so I figured Nova Storm. I will have so check in detail after I open it.

It's all very close.

CHMS Nova Storm
    chms_yellow.jpg

Solarhalo
    U84tc5a.jpg

Botcon Sunstorm
    Sunstorm-022_1375107351.jpg

Iron Factory Clone
    reduced-galery_image_13777_25793.jpg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  19. gfhs2003

gfhs2003 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if blaster is made by its other cassettes?

20. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

@Scaleface Solar Halo seems a bit closer to Nova Storm's yellow than the original (or Botcon) orange/orangy yellow, that's definitely true. But then, as shown by your own pictures, Sunstorm's colours have fluctuated widly. Just look at the bright yellow from the Hasbro MP. However, the use of white for body parts is a Sunstorm thing. Of course, this Acid Storm also isn't fully green and the Hotlink uses white instead of black.

I've sold mine about a year ago but IIRC Solar wasn't too dissimilar to the TT MP colours and seems based on it.

(Namewise you can go either way. You could argue that Solar Halo referance an exploding star, but on the other hand Solar is another word for sun, making the link with Sunstorm more immediate)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020