Mech Fans Toys upcoming figures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did see some of the rarer ones about july time - not seen them for a while. Unfortunately they often get listed under wacky nons
    I did see some of the rarer ones about july time on ebay (like Cliffjumper and Huffer Blackout & Warpath) - not seen them for a while. Unfortunately they often get listed under wacky nonsense names so are hard to find on ebay - I'd suggest asking 'HZJ401' on ebay - They may have some left or know where to get them.

You might get somewhere looking for common KO's and checking the other items people sell or checking each seller that sells MFT products individually - I think last time I found them I was looking for that Deluxe under-scale Movie Prime KO.

It is a shame when you miss something you wanted though I regret not getting the overscale Movie Scouts myself.

I also still can't find they slightly repainted and repackaged Huge Dragon / Omega Supreme though - It is supposed to be out in a lot of places outside China.

2. GatoSamurai

GatoSamurai Well-Known Member

Where did you put the insignia on Hardhead and Galvatron? Not sure about Hardhead if going shoulders or chest, and Galvatron... well, there is only one possible spot on the chest but its not very cartoon accurate and I don´t really like it, probably left him without insignia...

3. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Have you guys seen this? There is a white version of the Stellar Knights Police Team, numbered AGS-05. Show-Z has a listing for it and apparently it's in stock and not a preorder (unlike the black AGS-04 and blue AGS-03, both of which are still showing as preorder). Just another one to add to the list:

MechFansToys & Mechanic Toys AGS-05 Stellar Knights Police

993de5b3f1.jpg 2420ef357f.jpg 8454b19132.jpg 584367182f.jpg a0494bae07.jpg b452e17096.jpg be7773b1d5.jpg c3c315ded2.jpg c954d41c08.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Max Tower

News Credits:
    I saw that a couple of weeks ago on ebay - completely forgot to mention it though, seems to be an instock item I kinda forgot about it as they seem a little bit overpriced to me for what they are.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  5. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Untitled1-picsay.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  6. eliot

eliot Well-Known Member

if i can be slightly serious and heartfelt for a moment.
    my girlfriends sister has a middle stage cancer in her chest. as you can appreciate this has rocked everyone around us, and my girlfriend is perpetually upset.

she is 'braving the shave' (a uk fundraising thing where you get donations and shave your head) at the start of december.

i really want to help make an impact, i dont have many friends, or a social network, facebook etc, transformers is my closest thing to a social group.

i realize its not what this forum is for, but it would really mean alot to me to help my girlfriend. or if you could share this page to your social networks it would really help.

Help raise £3000 to fund my sister's cancer ward by BRAVING THE SHAVE

its a very scary time to be honest.

thanks for your tolerance. i hope this post doesnt get removed :( 

kindest regards

dan bragg

• Like Like x 4
  7. SunBlack

SunBlack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    @eliot this is not the right place for your post.
    Better to post in "general discussion"

• Like Like x 2
  8. Galdelico

Galdelico Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Quick question for you Mech Fans Toys collectors, hope you don't mind me asking.

I wish to add the MFT Dinobots to my Legends collection and I'm specifically interested in the toon color variant of the set. Now, I've found a collector selling the whole gang in bundle, but there's one thing that got me curious: Swoop, Slag and Sludge come in nice looking cardboard boxes, with Japanese (?) texts and a 'Newaoli' logo, in addition to the MFT one. Grimlock and Snarl, on the contrary, are packed into cheap looking cardbacks and plastic bubbles, once again with a second logo - saying 'Planet Dinosaurs' - alongside the MFT symbol.

Is this the way they came out originally? Or the guy simply mixed up two different releases in one set? I'd much prefer to have them all properly boxed, to be honest, but if that is the only way to get the toon Dinos, I'll bite the bullet and grab the cardbacks anyway.

Thanks in advance, guys!

Edit - Thanks so much, @Dutchy79.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dutchy79

Dutchy79 Well-Known Member

Different releases both MFT, second release were the blister packages

• Like Like x 2
  10. djtfmd

djtfmd Well-Known Member

that's actually how they were released - the first 3 came in boxes similar to the original gold versions, while the last 2 came out much later on cardbacks (as far as i know, Grimlock & Snarl toon versions were never actually released in boxes, and Swoop/Slag/Sludge never came on cardbacks - if i'm wrong, someone please let me know!)...

in addition, Snarl & Grimlock were mis-numbered for some reason - they were originally MF-24 & MF-25 (respectively) for the gold versions, but they were then (accidentally?) swapped to become MF-25N & MF-24N for the toon versions.

here are pics of the gold & yellow toon releases:

MFT Dinobots (gold).jpg MFT Dinobots (yellow).jpg

hope that helps! =)

• Like Like x 5
  11. Galdelico

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It helped massively, thank you!
    I much prefer the look of the 5 boxes from the toy color variants, but I can't help myself preferring the toon colored figures over the other ones. Hopefully, there's a way to unpack Grimlock and Snarl without butchering their cardbacks.

Also, speaking of those two guys, is it possible to remove their transparent chest plates, in order to apply the Autobot insignia underneath it, where it looks like it's supposed to go?

12. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Here is a guide for the chest on Grimlock:

Also, here is a guide for transforming Slag's legs. You'll thank me later for this (note: I didn't make the guide myself).

• Like Like x 6
  13. Galdelico

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm gonna say thank you right now! :D 

Super helpful, guys, thanks so much.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Max Tower

News Credits:
    They did release the cartoon Dinobots all on cards as well when they 1st came out a few retailers were selling them as a set - but in the main the box for the 1st 3 is what you get and as far as I know that (mysteriously hard to locate) blue chest animated swoop is boxed too.

I think the carded ones were designed for the wider asian markets to sell in supermarkets and such. I liked the animation colours ones more than I thought I would so much so that I still have not got around to completing the shiny set.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Galdelico

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ok, this got me a little confused. ^^;
    Correct me if I'm wrong, you're saying that a full set of carded toon Dinobots does actually exist, as well as a boxed, blue, non metallic Swoop? What I also get from this is that a boxed toon Grimlock never came out, am I right?

16. beyhnji

beyhnji Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] flywheel2.JPG flywheel1.JPG flywheel2.JPG flywheel1.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  17. djtfmd

djtfmd Well-Known Member

do you have any pictures of the 5 as a carded set, to show that they actually all exist?

i've seen some listings that showed the 5 yellow/toon versions all in boxes, but i believe those were either rendered or stock images from the manufacturer which didn't end up really existing in the wild - every seller i messaged asking about them replied that only the first 3 came in boxes while the last 2 only came on cardbacks...

also, did that blue Swoop toon version actually ever get released? i never saw that for sale anywhere! :eek: 

• Like Like x 1
  18. SunBlack

SunBlack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    @beyhnji where do you take those flywheel pics? On mech fans toys weibo there's nothing

19. Svarozhich

Svarozhich Well-Known Member

I saw Swoop, Slag and Sludge on a blister in cartoon colors in the shops of my city. Swoop with red chest

• Like Like x 1
  20. gundam8864

gundam8864 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Try Mechanic Toys on weibo, Mech Fans Toys is their KOs release account and Mechanic Toys is their original design release account.

• Like Like x 1