Mech Fans Toys upcoming figures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Dutchy79

Dutchy79 Well-Known Member

That was with HZJ last year.
    Sometimes he has it listed with out the mech suit

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dutchy79

My Skywarps arm broke but that was my own fault, put to much pressure on it when trying to bend it in to a position.
    Best thing about a bot that just cost 12 bucks, I replaced it.
    Hounds legs were a bit loose but that was fixed with nailpolish.
    I see that every brand has it's QC problems at times, I would rather face those problems with a 20 buck Bot compared to a 40/60 buck Bot.
    I also only just display them, change the pose every now and then and that is it, I do not play around with them or feel the need to transform them all the time :cool: 

• Like Like x 3
  3. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    that's the thing, MFTs saving grace and why i'm still picking up their figures is bang for the buck. they are significantly cheaper than figures from other 3p so i feel i can justify overlooking the lower durability plastic quality and less than ideal transformation tolerance.

but if they are going to continue to raise their prices to be in the range of say IF, MS and NA then i will have to reconsider and weigh my future purchases a little more critically, like in the case of astrotrain. really wanted the b&w MS-20B toy version but didn't think it should be $10 premium vs the MS-20 toon. would have liked to have picked it up for around $30 mark, but got in patient so snagged it for $36. i think astrotrain will be a significant influencing factor for me moving forward.

oh, and i've been contemplating picking up huge dragon aka omega supreme, along with the ms-11 upgrade head w/ mini os and doc. what are ppl's experience with that? it's either that or alternatively getting dx9 set of dinobots. it's one or the other, and not both at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dutchy79

I think the price has more to do with a lower production rate and wich store you buy them from.
    So far I am MFT and Legends + al the way in.
    I wanted to collect MST also when they started with showing of Soundwave & Megatron but I do not like the way they sell the figures, so that is a hard pass for me, will get some more mini bots of NA and MST but that is it.
    Quality is good with what I have here from MFT so no complaints from me and every KO I have has been better then the OG.
    Better face sculpts, more extra's and cheaper :D 

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

VS06 Sea Dragon (Highbrow) shipped last night in China. So should be rolling out everywhere shortly.

• Like Like x 8
  6. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Issue-Magnet Guy

Instagram:
    I don't know if this is the proper thread, but finally I figured out the meaning of the bunch of pieces that cames with MFT Transformers. I combined all in this... Diaclone? I don't know what is this, but it's freaking awesome.

diaclone3.jpg diaclone2.jpg diaclone1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 15
  7. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally got around to watching this. Thanks for posting!

Was never a big fan of this type of alt mode (looks too much like bot is just laying down with arms folded to the side), but the implementation here is great.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TFFan77

TFFan77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So just this second received my balance payment notice from ShowZ for Highbrow... this guy is clearly incoming!
    Probably get to me sometime in September....:rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 2
  9. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you have any bits you don't want I'm sure someone will take them off your hands. (I often do that) I don't mind having extra mini-mechs ; as I find them fun little things to play with in their own right.

• Like Like x 1
  10. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think his point is that he'd rather not have to pay for something that is simply extraneous to the Transformer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I know. But I'm gonna have to find someone who lives in Europe, because you'd be paying 30-something shipping for 20 usd worth of mechs otherwise.

• Like Like x 2
  12. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Hey man you really should go check out this thread, MFT has been doing Diaclone KOs for years now. They include bonus mechs with their TF figs (apparently that's ending though as more recent or soon-to-be out releases don't have them), but they've also been doing a whole separate line under "Lost Planet", "S.A.T.", and maybe some others I can't recall.

Diaclone Reboot KOs

• Like Like x 2
  13. GatoSamurai

GatoSamurai Well-Known Member

Me: I dont like toy children anymore, I only buy collectors figures like the Masterpiece.
    Me a month after discovering MFT: Chromedome, Hardhead and Astrotrain at home, highbrown just paid, Sixshot and Cup on their way and just deciding which Rodimus and Arcee should I buy on this scale...

Seriously this is insane, how a 3rd party can fill such hole in demand with lower prices and better quality than most Takara/Hasbro releases???

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  14. eliot

eliot Well-Known Member

Exactly. I don't buy hastak stuff, or expensive 3p anymore. Legends + is an ideal easily accessible, well priced, cartoon aesthetic product.

I did get siege prime and springer , but I think the rest of the movie characters will be completed by legends+.because they also look more accurate. Every hotrod hasbro has released the last few years has been shit. Mechfanstoys rodimus, although not perfect easily out does them. Happily skipping earthrise arcee without even seeing photos of mft's version.

For magnus, I went with papatoys, even though abit small he has more heft than mft's and doesn't look too small next to prime.

Also hopeful for mft to release blurr soon. But the takara titans return blurr is perfect mold. Will take some beating.

Why does anybody buy masterpiece anymore???

• Like Like x 2
  15. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    You can see 'em easier up on a shelf :D 

• Like Like x 5
  16. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Issue-Magnet Guy

Instagram:
    I sold all my MP bots, except TW Cosmos (lovely), TE01 Optimus (amazing) and IT01 Megatron (perfection). I want to sell or change the YesModel Starscream but nobody wants that figure :lol 

Legend+ has lots of good things: cartoon accurate, affordable, easy to clean, easy to move, easy to transform, they aren't perfect always but if you prefer small collections (talking about space on the shelf) are very recomendable. Where I had two MPs, now I have 25 legend+ figures (MFT, NA, Jinbao, MST and IronTrans).

I'm still waiting a new mold for Ratchet, Ironhide, Wheejack... or new molds for Devastator, Soundwave, Mirage, Sunstreaker and Tracks (where's Tracks??). Also I will be gratefull if they re-done MFT Seekers or OS KO from NA Seekers, like Jinbao just make with Agamenon.

Legend+ is a non-stop collection! they are always releasing cool stuffs over the year.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a mailing address in the UK and the US so either is fine.

18. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. TotalMackerel

TotalMackerel Well-Known Member

I assumed this head is for their MS21 Flame Walker.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought this was for their MS19 Flame Commander.