Mech Fans Toys upcoming figures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Don't care for them myself. I enjoy those little flying and tank drones, but I really don't need a bunch of non-transforming bots that are basically all the same.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Representative Quakeblast

Representative Quakeblast Well-Known Member

This is a really good point I never considered because by god I'm not starting another collection.

• Like Like x 2
  3. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Removal of the Diaclone stuff is good news to me. Prefer to save a few bucks for something that ends up in a parts bin. I'm a fan of HZJ, but I don't like feeling locked in to only buying from one seller, you know?

• Like Like x 2
  4. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

Ya know what I’m surprised MFT or somebody hasn’t done?

Knock off the old Iron Factory weapon/ shield packs that came with their first releases, like Sixgun & Slammer, Soundwave and Perceptor, and Blaster.

Also, just knocking off those figures in general would be nice, especially making alternate color variants of Six Gun.

Granted, I’d want them to be 1:1 and not Oversized. :D 

• Like Like x 5
  5. GatoSamurai

GatoSamurai Well-Known Member

Where can I buy him withouth the mechsuit? I was not interested on getting the Decepticons but at that price...

6. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

i am also surprised no one has knocked off the weapons packs as well.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

I preferred being able to sell the mech suits my self for $10-14. Significantly reduced the cost for me.

• Like Like x 3
  8. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    you don't have to wait 6 months. try first day, and 2nd one is maybe a month or so. :rolleyes: 

mft-sideswipe.jpg mft-shockwave.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. lilcarus

that is still so strange to see. i have a lot of MFT bots and i think they are the best made bots out there as far as fit, finish and plastics go. i would never expect there to be a breakage like that.

but on the plus side if there is one at least those are super easy fixes.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Representative Quakeblast

Representative Quakeblast Well-Known Member

Ebay seller hzj401 has MFT without boxes or bonuses, but their inventory fluctuates and you need to keep an eye out. Combined shipping is much cheaper, so put together a wishlist.

• Like Like x 3
  11. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    well i'll have to disagree with you… again. LoL you already know how MFT shockwave got broken. :rolleyes: 

Magic Square Toys Legends Size Soundwave

and here are my gripes about MFT sideswipe, which is the one that broke on the first day i received it and i think is the worst EVER figure i have for transformation tolerances. as well as for MFT grapple/inferno molds, which i just love except for the shoulder tab issue. it's earlier in the same thread, so maybe you missed it. but like i already said, retailer told me MFT plastic is too weak and could be made stronger if some nylon was added to the pure abs plastic used.

Magic Square Toys Legends Size Soundwave

• Like Like x 3
  12. lilcarus

yeah but it is hit or miss across all lines. over all i have had nothing but smooth sailing with MFT over the years. same as the rest of our rag tag little crew we have here. you have been like the only one i see that has really had problems and that is definitely a bummer.

their lambros were an iffy release and had nothing but complants. that was when it seemed likeMFT was trying to be like MS. the same could be said about the the fire engines bros.

but as far as the lines go i have plenty of MFT bots in my collection. like 2 or 3 years worth by now and they always feel like they are the best made bots out of them all. if there is something wrong with an existing bot MFR usually improves everything about that bot or mold if it gets bumped up.

IF would be number 2 and the rest are the rest.

• Like Like x 3
  13. TurtleCaps

TurtleCaps Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Have 42 MFT figures and never had any problems ever with breakage. Find them to be pretty sturdy and the only time I was worried was trying to get the back foot of slag into dino mode. But again, that's just my experience.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

I broke the arm on my Sideswipe the first time I was transforming him. That is the only problem I've had that comes to mind. I do think their plastic feels on the cheap side overall though.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

The leg on my friend's Sideswipe broke when I went to transform it, but he didn't know I was in his house so I put it back on his bed and left without him knowing I broke it. Problem solved easy

• Like Like x 2
  16. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    :eek: :rolleyes: :inquisiti :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  17. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

i'm very heavy handed in general. so when i encounter a tight joint or flaps that won't slide easily, i stop transforming then dab an amount of silicon oil on the offending part. so far i haven't broken any MFT.

yet. and i hope i don't break any or i hope they don't break mysteriously.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    One of the reasons I like magic square, any product where they can show a video throwing a figure, stepping on it and abusing it in many ways then showing it's still fine gets my business.

• Like Like x 5
  19. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN

News Credits:
    well i can only comment on the four MFT figures i have. but 2 out of 4 breaking isn't a good ratio. as well, there are significant bad design choices in all 4 figures, though technically it's really 3, as inferno and grapple are the same mold. still, that being said, with MFT sideswipe being my first MFT figure and first casualty didn't stop me from subsequently buying inferno and grapple, and then shockwave. but i am definitely more wary of how i handle MFT vs say Newage, which i have NO worries about. the tolerance on NA seems better and plastic seems more durable in being more forgiving.

but that hasn't stopped me from picking up more MFT figures. i should have hound in hand hopefully within the week, if not in the next few days, depending on when postman ever decides to drop it off. and i just ordered astrotrain and ultra magnus. hopefully my experience with MFT will improve with the new additions.

• Like Like x 2
  20. TurtleCaps

TurtleCaps Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Only bot i ever broke, in 4th grade Kornell Chang invited me to come check his new bots. His parents just got him all the dinobots which I always wanted, so I picked up grimlock and immediately busted his leg accidentally without him seeing. So I put it into his robot box and was like "hey let's go play baseball in the park" :lol  I wonder if he ever figured it out. Problem solved easy

• Like Like x 3