Mech Fans Toys upcoming figures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still not sure if all Black Sixshots come with an Optimus Gun or not.

Opinions seem to vary on this - I would like to know a place to buy from that seems to have the stock with the gun if possible.

---

Anyway speaking of the Larger MFT toys, I just finally caved and bought an MFT Overscale Ultra Magnus.
    That also raised some questions though - such as if there is 2 colour options - how do you tell them appart when ordering them - the one I got has red hips and is slightly darker blue than the Iron Factory original - but otherwise the same (only larger).

I was right though about him looking great with Sixshot, He looks nice with the Wei Jiang " Hulkie " Constructicons too.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Machine6812

Machine6812 Member

I'm new here.i have yet to buy a mechfans product . I really want the sixshot. What's everyone's opinion? Thanks for any input

• Like Like x 2
  3. kingmob75

kingmob75 Kreon

News Credits:
  4. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    201810030905011441-picsay.jpg
    MFT Sixshot is one of my favorite MFT figures. You can get him in toy or toon colors, and he's a great size to go with Legends scale, or the slightly larger Legends+. Unlike some of their more recent figures, MFT did not tinker with the original Iron Factory design, so while all of that great figure's strengths shine through, unfortunately its few shortcomings do too.

Ultimately the very small Iron Factory and larger MFT figures are the only choices you have for the character if you collect smaller scaled figures, but you really can't go wrong with either.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really?!?

Guess I won't bother swapping them out then...:( 

• Like Like x 1
  6. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    My Grimmy just arrived-- here's the easy way to get the transparent chest cover off:

Pull the head back, put the arms up, and spin the torso 180'

DSC_0531.jpg

Use some sort of plastic tool/spudger/shiv and dislodge it from the inside. It's not glued or tabbed on.

DSC_0532.jpg

Once you have it dislodged, you can pry it from the sides until...

DSC_0534.jpg

It comes off...

DSC_0535.jpg
    Ta-dah!

DSC_0536.jpg

Sadly, it's a nanometer too small for a perfect reprolabel symbol fit, but it's good enough for going behind a very slightly hazy bit of plastic.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 16
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Just out of curiosity, would it be feasible to fill the symbol well with something like Milliput to level it for a better reprolabel fit? or could that cause an issue getting the clear section back over it?

• Like Like x 3
  8. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    Yeah, it looks I’m gunna have to get some stickers, or maybe tiny water slide decals, too, even if I’m generally against it. Grimlock looks a little weird without something on his chest, though I would prefer teensy Lightning Strike Coalition emblems for the Dinobots. So, suggestions would be sweet! ^.^

I put an order in with ShowZ for Grimsy, and my first with HZJ for Sludge. So, the former should be in before the midterms, maybe, while the latter oughta be home for the holidays. And, sometime in between, I’ll order Swoop, at least, assuming I can find him. That’ll be enough for now, or maybe I will have to collect the rest before the year is out.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still waiting on my Grimlock. No updates since the 29th until today. It says it arrived at the regional distribution center in HANGZHOUSHI... on October 3rd. So yeah, that's weird. Hopefully it's well on it's way and will be hitting the states soon. Fuck speedpak.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seconded...

• Like Like x 7
  11. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would argue it's wider than the MS community man.... You don't think all the Dx9 fanboys are upset their war in pocket toys are getting KO'd? Then there's all the Papa toys fanboys and the Diaclone purists :lol 

I bought mine about 5 months ago and it came with the optimus gun. I think at this point he's cheapest on ebay (if you can't use taobao). Just message the seller before you place your order to confirm if the gun is packed in.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  12. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Still waiting on my latest package which includes Hot Rod... With the recent group shots of the movie bots coming together (Hot Rod, Kup, etc.) I was thinking today it would be cool if MFT took a stab at Unicron. Honestly it's impossible to make a Unicron that scales so I think I'd be just fine with one about the same size as Omega. Yes I know it's probably too "small" technically speaking, but from a "let's keep it deskbot sized" perspective that's about the max I prefer. Anyway, just some idle thoughts while waiting. Gonna go check the mail again, yep nothing, still somewhere over the ocean.

• Like Like x 3
  13. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    that would probably look pretty awesome and sitting flush would make it pop too

• Like Like x 3
  14. Razor24

News Credits:
    It's definitely feasible IMO. As long as you fill it flush to the symbol well it shouldn't cause any issues with the fit.

The harder part I think would be to match the gold

• Like Like x 2
  15. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All man you should have hit up Toydojo. They have the Dinobots for days and just about everything else. Whenever you are ready to pull the trigger on the rest of the gang check the site or give them a call. They will be getting more Slags when Grimlock arrives instock and that should be anyday now. They are amazing and that's who I am waiting to buy Grimlock from.

• Like Like x 1
  16. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I found that the larger than smallest of those free stickers they send with every order fits perfectly.
    I've got a third on that. It's so slow.

• Like Like x 5
  17. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    I knew GCI had some, but I just went with what I knew off hand.

The funny thing is, I (re)started my collecting with ToyDojo when I got IF’s Bruticus from TD in March, since they were the only domestic shop who had the whole crew in stock at that moment.

So, thank you! I’ll keep an eye on TD.

And, admittedly, it is kinda funny how MFT is creeping up in “reputable” (No or Few KO) eshops. Of course, I would’ve preferred that DX9 had also released toy colored Dinobots at Legends size, but here we are with some mini shiny chrome Dinos in the world, at least.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    The good thing about Milliput is you wouldn't need to, if you're careful enough you can clean off any overspill and just fill the centre space, then a symbol sticker wide enough to cover edge-to-edge would conceal it.

• Like Like x 3
  19. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been stalking the TF-tieba on Baidu and the hate for MFT there seems mostly from broken Sixshot knees and broken Sludges, plus the bad or lack of after sales service when they tried to get replacements for those.

It doesn't help that they are quite active on social media compared to your other 3PKO companies.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Razor24

News Credits:
    Ah see I was going with the clear symbol so the white would show through.

But yeah if you went with say a silver backed symbol no painting would be required :thumbs2: 

• Like Like x 2