Mech Fans Toys MS-19 Flame Commander

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Feb 3, 2019.

1. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

now that you've mentioned this, this seems to be a good option. PPT Hot Rod already has the size to pass off as Rodimus.

2. Mad Prime

Mad Prime Madness! This is Iacon!

News Credits:
    In the movie Rodimus Prime was taller than Hot Rod and if I remember correctly his color was a little bit darker. But aside from the carrier what is the difference between the PapaToys and MFT versions?

3. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

i personally can't say much at this point. MFT has only released a prototype picture. what i do know is that MFT is saying that this Flame Commander can be both Hot Rod, and Rodimus. how that will happen, we might have to wait.

4. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that's just referring to the alt mode.

5. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

so height will be as is in bot mode - no difference between Hot Rod, and Rodimus. i was sort of expecting that he'd be at least a little shorter in Hot Rod mode, then taller in Rodimus mode...i dunno' maybe by hiding / folding at least the longer Rodimus thighs in Hot Rod mode - like how TW Wheeljack can be cheated to reduce his height, and be as short as the NA Datsuns.

6. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Based on the prototype to me he has a closer resemblance to Rodimus than Hot Rod. The PapaToys proportions fit with a Hot Rod figure. This one looks a bit more bulky, so while his stand alone figure alt mode is that of Hot Rod, the bot mode is all Rodimus Prime. Ideally I think you'd want the PPT as your HR and this one as your RP.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Speaking for myself, I’m not a fan of trying to make figures be both hr and Rodimus. I can’t think of a figure where they’ve done it without having to compromise something. And weirdly, though Rodimus is my favourite character, I’ve no attachment to hot rod.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I actually prefer Hot Rod but otherwise I agree - Rodimus is supposed to be significantly larger than Hot Rod. A figure can't properly be both unless it magically shrinks somehow. But given how MFT does scale on their smaller bots, a Hot Rod from them would be useless to me so I'll get Flame Commander as my Rodimus and I'll get Hot Rod when NA or MS make him.

• Like Like x 2
  9. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    they would be pretty small but they could add separate heads/faces.

10. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Obviously he's a Legends+ Hotrod and a Legends Rodimus Prime.

11. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

I can live with Astrotrain and Cyclonus both being significantly larger than the "average" Decepticon so I'm currently using a Henkei Astrotrain and a Universe Cyclonus in my Legends display. I actually sold off my MFT Cyclonaus because it wasn't G1 enough.

I'll replace them if something even more G1 comes along - for eg the upcoming MFT Astrotrain, which looks pretty amazing in train and shuttle modes. Just waiting on the bot mode pics.

12. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:

It is possible the shine folds round and makes him shorter, this is the best picture of the shin(piece below the knee).

Possible but perhaps unlikely it does or it might be pictured already.

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  13. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

01.png

• Like Like x 4
  14. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    Does anybody know the ETA on this?

• Like Like x 1
  15. SuperDaddyo

SuperDaddyo Well-Known Member

You know, I was thinking that the shins collapsing would be a likely possibility to shorten him up from Rodimus to Hot Rod too from those pics when they were on the original post. I’d love for him to have that option. A swappable “young” face would be nice too.

• Like Like x 5
  16. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    It's a cool idea, I'm just not seeing it though.

The section below his barrel knee, and above his shin guard, is pinned towards the rear, implying that it folds back at the pin, towards the wheel on the back of the leg. Looks like a double-jointed elbow setup, maybe only due to transformation?

The pins on the sides of the top half of the shin guard, and the hinge on the outside, back edge of the shin guard, imply that the back of the leg (with the wheel on it) opens like a door, and the lower leg accordions into the shin guard for the alt modes.

I cannot figure out where those middle set of Rodimus wheels disappear to, though. I'm very curious about how they've done that.

This guy looks like a real awesome piece of engineering. Small scale third parties like Magic Square and New Age have really been rocking and refining a lot of the parts-management techniques that look to be at play in this figure. I don't think we've seen this kind of stuff from an original MFT figure yet, have we?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Yes, it is more wishful thinking than anything. The space and possibility exists(is tantalisingly there but maybe not) Maybe it can accordion down. Not sure i will end up owning this toy but possible if hedoesnt i'd look at a way of moding him.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SuperDaddyo

SuperDaddyo Well-Known Member

Perhaps it is not exactly a miracle of engineering but I really like the build quality on their Hound. His design is compact, largely show accurate and it has a more solid feel than their Sideswipe. Swipe definitely had the swagger look down pat, but he had an overall fragility that did not jive with everything else. In that way I see their original designs improving upon one another as they progress. I’m looking forward to great things from their Hot Rod and Astrotrain designs.

*had to edit for grammar (curse you autocorrect!)

• Like Like x 4
  19. UltraMagnusLRLL

UltraMagnusLRLL Well-Known Member

Wow very VERY cool. I second @REMINATOR 's sentiments: EXACTLY what I am looking for in a Legends Rodimus. I only wish it was the smaller(War in Pocket/Iron Factory) legends scale, but this will do, regardless. I just don't know where the money is going to come from for all of these amazing figures!

20. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    006y839mly1g7qk3b28y8j30mg0ukwww.jpg 006y839mly1g7qk3avazej30mg0uk19t.jpg 006y839mly1g7qk3aozzyj30mg0ukne5.jpg 006y839mly1g7qk3bch7uj30mg0ukkah.jpg 006y839mly1g7qk3b0khuj30mg0ukh3g.jpg 006y839mly1g7qk3bekzrj30mg0ukqlr.jpg 006y839mly1g7qk3cd6tzj30mg0ukdvu.jpg 006y839mly1g7qk3c1avlj30mg0ukndz.jpg 006y839mly1g7qk3ana5sj30mg0ukdwb.jpg
    微博 edit: they say 12 cm height in the comments.

He looks awesome!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 45
    • News Credit News Credit x 1