Mech Fans Toys MS-19 Flame Commander

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Feb 3, 2019.

1. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

so i got this because i thought he would be amazing. but the lack of ankle tilt is kind of fudged for me. this bot is back heavy and the legs are super small and without great ankles standing up is kind of iffy. i am also not a fan of the head size on these newer bots. it just seems out of wack with the body.

but besides that everything about the build of this bot is great. simply one of their best releases to date. but i think he might be a little too tall for my collection again.

i have been having size issues as of late just check my MFT mags issue. if they would have made him 11cm he would have been perfect. also, it is not really the height but the fact that he has such a larger head. he doesnt fit well with the bots that came before him. 20191207_075037.jpg 20191207_075142.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 13
  2. SuperDaddyo

SuperDaddyo Well-Known Member

That is so cool. Let me again state my jealousy that you get to just PHYSICALLY GO THERE @lilcarus :) 

He looks great with the MFT Magnus especially. These comparison shots with the rest of the movie crew are super helpful to see, thanks @lilcarus ! These shots make me wish I had gone ahead and ordered a MFT Galvatron from hzj earlier when I picked up Rod....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for your thoughts/pics! Am I right in thinking that he does have both ankle tilt and forward/back - it’s just that there isn’t a great range of motion? And how is his shoulder articulation? I imagine the ‘pylons’ make it pretty restricted, but wondered about your thoughts/impressions?

4. lilcarus

he doesnt have an ankle at all but just a simple claw rocker. they try and get around it with the articulated toe and heel. but his heels arent large enough to pull that off. it works i guess but it is not what i want out of this little bot. one small change and the feet could have been perfect. 20191208_094209.jpg 20191208_094143.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Grouch

Grouch Stranger in a Strange Land

Poor Springer and his damn pin head.

6. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks! I’m torn, neither this or the papa toys are perfect, but I’m a big Rodimus fan and I don’t imagine we’ll see another legends one soon. The papa toys looks to have the edge articulation and looks wise, but I’d have to fudge it for him to be Rodimus as opposed to hot rod. Hmm!

• Like Like x 2
  7. bbanzai123

bbanzai123 Well-Known Member

I just made my first ever trip to Toy Dojo this past Saturday! The store was great, the guys were cool and I bought my MS-19 toy there. I am in love with this thing and have got to start adding more mech fans toys to my collection. These little guys are so cool!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'm defo getting this as Rodimus Prime. If, and it's a big if, I do want a Hot Rod it would have to be Papa toys for me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lilcarus

well the plus side is that there will be a rodimus from IF at some point in future. he was such a huge character in IDW that it is inevitable that he will get a fig.

now if we are talking accurate movie fig release that would be left to MS toys at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

I don't think there is anyway to tell what IF will do. They seem to do whatever they feel like from moment to moment. There are a lot of heavy hitters they have not done (Wreckers) and plenty of obscure characters they have decided to make.

They went with Bruticus before Devistator, non-traditional dinobots, runamuck/runabout, and Beast Wars etc.. They really don't seem to beeline to the nobrainers. Heck they don't even have an earth mode prime. Prime prints money and they have chosen not to do him yet. I hope they do everything eventually for those that collect them, but when/if they get to a specific figure is pretty hard to gage.

11. ToyDojo

ToyDojo Sensei

News Credits:
    Aw you guys are making us blush :p 

• Like Like x 6
  12. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

ya'll got any more of that spacebridge so we can go there as well?

13. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Got mine today, repainting now.(Lucked out and it arrived on a rare day off) but its bit large for my collection. I think I may stick with the Papa toys one and use this in a different display. Papa toys has superior arm possablity as well. Though this one beats it in accuracy, better head sculpt, and the matrix chamber is great, if it was the size and colors of the Papa toys version it'd be near perfect for my collection.

May have pics of the primary repaint later tonight

Update
    Okay here is what I have so far.
    Have to get up at 5am for work tomorrow so going to bed soon
    Hopefully more pics tomorrow
    rodimus.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  14. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got one on a whim and, sad to say, he's mediocre. Lateral shoulder movement is very limited, the way the arms tab onto the clear windshield is most worrisome, the ankle design is terrible and the rear wheels for car mode are ridiculously out of alignment with the front ones.

I'll give them this though, the targetmaster is well done.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

Here ya go friends!

• Like Like x 6
  16. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

@Tef the grey shin pads are used if you want Hot Rod / Rodimus to be toon accurate, while the bare orange shin if you want Hot Rod / Rodimus to be toy accurate. I have checked the movie to see how Hot Rod looked, and he already had the grey shin pads when he was fishing with Daniel. now, the small spoiler is for that Dianaut drone / minibot.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

I'll have to re-check that, I was pretty certain about the change of color but... eh... been a while haha

• Like Like x 1
  18. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    That’s more of a hoof, lol. I literally thought that was a legends rampage I hadn’t heard about!

[​IMG]

19. Kimosabi

Kimosabi Well-Known Member

That is awesome. How do you get them so fast? I pre-ordered mine and i am still waiting for it. (I'm From Toronto too!)

20. Tef

Tef Well-Known Member

Depends of the places you order... he's been out for several weeks before I had it ship to me... Robotoybase usually gets the stuff first... BBTS gets the stuff LAST and I mean LAST of all the stores on the internet...

• Like Like x 1