So... while being stuck at home, I've decided to make a bit of scenery/display setup for my Legends-size minibots. Here's what I came up with: As you can see it's very very... purple, lol. I taken inspiration from the scenes on Cybertron back on G1, back when the planet was nearly dead and everything was grey, blue and purple. But I didn't have much good blu colors, so it ended up looking mostly black and purple, which still looks quite alright to me. The structures are miniature MDF terrain, the kind of stuff used for games like Warhammer40k: The regular 'bots are slightly oversized for terrain of this scale, but I've assembled it all in a matter to make it both decorative and to leave room for as many characters as I could fit on it (you'll notice that even with about 15 'bots on it, there's still a ton of room to fill) the MDF is also easy to drill through, so when I get some flying robots I should be able to make holes where to plug flight stands arms, if I so choose. I used a pair of different kits, and custom-assembled them to fit in my shelf-space the best they could. They're very easy to assemble, you just need some strong glue... would recomment gel super-glue or Mod-podge... I didn't have either, and had to use regular white glue, wich made things a bit messier during the early stages of painting, since it reactivates when wet, but after the main basecoat, things staid pretty much still for good. Also it's not necessary, but I'd recomment using some medium-grit sandpaper to get rid of themost glaring nubs you're going to get when punching out the pieces from the MDF sheets. For the painting, I did a mix of handpaint and various sprays, with an initial basecoat of black paint mixed with wood glue to strenghten everything. Also, I didn't glue everything togheter, but made 4 sub-structures, to make my life easier both during painting and when I'll be dusting the thing. Here's a spare piece before painting, to show the difference. I've tried to keep the paint-job simple, to not take attention away from the figures, but also put a lots of color variation in it. Also passed into all the panel-lines with a fine-tip inkpen, for extra detailing. They were kinda visible even without, but I liked it better after I did that. Now for a few closeups! =D Overall, I'm very happy with how this turned out. Might get a background and a matt from Toyhacks to further enhance it, but even as is... not too shabby, if I can say so myself. I'm doing primarily the NewAge 'bots that are slightly smaller, and for them it looks really good. You probably have noticed Dx9 Soundwave and Grimlock there too. For now the Decepticons are at a disatvantage... but of all the stuff NA put out, I've got all the Autobots I wanted, so now I'm going to be working on even the numbers haha. And yes, the tallest platform right in the middle is where I'll be putting Optimus and Megatron when I get them, DUH!