MCM London Studio Series reveals

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by JaY88, Oct 28, 2018.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. He transforms a bit similarly to CW Scavenger, actually - similar legs, but the feet are at the end of the legs, the chest halves are bent up to form the top of the excavator, and the arms are made of the rear of the vehicle with the shovel ending up on his back.
    Now that I can see the clear CGI pics, I am also a fan of his head design, love the "railing" like parts on the helmet.
    Yeah, I have to wonder, in the era where most phones have better cameras than actual cameras, why are these so low res and blurry?

I hope they make him transform like the Legends toy... the reason I sold my Voyager Demolishor was because he was simply, impossible to stand and looked really wonky with those circular "wheels" that were rubbery and collapsed immediately. I generally don't like cheating transformations, but it is kinda needed here. Unless they make the treads from a lot of smaller pieces that can be snapped into a circle that actually is strong enough to keep a Leader toy on top, I can only see them rather hiding the big wheels inside the excavator body instead.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was inspired to re-watch Revenge of the Fallen after all of the reveals this past weekend and I'm glad I did. That movie gets way more flack than it deserves. But anyway...

These latest reveals showcase perfectly why Studio Series is such a great thing, especially for we collectors not willing to pay $99 or more per figure to have 3rd party take a whack at these designs. No slight meant to 3P, but I simply can't afford to buy much of their product anymore. Granted, they don't do much movie design stuff anyway (or haven't thus far), but I can only buy so many Optimus Prime's, Kup's and Seekers before some fresh take slides into precedence... enter movieverse. And you say I can buy it without having to allot $99 x3 per month? I'm sold.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually agree. Compared to TLK, it's Citizen Kane. Also, there are so many memorable scenes from it. Prime skydiving, the forest fight, finding Jetfire, Devastator combining, etc...

• Like Like x 5
  4. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm, checking Jetfire... I am wondering if he could be remolded into this guy? He also had a cane, and seems to be based on Jetfire's model in part.
    Lieutenant

Nah, Last Knight actually has a plot, as convoluted as it is, which you can follow. Things might be hectic but there is logic to why they are happening. Not "oh they need to be in Egypt, so have Jetfire teleport there randomly!" You know from the start what Megatron and Optimus are after, how Cade gets involved... Heck, he actually WANTS to be involved, because if you meet alien robots the normal thing is not going back to school like nothing happened. Plus, well, Mark Wahlberg and Antony Hopkins are far, far faaaaar more preferable to watching Shia The Beef's whining "Nonononono", that idiot fratboy's antics, or Megan Fox's blank stares. Also, no American Pie humor with humping dogs, humping Wheelie, Devastator's balls, illiterate annoying twins, midget border guards, or John Turturro's underwear. I only saw that scene once, but it is burned into my memory, sadly. :(  The movies 1 to 3 are to me the worst of the bunch. I only started caring about them after Shia left. Though I did enjoy 4 more than 5, I am OK with them both. They are not great or super rewatchable movies, but they are OK Transformers flicks, at least as good as we could get from Bay. RotF is easily the worst of the Bay movies, since it was made in the middle of the scriptwriter strike, and while Bay never confirmed it, it is quite obvious that there was only a rough draft of the script by Orci and Kurtzmann that Bay himself bashed together into... something... that he used for the shooting so he did not have to wait for the strike to finish.
    Not surprising, considering how the movies themselves re-used character models with slight or no modifications. :D  After all, we had a blue and a tan Brawl in DotM, a yellow Long Haul as well, Onslaught is a modified Long Haul, and so is Canopy, Daytrader is a modified Hound, Dreadbot is a modified Crowbar with a new alt mode, and Berserker is Crankcase with new colors. And that's just a few...I am sure there are more I am forgetting.

There was nothing "charming" about Voyager Mixmaster, aka the most incredibly complex TF EVER made. I am a guy who can transform Masterpieces - including the first Megatron - without checking the instructions - but Mixmaster took me 20-30 minutes WITH instructions each time, and even then I wasn't sure I got it all right, especially his weird feet.
    I sold mine - the G1 colored derp-faced one - to some mom who bought it for her kid, and I feel bad about that poor kid to this day, even though I printed his instructions and warned her that this a VERY complex toy... More like a Hellraiser torture puzzle cube than a toy, really. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    1) Everything in this display looks mistransformed.
    2) One lousy picture of Bonecrusher?
    3) I don't like the blue on Prime's legs. It looks slapped on. I see some part-swapping in my future.
    4) Long Haul looks amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Nothing special about me

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Okay, thanks for pointing out negatives of this amazing day.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Bonecrusher was revealed at the Paris comic con, you'll find more pics of him in the coverage for that show.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Besides dino and Hightower, they basically revealed all of 2019. Just thinking with that, we don't need to look forward to toy fair except for Hightower, dino and the mystery voyager and leader.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    There is a literal war happening in my head right now between the responsible “adult” who knows I do not have the funds for a studio series devastator, let alone two sets, and the child in awe that this thing even exists...

• Like Like x 13
  10. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dino
    Hightower
    Drift v2
    Optimus v3
    6th voyager
    3rd leader

But yes we know roughly 90% of 2019 releases

• Like Like x 3
  11. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Look up fast action battlers, optimus prime and ratchet, these constructicons remind me of those

• Like Like x 2
  12. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Mmm let me see

1=Long Haul (right leg)
    2=Rampage (Left Leg)
    3=Scrapmetal (Left Hand)
    4=Scrapper (Right Arm)
    5=Hightower (Left arm)
    6=Overlord (torso)
    7=Mixmaster (Head)
    8= Demolishor/Scavenger (Torso)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    That is basically all to look forward to at toy fair in February. SDCC hasn't been that much exciting for movie reveals, but Hascon next year hopefully will have more for 2020 and more devastator.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Optimistic Prime

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You skipped 6

• Like Like x 4
  15. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    oh shit, true.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Does that mean you have room for overload now? Because I want to make him my constructicon leader.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Optimistic Prime

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So there is a possibility of overlord :D 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, pretty much. (And honestly, Demolishor won't be big enough to handle the whole torso by itself)

• Like Like x 4
  19. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Precisely.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Optimistic Prime

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Can you believe that yesterday, this thread was going crazy? Now look at it... Ah the memories

• Like Like x 9