MCM London Studio Series reveals

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by JaY88, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    CONSTRUCTICON LONG HAUL combines with 7 of his CONSTRUCTICON comrades to form the brutal DEVASTATOR combiner.

I think it means he combines with 7 other dudes.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    That one is a bit misleading anyway so it’s understandable.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the one thing I'm annoyed by... the fact that we'll have to wait for 2 whole years to be able to assemble the whole set. I'm not one that deals well with delayed gratification. I'd rather they just throw out the whole thing in an expensive box set. If I'm going to be spending that amount anyway over the next few years, I'd rather do it quick, like ripping off a band aid.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You just know at the end of it all Hasbro will release a box set with premium deco and a yellow Rampage....

I really prefer buying them one at a time, but I can understand people wanting the entire thing over and done with, with just one set.

• Like Like x 5
  5. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    now that im at home i can honestly say WTF, OMG WTH, i know they have to make sacrafises to make the limbs but wow just wow Scrapmetal looks like a bloody Fast action battler from the first movie, he looks like something from a playskool line.

God devastator better be something awsome to make up for the scarafises made in both modes of all the constructacons

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pepperonimus

Pepperonimus Casual Fan

News Credits:
    Hi OS KO man :p 

Jokes aside, I do agree with you on Skids & Mudflap. I like the twins even if they're the most hated characters in Bayformers.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh? To me, he looks to be the most complex out of all of them.

• Like Like x 3
  8. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Some 3rd party releases one member per year.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    to be fair the fast action battlers were not the worst toys out there, but its just not going to fit in that well with my other constructacons it bugs me so much because ive been waiting years for them to do this

• Like Like x 1
  10. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The twins would’ve been great characters if Michael Bay didn’t turn them into cringeworthy racist stereotypes

• Like Like x 2
  11. Pepperonimus

Pepperonimus Casual Fan

News Credits:
    Agreed, I understand that they're just comic character. The problem is, Michael Bay's humor always revolved around toilet jokes, racial stereotypes, or sexual innuendos.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

I’m not digging Prime/Fire. Jetfire’s parts should have been armor attachments that made Prime bigger, and not just a backpack. Plus seeing Primes feet turned upwards doesn’t sit well. Hopefully he’s mistransformed.

• Like Like x 6
  13. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Artist with a Temper

News Credits:
    What? He really doesn't. None of the Constructicons look off.

• Like Like x 6
  14. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    I saw them, but it didn't click what they were a reference to. Nice spot!

• Like Like x 2
  15. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    Does Rampage give anyone else a weird sort of 1 step changer vibe?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    And the fandom always does THIS. Thanks for only mentioning the two things that you're not happy with, and nothing else.
    I thought that at first too, but I've decided that I'll have to wait for the movie to decide if the mask face is used enough. My guess is they'll pull a lockdown/shadow raider and give us her jet mode with the regular head. Then I'll have an excuse to buy both :( 
    You forgot your sarcasm marker.
    Wow you're always just asking about the next thing. Over and over again...
    Yeah I actually do hope that combiners are redone with Travis Knight. I do NOT want a super G1-inspired thing like some of his cybertron things, but I do want combiners that make a little more sense. Even the scrapped Arcee triplet idea was a good IDEA (even if the concept art sucked ass and the toys half-assed the idea) that wasn't executed.
    YES that would suck! I'm already bummed that Dropkick isn't a car right off the bat, but the fact that Shatter looks SO GOOD is making me forget a little. I hope Shatter gets released sooner rather than later!
    That's an awesome detail! I hadn't noticed! Man talk about taking one little moment from the movie and really running with it. I'm a happy camper. It makes me wish that leader Megatron was coming with a little doctor bot instead of Igor. That would have been a cool bonus!

• Like Like x 5
  17. Hooper_X

Hooper_X pro wrestling, anti fascism

No interest in the Constructicons, but I\'m glad everyone will get another shot at the Cogman mold, and with SS-level paint deco.  I managed to pick one up a while back and he\'s a fun toy that uses the Titan Master gimmick pretty well.  The painted car mode is really really nice looking.

Also love everything about Shatter - the choice of altmode, the general design (as nonsensical as an exposed engine on what looks like a dune rally racer would be)...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

The last time I checked the twins were green and orange. Yes, Skids had a gold tooth and they both couldnt read, but that doesn't prove they are meant to be any particular race. The allegations of the twins being racist are soooooo middle America. Come down to Miami and you will see plenty of white and Latino people with gold teeth and yes, many of them arent very educated. Its not a race thing, its a street thing. I personally loved the twins. They were funny as hell. Just my opinion here, but I think people these days are quick to condemn any little thing as being racist just to make themselves look righteous for show. They wont confront a real racist in person. They will just criticize halloween costumes, MLB logos, hip hop fads from the safety of the internet. Not trying to disrespect anyone here, but I had to get that off my chest.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    She's a muscle car. She has a roll cage to look cool.
    I completely agree. "Racist" is just a shorthand for "I'm offended by this and don't like it". I still don't like them very much but racist is not the right term. Especially since if you really want to get into it one of the actors was white and one was black...

• Like Like x 4
  20. opoptimus

opoptimus SUN WUKONG, not Son Goku.

News Credits:
    I'm not the biggest Movieverse fan and certainly can't say I'm particularly fond of the Movie Devastator design. But I'd be damned if this isn't an amazing feat of engineering. The structural integrity required just to hold this thing together and have modern articulation (hopefully) and balanced, AND have the components transform individually. From the three revealed so far, I see no obvious compromises for the sake of combining; and that's really something for figures based on movie designs. So you can really pick and choose the ones you wanna get and not worry about Devastator if you just want to collect some of the individual components.

But yeah that's some serious balls on HasTak's part to make this thing happen, at retail prices(admittedly higher SS retail prices but still). Very ambitious. Goes to show TakTom's confidence in their design capacity. I'm truly happy for those movie fans that have been waiting for a proper combining Devastator to happen; and as a bit of design nerd myself, I'd surely be getting all of these just to appreciate the design. No seriously this project might have been the most complicated Transformer design to date in toy form if you really think about it...A goddamn movieverse combiner...

And my money will be my thanks to HasTak for making such an ambitious project a reality. To steal a line that I hear more and more often in recent years, “what an amazing time to be a Transformer collector!”

• Like Like x 9