Maybe, this IS the perfect time for Animated to end...

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Jetcols, May 19, 2009.

1. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    Like many of you I was terribly upset about Animated ended and wondered how it was cut short, but the more I look at it I'm thinking this is the perfect time for it to end. each Season has had Megatron have increasingly evil plans and after Endgame part one it seems Optimus has had enough. The flashbacks showed how the crew finally came together. All the characters have been developed and its time for them to finish megatron once and for all!

Any further Seasons might cause Megatron to suffer from villain decay.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed.

I mean we basically went like this:
    S1- I WANT THE ALLSPARK
    S2- I WANT THE SPACE BRIDGE
    S3- I WANT THE OMEGA SUPREME

What next would Megatron want? I WANT THE OVERPOWER NINJABOT TECHNIQUES?

3. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    S4 - I want Cybertron

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    The eradication of all Humanity ala Omnius style?

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sari. I'm convinced that's where they would have headed with a Season 4. Megatron will probably discover Sari's powers in this season's finale. Plus, beyond the "I WANT THE..." theme and showing Sari's full potential, it would up the stakes by having him after an actual member of the Autobot team instead of ignoring them for the most part in search of bigger goals. I think it would be cool if Sari was captured for a few episodes and had to fend by herself in Decepticon headquarters or whatever without the Autobots' help-- or worse, if she was completely incapacitated/held down and couldn't do anything as Shockwave or whoever experimented on/dissected & examined her.

6. Bocc Kob

Bocc Kob Prowl Jam!

Naturally, Shockwave would kill him off and take over the Decepticons.

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    He would've gotten away if it wasn't for those meddling Autobots and their pet fleshings.

Seriously, other Megatrons had bigger plans than him. Controlling Omega is similar to how his RID counterpart wanted to control Fortress Maximus.

The last cartoon Megatron/Galvatron wanted to revamp the WHOLE UNIVERSE not just Cybertron and he didn't even care if his troops survived or not.

Also, look at where he's focusing this grand plan on: Earth instead of Cybertron which was his real goal. That's why if Animated continued, Megs would need to sit out for a while to regain his grand villainy.Let Shockwave, Strika, or even Lugnut be in charge of the Decepticons for a while. But then, he hasn't done much himself. Has he?

He's like how Green Goblin sees Lex Luthor as in this video.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  8. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:

Hes always wanted Cybertron! Thats what the space bridge/allspark/Omega Supreme were for!

After this defeat, I think the Autobots will just know they can beat Megatron easily.

9. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Then that will make him retreat like his G1 counterpart.

One thing that struck me was how he was so manipiulative with little things here and there yet failed big time at the end of each season. He is Megatron. I expect a Megatron to do something that blows my mind. Instead his troops do a better job than him especially Shockwave.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Okay, the space bridge scenario was caused by Megatron (Bulkhead actually was trying to keep the bridge running in a sense but Megs just went and did all the wrong things.), but how was he supposed to know that the key would blow up the Allspark the first time?

11. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    I do think this is a great time to finish up Animated. I mean we got Revenge coming in a month and its toyline.I don't know what they do next and 42 is a good run.

12. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    No... 55 episodes are a good run. A show of this calibre should have at least 50, if not 100, episodes to it.

13. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Well... as much as I'm upset it's ending, I'll have to see the finale before I have an opinion on what I'd want in another season, or what Mr. Isenberg could have possibly come up with!

14. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    What Vexza said.

15. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

I WOULD agree, except for ONE loose end that I don't feel is tied up satisfactorily.

Blackarachnia.
    Return her to being Elita-One (my prefered ending), have her come to terms with what she is and accept it, have her resign herself to a miserable eternity wandering the cosmos, hell, KILL her if nothing else, but wrap that story up.

Everythign else I think can be left as it is, if this were the series end, but the BA story has had too much put into it to end it with her just lying around in the jungle and no closure.

16. RodimusPrimus

RodimusPrimus Transform!! Combine!!

Kinda funny that Animated ends one week before the arrival of the ROTF toyline, don'tcha think?

17. GrimlockMinor

GrimlockMinor Dinobot

News Credits:
    well...maybe just maybe this is when megatron wins...

18. aurex

aurex NERD ALERT

Here's the thing: Megatron's villainy isn't just that he's really tough to beat... it's that he's persistent. He keeps coming back, no matter how many times his plans are foiled. So I don't think he's gonna let a little thing like getting the Omega Supremes yanked out from under him stop him.

19. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

If the Animated story was to just end, that would be lousy. If it was to continue however, Season 4 could be about how the Autobots rebel against him and ultimately win. The atmosphere would be a lot like Beast Machines in that sense though.

20. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

I don't mind it ending,(as long as the finale is awesome), but Animated is literally a series where the potential to continue could fill a dozen seasons. Megatron is getting old, especially since his grand plans keep going nowhere, but the Animated Universe offers us the chance, perhaps for the first time, to throw Galvatron in without upgrading Megatron at all. With multiple Primes running around, why not have multiple Trons as well? They could have the same annoying relationship that Optimus and Sentinel have - only with evilness.

You could also turn Sentinel to the dark side. The guy is already on red button push away from blowing up innocent beings for the hell of it; he'd make an awesome Nemesis Prime.

Optimus Magnus. Ratchet Prime? Animated Devastator. Sari = Primus reincarnated? If Animated ends and never comes back, it won't be for lack of options. This Universe, more than any in previous incarnations, is LIMITLESS.