Mattel Jurassic World 2

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Ra88, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Forgot The Lost World Cyclops Raptor, the one Gymnastics Girl kicked through the window who had a damaged eye. But yeah, I can see where it would go insane if that were the case, honestly though I wouldn't say no to half of these, as long as they don't start tossing in BAF Larger Dinos in Six Inch Scale like Trikes, Stegos, Spino, Rex and TLW Rex Family.

Fallen Kingdom would also receive six inch figures of Owen, Claire, Maisie, Tech Scream Guy, Teeth Claiming Jerkwad, Lockwood, Lockwood's evil assistant, Arnim Zola Auctioneer and generic mercinaries. Oh and Paleoveterinarian chick.

If Mattel went bat shit crazy for a Jurassic Six Inch Line I wouldn't mind seeing Carter come with his Motorcycle, Eddie with his High Hide and maybe Billy with the Hang Glider.

Ahem, I digress however, so far we've got Blue, Own and Ian, that's good enough for me. Plus I think I'll nab the IndoRaptor since it seems to be in close to six inch scale.

2. Constructor

Constructor Behold my true form!

Does anybody know when the slime sets are supposed to come out? I want the dimorphodon set for two things:
    1: I've always been a sucker for the dimorphodon. They're just so cute when they're, you know, not looking like pterodactyls with Idominus Rex heads.
    2: The slime genetics tube would be great for a Shockwave's lab playset that I'd like to build.
    Also, forgive me if they're already out. I don't keep up with Jurassic park toys as much as I do Transformers.

3. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

They’re not out in the US at least. I think it’s another month or so before we see them show up in stores, and they should still be open for preorder on Amazon. The small sets aren’t going to be hard to find as it’s yet more repacks of wave 1 Attack Pack Velociraptor and Dimorphodon.

4. JustCruisinChallenger

JustCruisinChallenger Active Member

Hello everyone, new member here. I signed up to pretty much discuss the Mattel JW line up lol.

I have a lot of them lol... I’m out of town training right now but when I get home I’ll try to take a pic of my collection.

I read through the first dozen or so pages of this thread and I saw a few members mention that there is an Indominus remake down the pipe. Can anyone confirm how true this is? Thank you

I went to Walmart and target today lol. I bought all of the ones pictured except the Allosaurus which I brought with me because I am a man child LOL

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  5. JustCruisinChallenger

I know this post is a little old but I have been up and down scouting targets and I have yet to see a spino. Did you get her online? She’s way bigger than I expected, I thought she would be more in line with the legacy rex. I have the legacy and the colossal.... looks like I might need to buy the thrash and throw or just keep my green JP2 T. rex to play the mid size role lol

Sorry had to delete the pic URL since I’m new member and the board won’t let me post links yet.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I finally was able to secure the last two Roarivores from the second wave, I was able to preorder the Ceratosaurus today and yesterday and the Ankylosaurus from Amazon at 15 dollars; gotta love finding a way around Mattel's piss poor distribution that makes Hasbro's look like childs play :rock 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    No problem! I did get her online from Smyth's Toys - I'm in the UK though, so your mileage is gonna vary hunting in the States.

On a realistic basis, the Spino fits better with the legacy Rex, since Spinosaurus was estimated to be the largest of the theropods. If you want Rexy & Spino to be the same size though, the Thrash n' Throw is perfect (I love the gimmick with that Rex too)!

• Like Like x 1
  8. JustCruisinChallenger

Ahh yes I see them on ebay from Smyths, but with a hefty price tag including shipping. Well, looks like ill be using just about any excuse to go to Target lol. Im glad you guys got the “legacy” line since i saw some members concerned about being able to buy the legacy models.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Goldlock

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's not worth forking out for international shipping; the Spino is bound to start popping up anytime now SDCC is over! Thanks, we were scared the line wouldn't make it over, but were pleasantly surprised...except we haven't got any of the human legacy figures for some reason?!

• Like Like x 1
  10. JustCruisinChallenger

I just noticed the six inch figures so I’m not sure how happy I am about buying the smaller figures and jeep. Back in the 90s the figures were six inch and had appropriately scaled vehicles. I’m thinking that maybe Mattel didn’t realize how popular these would become and are now trying to venture into the bigger scale?

11. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Kenner Jurassic Park was definitely not six-inch. It was, what, five? It was a scale common to Kenner action figures at the time, a nice balance between the six-inch stuff and 3.75”.

12. JustCruisinChallenger

I remember them being larger than the current offerings but I might be wrong on the exact scale...

13. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Made my 1st JW purchase

4-LOM_Jurassic World_Blue_DSCN3566.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. JustCruisinChallenger

Soooo my display area sucks at the moment, we are in the process of moving and have family staying with us for a few months so I had to relocate my toys lol... but this is my JP/W stuff. The lighting isn’t great but I tried to take pics that showcase most of the dinos and I have the humans in the jeep.

I also found Nasie, the little girl from fallen kingdom, I didn’t even know they produced a figure of her and the accessories she comes with is pretty cool. Once I’m settled in I’d like to take a shot at building some dioramas for these figures

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Jurassic World_Blue_DSC06737.jpg
    My kids are liking the battle damage feature. I remember liking those too when I was a kid...on He-Man and Hot Wheels toys, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  16. haunted-one

haunted-one Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found this during a toy reset at my local target. Thing is wicked. IMG_6541.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bête Noire

Bête Noire Fallen Guardian

News Credits:
    Roarivors Ankylosaurus and Pteranodon came in yesterday along with Suchomimus.
    Oh man, those are some nice dinos. I need some fish for Suchomimus to chow down on.
    Mattel JWII Ankylosaurus > Hasbro JW Ankylosaurus. Like night and day.

18. JustCruisinChallenger

Very nice stuff ^

So does anyone have a reliable source about the Indominus rex toy coming out?

19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Now that looks fun! Is the only difference between that and the regular Indoraptor the inclusion of electronics?

Also anyone with the Indoraptor, anything to watch out for? I think it's a great deal for $20, it's a big toy.

20. Goldlock

News Credits:
    Yeah, they were about 4 or 5 inch scale. The Batman figures from Kenner (which I had tons of as a kid) were the same size.

Congrats! I saw the Ankylo and Ptero for the first time in person today. They looked pretty great, but the roar on the Ankylosaurus sounded a bit like a toilet being flushed. :lol 

The initial info came from the leaker on Reddit who gave us our first glimpse of the line's prototypes around last Christmas time - he/she said Indominus was on the list, but was being kept for after FK, in case it took hype away from the Indoraptor.

Mattel reps have since made some subtle hints at a legacy Indominus to people in attendance at the conventions this year.

If you can find the forum on Reddit, there should be something in there (I have no idea how to navigate that crazy site!).

Yup, electronics and a puppetry gimmick similar to the T&T Rex.

The super-poseable one is amazing on its own though. There don't seem to be any reported issues with the figure, just a case of checking his eyes/teeth for any paint slops before you buy.