Matrix Workshop Upgrades

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by matrixworkshop, May 23, 2019.

1. tfsafari

tfsafari TF Online Dealer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    ROS,the previous designer of Ironhide is late on Ratchet set. We have another set on shelf now from GX Studio(unpainted sets and white-painted set),1st batch would be in stock within next week probably.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Thanks a lot for putting in the effort to look into this and for trying to make things better. I'll continue to give business your way.

• Like Like x 1
  3. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

The ratchet set continues to look amazing. I am one of those who is disappointed by how consistently off the fit of parts have been (all four of the sets I’ve bought), but I do love the designs, and I’m willing to put in the elbow grease to make them work. Thanks for trying to address the issue for us, @tfsafari

• Like Like x 4
  4. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  5. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not thrilled you have to take the hands off, but I’m still getting it. Hopefully the mushroom peg doesn’t snap off of the 3D printed part...

6. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my Barricade set last week (everything seems to be sized fine). I do like that the old weapons can still be utilized as a nice double barreled forearm gun:

barricades.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  7. Mondochuk

Mondochuk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless it's not a mushroom peg at all and just a peg... :inquisiti 

8. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Don't try to force blast effects on the MW guns.
    20191103_225604.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any idea if these are FDM prints in like ABS or PLA or are they made from resin on a SLA/DLP machine?

I wanna say SLA since the detail are so crisp... but usually resin prints are super brittle. So its possible they may be printing on a FDM with a really small nozzle?

10. wingsaber86

wingsaber86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Yup, they are printed in SLA resin, confirmed by tfsafari when I asked

11. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would make sense as they are pretty brittle.

Looking at : #326 I think I might buy a set of Smokescreen weapons and do that - paint them gold for baricade - that should sit fine on top of the silver paint.

I really wish Hasbro had cast Siege Barry's Forearms and crotch in black though the resistance to want to paint them black or very dark purple is becomming almost unmanagable to me.

12. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

What was the issue? Was the hole not the right size for the effect?

13. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    The weapons aren't actually blast effect compatible but they're pretty damn close. If you have an effect with a protruding 3cm port, you can manage to get one on the barrel. That's what I did, but after being on there for a couple weeks, the effect started to grip the gun barrel. The barrel snapped when I tried pulling it off.

• Like Like x 1
  14. theosteve

I’ve been wondering for awhile how SLA would work for customizing. Been considering getting a low-end consumer sla for transformer and model stuff like heads. This is making more skeptical at this point. Wonder if anyone has been having fragility issues with DSA’s new SLA produced stuff.

15. Requiem Prime

Just got my Nightbird and my copy wasn't afflicted with the misshapen pegs. I tested the tube to join the two sickles and everything in my Skytread's hands. The shuriken are too small, they'll rest in a 5mm port but they won't stay there.
    The sword is the most snug, I suspect because the handle was painted. Both pairs of sickles and sai went in smooth with that nice amount of grip.

Hopefully this is a sign they've fixed their issue and not an edge case.

• Like Like x 1
  16. w00t

w00t Well-Known Member

I received my Springer Weapons Kit this week and the pegs are all the correct size and fit really well, the guns look awesome, I'd recommend this kit to anyone interested in it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

Maybe just use some nail polish on those loose ones.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Requiem Prime

That's the plan. Also got the kit in my girl's hands, the silver is visibly off from her dark grey plastic, but I think it's more the metallic sheen than the hue. I've forgiven far worse color matchings.

• Like Like x 1
  19. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well its down to the resin formulation more than the machine itself. Most of the cheap resins are very brittle, but from what I understand you can mix in a little flexible resin in with it and it completely changes the properties to the point where the part is pretty close to injected plastic in strength. Out of the bottle Siraya Blue is supposed to be quite strong.

But... my issue with resin printers is apparently how toxic the stuff is in it's liquid state. Like, after you cure it and its hard it is inert and totally safe to touch, but while its a liquid it can cause some fairly serious health problems if you touch it enough. For example, you can touch it a few times and nothing happen, but the more you are exposed to it the worse of an allergic reaction you will have to it in the future. Some people are so bad off that just smelling the fumes is enough to send them into shock and get hospitalized.

Of course this isn't a problem as long as you wear nitrile gloves and eye protection while working with the stuff. The biggest thing that has put me off getting one is the fumes, the danger of such is up for debate, but everyone highly reccomends you put the printer in a ventilated, unused, room while it's loaded with Resin. Which is ultimately why I have not got one yet, my printer has to live on my desk in the living room.

20. theosteve

If I end up getting one, it’ll reside in the shed, where it can fine where people rarely go, and the door can be left open when I’m in there. I figure that’ll be safe enough.

I’m hoping I can find a local SLA/DLP owner that I can pay to run a few pieces to see how they go for printing before I commit the money to one myself. I’d hate to get one and have it end up not practical for my customizing, or end up costing a fortune in resins to try and find the right mix for my needs.