Matrix of Leadership bootleg found

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TM2 Dinobot, Jul 29, 2010.

1. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For those that have the authentic copy, could you post the dimensions of the box? The seller who sold me my set claims it's authentic, so I want to make sure before I send it in for a refund.

2. grune7

grune7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will someone please post how to identify the bootleg for those of us who can't view the video?

3. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It's in a thinner much less sturdy box.
    The shiny Matix innards are just one shiny panel instead of it being just the blue sparkly bits.
    The DVD cases inside on the bootleg are just Cardboard with sleeve holes cut into them inside so they can hold the DVD's unlike the normal ones that have actual plastic normal cases.
    The DVD's play back in a very low quality compared to the original.
    The bonus Magnets are now stickers.
    There is no book detailing the series included.
    There is a wierd Autobot/Decepticon Logo page (Looks to be a book cover of some kind) included that has absolutely no use whatsoever.

I think that's about it.

4. grune7

grune7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks. My set is the bootleg. I checked it was June 18th I purchased it at Rogers Flea Market in North East Ohio. The vender I purchased it from had a bunch of other sets and said he sold on Amazon Marketplace so definately be careful ordering off there. I didn't realize that bootleg dvds had improved to where they looked so close to the real ones.

I thought the cardboard cases seemed pretty cheesy and the little baggie sleeves were glued in real sloppily.

5. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I would love to hear about one of these sellers getting the cops called on them. Not that the cops would do much. But, some kind of authority slapping them in cuffs would be great.

Do it!!

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well if you do get your money back, you can get it at Amazon.com for $98.99 with free shipping. Sorry to hear about the KO.

7. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Can anyone answer my question by telling me how deep the box is? I have to return this item if it's a bootleg.

8. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    :useless 
    Nvm, didn't see the YT link in the first post!

9. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Now i know not to buy this off ebay.... Save my money for the real thing from Bestbuy or Amazon.... Or something like that!

10. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
  11. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, here's a way to tell with a sealed set. Both boxes have the exact same height and width. 8" x 11". Where they differ is the depth. The REAL one is roughly 3 1/2" deep. The fake one is just under 2". Side by side there's no mistaking it. If you're buying it off ebay, or if you think you have a fake one, measure the depth. There is no mistaking that. :) 

Does anyone know why this isn't front page news? I could care less about the news credit, I just want as many people to know about this as possible.

12. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

I suspect these Bootlegs have been running around on eBay for a while now. Also, Bootlegged DVDs are hardly new on eBay. That said, I think the thread title is a bit confusing. Needs to include the word, "DVD."

13. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I'm very glad I got my DVD set at BestBuy. I think I paid $120 or so for it. Very much the real deal and super high-quality video. I'm very happy with it. My only complaint is I wish it included the 1986 movie. Other than that, it's perfect. I think I posted it somewhere in this forum.

Oh, and from the title, I thought you were talking about the Matrix of Leadership STATUE display piece with the Key to Victer Sigma.

14. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fixed.

15. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

looks like ill get mine from bestbuy

16. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i really dont mind bootlegs at all, the only thing is the picture quality normal, or is it grainy, blinking up and down etc. was the chinese set much better in picture quality? how about the sound? ive bought many anime bootlegs which is very high quality. they were all complete sets. normally called china / maylasia sets. are theses similar?

17. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is the best quality bootleg I've ever seen. I plugged in both the real and KO DVDs and watched them together. The title screens are the same, the menues are flawless. The only way I could tell which is which is when things are written in like (like computer screens or something) the KO is harder to read. But I also have a very low def tv.

Honestly? The KO set is higher quality than the Rhino sets, and just under the Shout set. I was surprised. A lot.

18. mmhand

mmhand Well-Known Member

Dammit, I just found out that my DVD box set is a KO. I was wondering why the video quality was so bad on my set while everyone seemed to be going on about how great the set looks on the internet.

The damn bootleggers could of at least used DVD-9s instead of the 4.5 gb discs so we could have gotten comparable video quality.

19. UltraMarcus28

UltraMarcus28 Maximal

News Credits:
    i feel for you guys, but through your misfortune, i will buy mine cautiously

20. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

I'm sure you haven't resold any of those bootleg sets, either......:rolleyes: