Masterpiecefan reproduction and custom replacement parts feedback

Discussion in 'Commissioner Listing and Feedback' started by Masterpiecefan, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Masterpiecefan

Masterpiecefan Well-Known Member

I have made replacement shoulder ratchets for the Oversize AOE Optimus prime. For those who have gotten these I thank you for support and hope to hear positive reviews of my work.

The hip ratchets for this will be next, hopefully along with Apollyon hip clips.

2. Chevytron951

Chevytron951 Well-Known Member

Received the parts yesterday. I was amazed with the quality of the ratchet parts now my Prime feels new again. Excellent with communication shipping was superb and well packaged provided instruction thru email and video which was helpful. Over all great service and an awesome guy I highly recommend doing business with him. I won't hesitate purchasing his next projects. :thumb 

3. dafob

dafob Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ^^ Well said and my sentiments exactly. Truly an awesome board member willing to offer fixes at reasonable prices and great support for those parts with videos and email instructions. Highly recommended.

4. Masterpiecefan

Thanks dafob, chevytron951 I appreciate it. I hope to start the mold process on the hip ratchets when I get back from my vacation in little over a week. Once I start I will double check with people to make sure I have the counts right on these parts if they requested them.
    Also I am not sure what they will cost to make or to ship yet. They will be more solid and bigger so I don't think they will fit in an envelope and be shipped the same way as the shoulder ratchets. I will keep you informed.
    I would like to keep cost down as much as possible. I am thinking $15 +shipping for 1set and $25 + shipping for 2 sets.
    Thoughts on the suggested price range is appreciated.
    Again I am happy to hear that these are reaching people quickly and securely.

5. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

Are you replacing the ratchets on the hips or the whole piece that connects from the leg and such? Because mine was broke right out of the box... :( 

Not even sure if I can replace it myself... guess gotta hope the seller contacts me back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best Regards,

6. Masterpiecefan

The part that broke on yours is what came broke on mine. So those gunmetal pieces are what I will be making. I plan to make them solid without all of those hollow spots to avoid future break points.
    I had never removed a pin before and I was able to do it after watching videos and some patience. Those are breaking because the pin is too far in causing it to compress very tightly. When I got the pin backed out a bit the part that broke moved freely. It is a shame that it happened, but deffinately a learning experience for me.
    My only issue I had removing it is I removed some blue and silver paint whilst removing the pin. I plan on doing a video on removing the other hip piece because I am replacing both on mine and will be selling them as sets. I am hopeful to color match the parts too. I have some supplies on order that when I start production should give me a close enough color.

Thanks for the questions and interest. And sorry for the circumstance that forced you to have to ask.

All the best
    Jason

7. Masterpiecefan

I hear ya, I am on a budget too. I am just able to make replacement parts and help out others. Material costs are high and at the moment I am only looking to fund future projects and will probably just break even and get myself known on the boards.
    Also the top wheel section of the leg is on a post that just slides into the top of the leg if you were to grab the entire top of the leg and pull towards the back of the leg it will slide out of the slot.
    Just to give ya an idea. I am using a high quality material that is a strong plastic and quite pricey. For 3 lbs it is $100 before shipping which is roughly 2 quarts of material. And the tints that I ordered was $75 shipped. So even from my end thus is a pricey hobby.
    And thanks I appreciate the support.

8. Masterpiecefan

Thanks. I actually never done any kit bashing before. I am a mold maker and artist by trade though. And it helps having material knowledge. I just want to help where I can and try to make it as affordable as possible. People spend too much to not be able to get these figures fixed.

9. Wraith Prime

Wraith Prime Ultra-Class

News Credits:
    I received my shoulder ratchets a while back but hadn't had a chance to do anything with them. These things are sturdy! quite an improvement over the originals - Well done!
    Packaging was great, shipping was super fast, and communication was awesome!
    Looking forward to updates on future parts.
    I hope I will never need those replacement hips, but if I do, I know who I'm going to contact!
    Thanks again, you rock! :rock 

10. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got the shoulder replacements over here in Tokyo. They make a world of difference and definitely improve this figure greatly. Thanks!

11. Darnelle

Darnelle Member

Got mine long time ago but I was out of the country.. I installed my replacement shoulder ratchet two days ago (replaced all of them). The replacement ratchet is awesome and worked great on my unit.. Thanks.

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Each artist here may post one (1) Commissioner Listing and Feedback thread. I have moved this thread to the proper area. Please use this thread to manage your orders and allow members to post transaction feedback.

If you have parts you have created to showcase, please post threads for them in Radicons Customs. Those threads are to be showcase only, not to manage orders. You may link members to this thread in any project thread you create. If you have any questions, feel free to contact a member of Staff.

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Members: Most of you guys know how these threads work. You may post requests (are you making X part) and genuine feedback of transactions, positively or negatively. The artist is NOT to respond to those. Evaluation on work seen (not in hand) should be reserved for project threads.

For more, please see here: The Commissioner Listing and Feedback Rules: EVERYONE READ