Masterpiece V2 Starscream Coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Abigail Barajas

Abigail Barajas AbigailHam

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I just hope Deformation Space's version can do something similar to that ;-;

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

Starscream: Hey! Stop making me do these cool poses! It 'll make Megatron take me seriously that I'll get a bullseye tagged on my noggin' 24/7/365!

• Like Like x 3
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    That pose alone qualified him as Leader of the Decepticons ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  4. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I don't know that felt a lot more natural to me versus trying to flex them over the shoulder, especially with the plastic holding the rivet being so thin. I came back home last week and transformed and followed EMGOs JTI and that's what he did, that just felt too unnatural to me. Did Takara ever put out an official transformation video?

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, I'm saying that everything to do with that shoulder clearance feels unintuitive, compared to the rest of him. Butterflying the shoulders out (which seems to be the best way), or attempting to flex the wing spikes (bad idea), either way, it just feels off.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

I just got the impression and read it (never actually bought the Shout JP version of G1 S#1 to S#3) that the JP Cream version wasn't a insufferable jerk( Chris Latta CC screechy type ) but a somewhat uppity, up and coming youth who wants to replace the old fogy Megs. So yup, a qualified candidate to the throne.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz ...

News Credits:
    I haven't tried doing any crazy poses with him yet, I've mostly just had him standing around looking smug.
    20210917_213938.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  8. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Aw man, the smoke is such a great idea! I wish I'd thought of that :cry 

I'm sure you'll figure something out, I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Haha, and of course what doesn't qualify him, in his own eyes!

That's arguably the most in-character thing to do with this figure ;) 

• Like Like x 10
  9. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

Both figures are great and have their plus/minus. I think either way we all win with these releases

10. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    Instantly reminded me of the bit from the Black Widow movie…“That thing you do while you're fighting? This thing you do, you whip your hair when you're fighting with the arm and the hair. You flip your hair and do like a fighting pose. It's a fighting pose. You are such a poser!”

• Like Like x 8
  11. BulletSponge

BulletSponge A guy with way too many toys...

With all of us getting an MP-52, DS-01 or both. Does anyone have an old Hasbro MP-11 junker laying around?

12. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

It can. Check the thread in the other 3P forum.

I never noticed Starscream's face was always a darker color compared to Thundercracker and Skywarp until this figure. Weird.

13. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Yeah, that’s how it was in the G1 cartoon. I guess to make Starscream stand out a little more from the other two.

14. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    what third party stands are people using that are still obtainable ? want something that will hold mp52 thundercracker higher in robot mode than mp11 tc here but not wanting something with a huge base, a little wide like mp11s is ok

20210919_190448.jpg 20210919_190419.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

Don't worry. It was already done in that thread.

20210918_210316.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  16. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Yayyyy exactly what I was going for :lol 

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Deformation Starscream pulls if it off better. There’s different ways to change up the pose. That said, I’m keeping my MP-52 as he’s one of my top MPs. Thanks for the comparison shots.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    From chchch and nomolos, thanks for the pictures

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Posting this here as it’s the biggest thread where MP-52 is discussed. This isn’t an MP-52 appreciation thread. However, this thread isn’t a thread for Takara fans to start flaming 3p/KO fans. Nor are the threads in the 3p forum venues for 3p/KO fans to flame Takara fans. Comparisons between products are fine.

Here’s the thread for Deformation Space DS-001:
    DEFORMATION SPACE DS-001 Crimson Wings(G1 MP Starscream)

Thread for the MP-52 KO:
    MP-52 Starscream KO

These days we have options. DS-001 seems well received and the KO shows promise. Their appeal isn’t just due to lower price but also the lower amount of issues reported(with regards to DS-001, KO MP-52 isn’t out yet). You can say reports of MP-52 copies with issues on TFW and on the internet in general are small compared to the total production run but unless you work for Takara, you don’t have those numbers as they’re confidential. Takara likely will never publish the amount of MP-52s they either repaired/exchanged/replaced for Japanese residents either.

As stated before, these days we have options. Ultimately fans will flock to the better product and being official has become less and less of a deciding factor in recent years. Maybe the KO MP-52 won’t have as many issues as some of the MP-52 copies reported here and elsewhere. At that point, does it really matter to you, as a buyer, that it’s a KO? Maybe not. Maybe you feel the need to support Takara and want that money to go to them. I can understand that but I also understand the feeling of dismay after seeing my MP-52 having cracks out of the box.

Takara has challenges, I get that but it’s really on them to make better products and ensure nothing damages them in assembly. Costs are up, it’s an uphill battle but what are the 3p and KO companies doing differently to ensure less botched releases? Point is, demand for 3p alternatives and KO MP-52s went up primarily due to how MP-52 turned out. One could think Takara will eventually make good on it with a rerelease but where does that leave people like me who bought MP-52 a few months ago(especially folks who don’t live in Japan and thus aren’t able to get a repair from Takara…and by the time it and when a rerelease happens, it’ll be beyond the normal exchange period any etailer would’ve had if you bought MP-52 months back). Plus, how sure can we be when they’ve yet to rerelease MP-47 Hound?

I like MP-52 a lot and am a Starscream fan in general so I don’t mind seeing unofficial alternatives. MP-52 is all it’s cracked up to be, but more and more will wait for a version with less or no cracks especially if it’s almost $100 less. The plastic on MP-52 seems sturdier to me compared to MP-03/11 so I was surprised with how my MP-52 managed to have cracks, especially since Arcee and Lio Convoy didn’t have as many reported issues as Hound.

Spend your money how you want. Don’t need to flame each other or turn it into an “us vs them” thing though. There’s enough of that on social media.

• Like Like x 29
  20. AndyPurro

AndyPurro Cancerous Pyro Main

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    P R E A C H

• Like Like x 1