Masterpiece V2 Starscream Coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

1. AndyPurro

AndyPurro Cancerous Pyro Main

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    My screamer is still holding up just fine,

And yeah I'll admit the ankles are a bit loose for my liking but I ain't going to risk fixing it just to break it like I did with my first Mp-44

but yeah here's starscream
    6D952BA9-48D6-4512-999D-6154FB91D7F6.jpeg

• Like Like x 18
  2. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    The hostility needs to end.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Sharp! Love it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    You don’t need them, just flip the feet up and down and you’ll see the cracks if they’re there. Or just open up the side flap of the lower leg for transformation and you’ll be able to see.

• Like Like x 4
  5. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Loving all these pics everyone! Both of mine need some love too. I’ll take some pics as soon an inspiration hits

• Like Like x 8
  6. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

Will do. Thanks for the advise.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rogerimus

Rogerimus Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    so far so good

AC93FAB1-981C-4633-8CA3-72A4AB1FE750.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  8. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

Quoted for truth.

• Like Like x 9
  9. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Did some more testing. Figure if it’s going to break, I’d rather see it now than later. I’m impatient like that. Plus, just wanted to know how it could break to avoid breaking it in the future. I’ve done this for years with all my import toys. So I’m used to it and so with toys in general this hasn’t been anything new to me but since a few years back it’s been like this with MP’s. Not excusing it, just saying that experience fixing other stuff came in handy for issues like on my copy of MP-52.

Anyways, today I inspected the forearms a lot closer. The forearms are painted on the outside with a blue that’s very close to the color they’re molded in. Right forearm looked fine, socket looked like it might have a stress mark from within but hasn’t felt weak. The forearms are made of a dense and tough blue plastic. I’ll get to that more in a few. The way the hands are designed, the sides of the forearm expand slightly to peg the wrist joints in(2 pegs on each side). This keeps the wrist/hand on by tension and prevents the wrist/hand from just falling out when the forearm opens up for transformation. There’s some give to them but it’s a tight fit. Right forearm with no cracks is tighter than the left forearm that has a few cracks.

Left arm…cracks still there. Crack on top, above the wrist joint, expands a bit when the hands are flipped out for transformation(that 180 movement). Small cracks to the of it didn’t expand much(just a tiny bit) whether the joint was moved or when I removed the wrist/hand entirely. Oddly enough, when the the cracks did expand, some oil or liquid(mold release? Byproduct of paint?) seeped out. I could tell since I had a light shining on it and I repeated the process(because science!). This tells me that whatever this liquid or oil is, it’s coming from underneath the paint(as I repeated the process of removing and reattaching the hand/wrist and wiping off the liquid each time it emerged afterwards). I have no idea what the hell it is and the inside of the forearm looked unpainted and not oily. Leaves me concerned about chemical reaction(and I’m not used to seeing this happen on items painted with acrylic).

Noticed some excess flash near the socket, trimmed that. Also noticed some near 1 wrist peg on the left hand. Trimmed that too. Noticed 1 peg was also malformed(wasn’t even compared to the other side), so I sanded it down to even it out.

At this point, I hope the left forearm doesn’t crack further and from my repeated strength testing(slowly prying both sides of the left forearm apart to see if they’d crack further) it doesn’t feel like it will.

So this leads me to believe that at the assembly line in the factory, whomever is attaching the hands to the forearms, may be using a tool to pry the forearm wrist sockets apart(to make it easier to attach the hands/wrists). I say this because if you use a tool, you won’t really be able to feel if you’re stressing the plastic or not. If you’re using your fingers, you’ll definitely be able tell. Now imagine this is being done quickly with a tool and no one is looking back at the sockets to inspect. These cracks on my copy are small and very easy to miss. The crack at the top of the wrist on the left arm doesn’t even show up unless you flip the hand in or out for transformation. Still not able to tell if it’s an actual crack in the plastic or just a crack in the paint.

• Like Like x 12
  10. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    You don't want to buy it (which is your right) but yet you still come to this thread to complain about something you don't want.

• Like Like x 9
  11. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Y’all’s needs to go’on an shows us yourn’s 52’s ankles thens!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I have ankle cracks on both legs but surprisingly enough, I was able to get my MP-52 to stand on 1 leg, the leg that had the weakest/loosest foot/ankle.

• Like Like x 3
  13. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Two of those are mine, and one was the result once I'd seeped super glue into hairline cracks, so there is no certainty about causation of the breakage. And the first one was fixed by the super glue, ironically.

Are there problems? Yep. Are they widespread? Debatable given we are a small group overall and not all if us have them. Plus, what people do have is varied.

Does that make this terrible? Of course not. Some of these were poorly qc'd, a lot weren't. Some of that is purely cosmetic, such as the tailfin issue, some functional, such as ankles and wrists. None of that enables anyone to draw a wide ranging conclusion.

E.g. I buy FT products too. My $200+ Thomas didn't have the wonky legs that seemed fairly widespread. It did have the stupid screw that eats the plastic, that should be a pin, because that's how they made it. Sheridan had the rivet that dropped out, literally disconnecting the whole leg, which was widespread, but mine didn't. My TE Mirage was perfect, save having the misassembly error that was widespread but not total, and easily fixed.

This stuff plagues all toys, 3P or otherwise.

• Like Like x 11
  14. Ratzo99

Ratzo99 Well-Known Member

Congrats, you aren't happy, I'm sure everyone understands that point now. If you haven't bought MP-52, then make sure you don't. Problem solved, now please let the rest of us "suffer" in glee with this toy.

• Like Like x 10
  15. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Third and final copy is solid. No visible cracks in any of the known areas, stands up like a champ too.

This weekend will be fun for me and my TFs.

• Like Like x 9
  16. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    image0-2.png

• Like Like x 3
  17. REDEEMED

REDEEMED Hold on to your innocence

Ebay:
    Just ignore it. If the negative comments are completely baseless, then they aren’t worth a response either

• Like Like x 8
  18. BrutiKing

BrutiKing Everything, right now, shining in hope.

News Credits:
    Stands just fine for me! Notice how he’s only on one thruster eh? 35D91156-ACA5-4F9A-B02C-DD76A6674DE4.jpeg

No, the back foot is not resting on the wall.

• Like Like x 37
  19. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Just to add to the whole "TT is not the only company that can't do ankles", I just received Unique Toys Nero in the mail today and at first I had a lot of trouble standing him up. His "ankle joints" are the smallest little pin joints you'll ever see trying (and failing) to hold up a very large, heavy figure. If you transform the feet correctly (at least I think it's correct because it works) the feet will hold him up, but you end up losing the use of the ankle joint entirely. So he will stand on the shelf but you can't do much else without a lot of balancing. It's an amazing looking figure with a crazy transformation which is why I bought it, but they should have put a lot more effort into the ankles. I'm not sure if I just have terrible luck or what, but a ridiculous number of bots in my collection, official and not official, have a really hard time standing in an A-stance on a shelf which drives me nuts.

My copy of Starscream is absolutely perfect except for the loose ankles, which makes it frustrating. It was so close to perfect for me. If Thundercracker and Skywarp have tighter ankles I'll be a very happy camper.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Shockwave81

News Credits:
    Love it. Captured that glossy red beautifully!

I also have to say that the null rays are some of my favourite things about MP-52. They look so chunky and powerful in hand, and the transformation is so satisfying. Bravo to TT for that!

• Like Like x 5