Masterpiece V2 Starscream Coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never use Nippon Yasan again.

Seriously.

If you can help it, NEVER use them again. 13 days is nothing. Some people have gone months without responses to any of their inquiries and well over a year of items not being shipped. They are undeserving of any business anymore.

That your Starscream even got shipped roughly on time is miraculous itself.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I thought most review copies were fine. Isn’t it just Bobby and Emgo that had loose ankles? Wotafa’s seems fine. I’ve definitely seen a few reviews where the feet were not loose at all. But I have not watched all of them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Damn!!! I really didn't know they were that bad. Ordered a few bits with them over the years, but dodged bullets it would seem until now.
    Having worked within retail in the past its kind of mind boggling from a customer service stand point.
    I will avoid using them again if I can help it, fingers crossed my bank refund me, I'll put the funds towards Thundercracker or MP44 when he gets a reissue.

Luckily @Sam is kindly sending me some legs to replace my busted right ankle and missing left tailfin pin!! :D  :) 

Virtually everything else is perfect w/ the most perfect paintjob I've ever had on a MP so I'll be happy to finally have him be 10/10 :D 

• Like Like x 4
  4. BrutiKing

BrutiKing Everything, right now, shining in hope.

News Credits:
    There are actually two pins at the back that hole this into place. Once you remove the two pins (the two pins can be seen within his torso from behind if you move the wings out of the way) though, everything just comes apart - you could easily replace these pins with screws - I used some screws from Keith's MP-10 poseable hands and cut them shorter to fit.

• Like Like x 2
  5. REDEEMED

REDEEMED Hold on to your innocence

Ebay:
    So is the figure then fully functional with the faux cockpit removed? Or is there a caveat?

6. BrutiKing

BrutiKing Everything, right now, shining in hope.

News Credits:
    Nope. It's completely fully functional. The extra ab crunch section is a bit fiddlier, but you can sort of make a waist twist/shrugging type of motion though.

7. REDEEMED

Ebay:
    Excellent. Looks much more natural that way. I’ll probably seriously consider taking mine out as well. Thanks for sharing

• Like Like x 1
  8. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    You’re welcome! Things have been good here, thanks. I’m loving the Cream too, hoping to find some time to take photos soon!

• Like Like x 3
  9. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

As somebody that had MP Hound and followed that entire thread- absolutely not. My copy of Hound cracked on the very first step. One transformation, even being very methodical and careful, knowing the trouble spots and lubricating the pins at those areas, resulted in about six cracks. Including one almost all the way through a structural piece connecting the arm to the body. Nothing happening in here is in that same conversation.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Paco Grande

NY should be avoided. In the Macross forum I read nobody will touch them anymore because people are still waiting for items over a year after paying. They created a dedicated thread for NY because all the NY complaining was polluting all the the other threads. They have been really terrible and the rumour is that the guy that was running it left with a bunch of money so they had a cash problem. They also never refund anything, only store credit. Which is a huge problem if they aren't shipping anything. To be honest I was shocked that you got your Starscream so quickly from them. That may be a good sign and maybe the Macross items are more rare and causing them more problems.

Having said all that I did (perhaps foolishly) order an expensive Macross item from them a few months ago out of desperation. They appear to be getting a bit better lately and started to ship stuff out again. Also I have always gotten my stuff from them eventually. So I took the risk. But they should definitely be avoided if possible until they show more improvement.

Edit: And of course AE is not great either. My Star Cream is from them. Contacted them about getting some right leg parts and zero response which I believe is typical for them.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hmmm…I wonder if Takara would repaint MP-52 in G1 toy colors without the faux cockpit…I prefer the look with it, but it didn’t look bad without it and would technically be more accurate to the G1 toy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gavatron83

Gavatron83 Active Member

Pre-ordered back in May and I'm still waiting for mine!

• Like Like x 1
  13. REDEEMED

Ebay:
    Yeah, they may arrive this month, or it could be the next. I’m on vacation abroad till the end of next month so I’m in no hurry regardless.
    I chose to go with BBTS because if I end up loosing out on the QC lottery, I’m confident they’ll take care of it in a timely manner. That’s been my experience in the past anyways

• Like Like x 2
  14. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wow! Thanks for the insight dude. Haven't ordered from them since MP36 and (MP29+ which I regrettably sold) Starscream was packaged horribly. I'm surprised the box was only lightly scratched and wasn't badly damaged.
    I'll certainly avoid them from now on! Had no idea they were this shitty.. Theres always a scandal in there somewhere haha! Reminds me of the Gizmondo scandal guy who crashed the Ferrari Enzo.

Lets see how ShowZ handle my Thundercracker

• Like Like x 2
  15. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me what to do to get the legs apart for trying a stronger spring in the knee? I took out 2 screws in the outer leg, 1 in the kneepad, and don't see any others other than the thigh

16. Paco Grande

Some people have said that ShowZ do not pack very well, but I have not seen that yet. I just received a package from them today and as usual it's really well packed. For me it's typically bubble wrapped, then placed in a cardboard shipper box and then they wrap the entire outside surface with tape. And sometimes they even use those plastic corner protectors on the shipper box. They take a little while to ship but the items have been packed super well for me.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hope this helps:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Paco Grande

The calve splits into two pieces and the piece you need to remove has to be worked a little bit to get it off. There is a shaft for the hinge on that part with the blue calve "vent". That shaft needs to be slid off and it's a bit tight.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus

News Credits:
    All I can think of here is the photographer saying, "Okay guys, now say 'CHEESE'" and them actually doing it. Shockwave doesn't understand.

• Like Like x 2
  20. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

Thanks, I figured it out