Masterpiece V2 Starscream Coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

1. MoonchildVic

MoonchildVic Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Some pages back i remember seeing a photo of him without the fake cockpit. Not really my cup of tea, but i respect contrary opinions.

As for it being pinned, i would say that it isn't.
    If you pay attention when you are transforming him from bot to jet, and forming the nose cone, you can collapse the fake cockpit into his chest. It's subtle but it is there, and I don't see it on the instructions.

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    It’s held on by 2 tabs near the top but I believe the parts that need to be removed to access it, are pinned. The faux cockpit does need to be collapsed for jet mode otherwise it won’t let the cover tab into the sides.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Wow. The internet has everything. :) 

That looks surprisingly good. I mean, the fake looks better, but it still looks like the best Starscream ever using only the real cockpit.

I might have preferred using the real cockpit in exchange for sinking that gray chest cover a lot further into the jet mode.

Fascinating design this toy is, one way or the other.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Is that faux cockpit just clipped in? No pins?

5. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Awwwww yeah!!! There’s that Dean ML photo goodness that I look forward to seeing with every MP release!! Nice work, my dude, glad to see you’re enjoying the Star Cream!

Transfornstion may be my favorite new word! Forgive me, I can’t help being entertained by typos like that. :D 

• Like Like x 9
  6. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:

Thanks man, yeh I’ve been waiting 13 days for a response to my ticket. The online chat helpers keep telling me they will escalate it and their team will get to it as soon as they can.

I’m going to take it up with my bank if it hits 15 days, kinda bummed I didn’t use PayPal.
    Will be stoked if they refund me so I can keep him and just carry out the ankle repair myself.

7. Emperor Bruticus IV

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I was wondering if anyone knows if Starscream is made from thermoplastic or thermoset plastic? Would it be a good idea to slowly heat a metal screwdriver placed on the ankle pivot plastic and melt the crack closed VS the superglue approach ?

8. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I believe most toys are made of engineering grade plastics, which are usually thermoplastics.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Sam has had some success with equally terrible AE by picking up the phone (and talking English). Timezone difference is a hurdle, but it might work with NY too.

It's mostly ABS which is a thermoplastic yes. Acetone also chemically melts it and can be used to fuse it. Be very careful with either heat or acetone or you'll just have a mess! If my ankle receptacle ever cracks I'll probably try superglue in the crack with some epoxy spread round the outside. You don't have much clearance to have a nice thick layer sadly until you interfere with the foot. Replacing the rivet with a screw also has been successful for somebody. With that you can pull things together and bring some end-face friction into the mix, so it's less important if the cylindrical face has poor friction due to a crack.

• Like Like x 8
  10. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Has anybody seen a video review without the knee/foot floppiness?

11. AndyPurro

AndyPurro Cancerous Pyro Main

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    3 weeks in of owning MP-52...

*still knocks on wood*

No existing cracks have worsened and no new cracks spotted. I might be fairly lucky with my copy, but it hurts to see that some others in this thread weren't as lucky with theirs, he's a significantly better figure compared to MP-11 and to some extent MT Meteor (I still love the guy don't get me wrong) so it won't be surprising that people would choose the upcoming Deformation Space Starscream as a better budget alternative to those put off by the QC issues and the lack of a waist swivel on MP-52.

But I think I'll spare my allowance the pain of seeker collecting by limiting myself to the main MP-52 seeker aces, as my copy really does the job for me.
    (That and also fuck the coneheads)
    However if this really is a qc Russian roulette as this thread dubbed it, Chances are I might not be as lucky when Thundercracker and Stairwarp roll out.

And crickey I better save up for Thundercracker asap.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp O_o Master of the ID 10 T error o_O

Was “stairwarp” an autocorrect and if so what the hell have you been texting?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

Chances are even better that they'll figure out what caused the cracks in this, which is probably the rivets and the heat needed to insert them, and will likely correct the issue. People really need to stop feeding into the fears and craziness that this is Hound 2, though. The day we start seeing a large amount of people having their tail fins snap completely off at the base or feet ripping completely off at the ankle then i'll worry. But that is currently not the case and I suspect it never will be.

And no, what I just said does not let Takara off the hook for the problems it has and it definitely doesn't let them off the hook for not inspecting their figures more thoroughly. None of these problems no matter how large or small that they are should exist and they should've been caught early and fixed but the levels people are going to in reaction to them is silly.

• Like Like x 4
  14. AndyPurro

AndyPurro Cancerous Pyro Main

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    For context, I saw nothing but stair related jokes on TFwiki's Skywarp page, which not only suits his personality as a prankster, but I found it so damn hilarious that I've made it my head-cannon, and I've said this NUMEROUS times on this thread that once I get MP-52+SW this December/Next January, all my in-hand images of the figure will be solely dedicated to stair related gags and shitposting

See for yourself here and you'll have your sides split from laughing in no time:
    Skywarp (G1) - Transformers Wiki

but to answer your question, the typo was intentional.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

I mentioned this a few days ago, but, Dr. Arkeville (MP03) fits as well...

20210716_074122.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  16. Ratzo99

Ratzo99 Well-Known Member

I've heard Nippon Yasan's customer service isn't great. I recall emailing them once re: an issue with how they packed a delivery, they didn't even reply. I just don't give them my business anymore.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Emperor Bruticus IV

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Appreciate it Bio, didn't want to risk just incase it was thermosetting. I've melted things together in the past only to have them not bond.

Appreciate the wisdom Liam, I might take the approach you advised. Super glue applied in the crack with a fine blade maybe then I'll use my Gorilla glue epoxy on the outer to build up on the strength. Certainly not confident enough to play with rivets haha.
    Yeah I'm contemplating doing what Sam did, just need to figure out a way to phone their international line as they don't have whatsapp etc.

Yeah I think I'm done with them after this man, Brexit has killed the edge in cheap shipping they used to have and I haven't been getting rewards from their points system either. Might keep things more local via Kapow.

Sorry to bring the vibes down family... let the picture appreciation of one of the best MP's ever continue!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Instagram:
    Some recent pics!

AE505A2D-8C11-4D5F-AA57-4D932550F1B2.jpeg 17B9BAE6-8272-4757-9CFB-00E05BA188BC.jpeg 1DF32A09-09A4-4E66-A663-8D7C472BF9E2.jpeg 786529A6-7D39-4752-A977-BD3FBFB37CDF.jpeg 60080F06-4870-4997-AF4B-19E128306CDC.jpeg

• Like Like x 19
  19. REDEEMED

REDEEMED Hold on to your innocence

Ebay:
    So while we are speaking about customer service. I just placed a preorder for this guy (MP52) through BBTS.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Thanks, ol buddy! Yes, looovvving the Cream - I am slathered in it! Hope you’ve been good, pal!

• Like Like x 6