Masterpiece V2 Starscream Coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

1. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Absolutely agree. Mine's still sitting in my stash and I can't wait to finally ship all that out.

Must... not... cave in... Must... get things done!

• Like Like x 2
  2. franpincho

franpincho unapologetic king

You should man!

• Like Like x 2
  3. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Definitely got to pick him up, just looking for the best retailer to go with.

• Like Like x 1
  4. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    Just got my replacement copy from TCP (Agabyss could only look do a refund), and it also had a cracked right stabilizer housing right out of the box. Would really caution anyone against buying this figure. Between the damaged on arrival copies, the ones reporting cracking as soon as you rotate the stabilizer, and the foot issues this thing is just a hot mess. Such a massive letdown too because no one can touch its appearance. MP-52 should have been another MP-36 and set an impossible bar for anyone to match. Instead it's well engineered, overpriced, and easily broken plastic.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New leak! I've obtained a snapshot of Takara's next planned retool of this Masterpiece:

[​IMG]

It's Starscream after he's been blown to ashes by Galvatron.

• Like Like x 10
  7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    How about the other parts, any cracks on the ankle posts, or the forearms? Does the crack beneath the stabilizer crack further if swiveled back and forth?

8. Ratzo99

Ratzo99 Well-Known Member

No intended disrespect, but I want to counter you, and suggest everyone *not* worry/caution against buying this figure, because it is an amazing figure...also, I don't want this to be a financial failure for Takara (not that it will, but still). I want *more* great releases like this. I feel like the vast majority of owners have had a trouble-free experience. I'm sure lots of people have cracks or stress marks, and aren't even aware of it.
    I know some people have serious/genuine issues with their copies, and that's unacceptable, but the stabilizer hairline cracks are almost entirely cosmetic. Mine has them. I wouldn't dream of leaving SS out of my collection over that non-issue.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear. Can you take pics of it and post them here? I remember you took pics before you applied the glue. What brand of super glue did you use?

10. The Allspice

Ebay:
    Stress marks but no cracks on the ankle posts, no forearm damage, and it did expand as soon as it was rotated.

11. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Does it expand further if the stabilizer is swiveled back and forth?

12. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    This is impossible to know at the moment. I get wanting to be optimistic but there’s no real way to know until well after most owners have opened their copies. Cross fingers my copy doesn’t develop further issues but it’s too early to determine that it won’t. Which is why I like figuring out what’s breaking so we can figure out ways to address it.
    I can’t in good faith do that. If anyone wants this I suggest they read up on the issues, study ways to address them and if they feel they’re capable of fixing the potential issues on their own, then make the decision to buy the figure or not. YMMV on this.

• Like Like x 2
  13. The Allspice

Ebay:
    I'll never understand hand waiving cracks in your 250.00 luxury good because you don't want to upset business daddy by harming his bottom line. Calling cracks in a figure that we have no way of verifying the longterm issues with a non-issue is a huge stretch. Especially when the entire issue was preventable if Takara had used an, admittedly slightly pricer for their bottom line, screw. We have an entire thread seperate from this one in order to track issues on this figure, and no way of knowing how many others are hand waiving their issues the same as this. The fact that there was enough discussion to warrant the thread in the first place speaks Ill of the figure quality though.

I want more figures from Takara too, but not if they're cheaply made at the expense of the consumer. Designs that lead to breakage in the name of lowering production costs is a great way for Takara to steer consumers to 3P.

Unfortunately it did.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus

News Credits:
    I feel like when MP-3 and MP-11 came around, many people at the time exclaimed "it looks like it jumped right off the screen!" At those times, it was the closest we had ever come to a cartoon representation. Amazing how wrong we were.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Damn, sorry to hear man

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Allspice

Ebay:
    Not your fault! They never should have moved from a screw to a rivet on a piece as fragile as this one.

17. Ratzo99

It's a luxury item, and that's part of it. If people like us don't buy them, or say "don't buy this", then they'll stop making them. Or, that's my fear anyway. Sure, 3P exists, but their designs are never as good as Takara's, and I don't think 3P would last long without official offerings to supplement and encourage them. I don't like the cracks any more than you do, but I have a massive collection of all sorts of toys, and stress marks and flaws are apparent on just about everything, regardless of price. Speaking of price, yeah, it's not cheap, but the days of Asian workers getting paid cents are disappearing, so we can no longer expect (to the same degree) that higher prices ensure perfection, especially as these types of figures become more and more complex, with more and more moving parts.
    Anyway, I understand the frustration, but look at how freaking expensive MP-44 was, and the QC still wasn't perfect on him. I feel like we're not going to be getting QC perfection ever again. The days of MP-01 are long gone.

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Allspice

Ebay:
    If you're making a shoddy product, then you don't deserve money. Why would I want to shield a toy manufacturer from failure? There are quite a few designs from FT, XTB, and MMC that outshine many Takara offerings in terms of aesthetics, ease of transformation, and most importantly to this conversation: build quality and customer support. Outside of TT apologists, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that agrees 3P is not as "good" as Takara. I never thought I'd make an allusion to anything Fran ever said, but that's straight up Takara Simpin' right there.

I also have a substantial collection of MPs, and if the majority of yours are showing stressmarks and hairline cracks, then you're buying the wrong products. The only MP I've ever had with QC issues was MP-09, and that's a well known issue that was an excellent reason to only buy the DX9 offering until Takara finally fixed it with the third release. If you want to set money on fire so Takara execs can keep their mistresses in a higher quality of penthouse, then go to town, but it's insane to say we should all keep paying because it might hurt them. My figure has a design issue that only existed in order to lower costs. Jim, Janet and Larry making a living wage has nothing to do with that. Though even if they did, an increase in the cost of doing business is no excuse for a decline in quality.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ratzo99

Do what you want, I tried to offer a different view, but you can't seem to discuss anything without a huge attitude. Shrug.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. The only way this Starscream can be more accurate is if you find your MP Megatron missing in the morning.

• Like Like x 3