Masterpiece V2 Starscream Coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Grendel163

Grendel163 Galactic Transcender

My Starscream's right leg has soft detent ratchets kicking forward and back. But his left leg has very loud audible clicking ratchets. Besides that, the right leg isn't loose and holds poses very well. Im trying to figure out how to open and fix it as the ratchet joint is located in the inside of his right crotch. Or should I just leave it alone?

2. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man that's a bummer!

Really surprised to see a few cracks here! Just dont understand it - should be pretty strong here and difficult to break it.

I notice what looks like your thumb showing on the top there. Haven't looked at the instructions, but I'm sure mine came thumbs down at the inside/back of the cavity, such that you had to rotate the hands 180 degrees after flipping them out, so I took a mental note to do that when going back to jet.

I haven't tried too hard, but if I dont rotate the hands it seems really hard to close the lid without putting a lot of stress pushing the hand forward because the thumb stops you closing the index finger down enough. Could it be people (maybe even the factory workers!) are storing the hands not as intended causing undue stress on that wrist pivot?

• Like Like x 3
  3. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    It's possible. I'll be honest, I don't recall how they were when I unboxed and transformed, and I haven't had chance to go back to alt yet, so it's literally been once from MISB. I think I had to spin them round, but I could be totally wrong.

I do think it's a pressure thing, though. My first thought once it came away was that the hand post seemed awfully tight for the fitting. Like I needed to roll sandpaper over it a few times just to free it up a touch. Obviously thus is by eye, not scientific or anything, but you know when something just looks off?

4. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm mine isn't super tight when I flip my hand in and out. But I do notice part of the posts on the wrist piece are squared slightly and that's what gives the detented positions every 90 degrees that wrist flip has. So that'll be putting stress exactly where yours has broken every time you flip the wrists in and out. I'm not a fan of that method of creating discrete positions on a rotating joint as you can generate some tremendous force if the tolerances are on the tight side. A number of figures have had issues due to this - Soundwave, Sunstreaker, Megs V2, to name a few. In this case it doesn't even seem to be needed, as when you close the forearm lid, there's a tab on it that locks the wrist from swiveling. Hmmm might pop mine out and round those posts a bit more to reduce that stress and preserve the forearms! Could go all the way to round so it's just a simple swivel and I dont think it'd negatively affect posing the wrist.

• Like Like x 3
  5. BrutiKing

BrutiKing Everything, right now, shining in hope.

News Credits:
    was your left arm the one that cracked apart?

6. dark gundam

dark gundam PowerMaster

Got my copy today and from all I had been reading I was expecting the worst, especially after my Hound broke. But I am happy to say after going over this thing with a fine-tooth comb and magnifying glass, he has no cracks and no visible stress marks, the transformation was smooth and I took my time watching Emgo. So there are good copies out there. Stands up good too!

• Like Like x 9
  7. maxxzander

maxxzander Well-Known Member

Made in Vietnam or china ? 

8. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    China

9. MoonchildVic

MoonchildVic Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Auch :( 

You should consider using some cement type of glue. It's the same used to bond two pieces of plastic together in scale modeling. If done right, you can hardly see where it was broken.
    The only issue is that there are several types of it, depending on what kind of plastic you a working with.

You can check this video about some of those:

As comparison I'll leave you here a job I've done on my MP44 KO.

Those tiny bits broke after my first attempt transforming the guy.

20200907_094717.jpg

I've used the Thin Cement to try to fix it, and here's the result:

20200910_162444.jpg 20200910_162520.jpg 20200911_235604.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I used the thin cement on my hound panel that broke,melted right through it. Ive stuck with loctite since then, but maybe that was just Hound's crappy plastic

• Like Like x 2
  11. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

Liking mine so far, only issues are ankles, megatron wont peg in and I really don’t like the limited thumb articulation.
    Overall happy for the price I paid.

• Like Like x 1
  12. franpincho

franpincho unapologetic king

Mine fits much better with the left hand for some very odd reason.

• Like Like x 3
  13. gordonator

gordonator Well-Known Member

Its probably already posted somewhere within the 586 pages in this thread (let me know which page if you know), but just in case anyone missed it, I do want a split-in-half Optimus Prime shell for my Starscream :D 

starscream.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  14. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

Never liked that official "alternate transformation" mode, so I made some adjustments for a proper gerwalk mode. It can no longer stand on its own though.
    IMG_20210714_135327.jpg
    IMG_20210714_135104.jpg
    IMG_20210714_135139.jpg

Edit: for the curious, the older 1/60 Yamato Macross pilots fits nicely in the cockpits. The newer 1/72 Bandai chogokin line is tiny in comparison
    IMG_20210714_155707.jpg
    IMG_20210714_155738.jpg
    IMG_20210714_160218.jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 24
  15. Rogerimus

Rogerimus Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I feel sorry for those having cracks ... mine so far doesn't have any but I only did the first transformation.

I wanted to know if anyone has trouble pegging any guns in mp-52's hands, neither the nul rays nor megatron tab in securely for me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Yeah, his left one. The right seems fine.

Thanks, I'll have a watch. And bear in mind the melting Hound comment too!

• Like Like x 1
  17. MoonchildVic

MoonchildVic Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Thanks for pointing that out!
    Some time ago i noticed a crack on the shoulder cannon assembly, on the hinge where the screw is, and I thought about using the same method.
    I just don't know if it happened on it's own, or during one of the transformations.

18. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

Anyone know a foolproof way to getting floor polish into the ankles? I tried putting a drop on the heads of the rivets and rocking the feet back and forth to get it down inside but it doesn't go down. I also tried putting some on the seam of the ankle inside the leg but again it doesn't seem to get in.

Any advise? BTW, I'm using Revive It and it doesn't seem thin enough to be able to get in. :confused: 

• Like Like x 1
  19. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

One last post for the day. Scales nicely with the 1/60 VF-0S.
    IMG_20210714_195216.jpg
    IMG_20210714_200501.jpg
    IMG_20210714_200255.jpg
    IMG_20210714_195426.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  20. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

Finally got mine. Not had a chance to do much with it yet, but at first glance I do have two small hairline cracks on the tailfins, as per most people's experience. I do have all of the correct accessories (including faces) though, so that's good. I applied some silicone spray to the noise cone and that now rotates (although it is stiff be design). Hopefully no cracked hands when I transform it later.

It's a fair but lighter than I was expecting. Meteor is far heftier.