Masterpiece V2 Starscream Coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Samue1

Samue1 Not to be confused with Sam Witwicky

Didn’t bother setting up my backdrop so the photo quality isn’t great, but I’m just enjoying these guys:
    upload_2021-7-12_0-19-23.jpeg upload_2021-7-12_0-19-23.jpeg
    Hadn’t seen anyone recreate the coronation scene yet; so I did a quick take at that.
    upload_2021-7-12_0-19-23.jpeg
    Even though screamer’s stand isn’t ideal; it still makes for some great posing options!

• Like Like x 28
  2. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

What version of shockwave is that? That purple looks much better

• Like Like x 1
  3. BenLeong

BenLeong Well-Known Member

Both of my Starscreams came with zero cracks, zero paint blemishes, zero loose joints. Pretty much perfect in every way. One of the two did come with a duplicate straight face, but the other figure had all faces included.

My Hound came with zero cracks, zero paint issues. Super stable, strong and perfect.

My first MP44 Prime came with one bad knee. I had Amazon Japan do an exchange for a 2nd one, and it has 100% perfect knees, perfect paint, perfect everything.

• Like Like x 4
  4. crazyman

crazyman Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Only 1 of my Starscreams had a minor issue. Other was fine.

Both my Hounds still flawless.

My 1st 44 had issues and had it replaced. My 2 others are still on display.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    MP-29 with a custom paint job, I would say.

• Like Like x 3
  6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's probably just the + version, skewed by the strong white sunlighting. The purple on MMC Bruticus' chest isn't that pale in normal light levels, either.

7. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both of mine are flawless. No chipping, cracks, loose anything. all perfect. The thread is moving quickly, but lots of people have reported in with similar stories.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Peacefrog35

Peacefrog35 Well-Known Member

My Starscream has no cracks or other issues. My feet aren't floppy and I hope it stays that way. I also didn't have MP44 issues issues. He's as mint as the day I took him from the box and transformed him into bot mode.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Ratzo99

Ratzo99 Well-Known Member

I had a chance to transform mine, finally. I have to say I just LOVE him. I don't think any of these recent MP's are worth their asking price, but aside from that factor, I think they're awesome. The jet mode is still VERY pleasing despite having a fairly chunky belly.
    My biggest negatives as follows: thumbs are stuck in one position, I'd have liked for them to rotate at the base of the thumb. I also feel like the neck post should be thicker. The neck is quite stiff, so tilting and rotating makes me a bit scared of shearing the whole post off. Finally, the difference between painted and unpainted red plastic is pretty obvious/jarring (but not really in a bad way).
    • I do have minor paint imperfection(s)
    • I do have minor cracking on one tail fin post (doesn't seem to matter at all, just superficial)
    • Ankle joints seem fine...I'd prefer tighter, but they do the job.
    • I've seen many people claim all parts of this figure are painted, but I don't think that's true. I'd have to look again to be sure, but I don't believe his thighs (for example) are painted.

I transformed mine without instructions. I had watched a video the day before, but the process is pretty intuitive. The only bits I had to double-check on were because I didn't want to break anything. Rotation of the nose cone felt like it could go clockwise or counterclockwise. I wasn't sure if I had the feet properly clicked in. The wings I had actually done wrong. You can fold them up with the brake flaps either in or out, no big difference in functionality.

I haven't tried putting him back into jet mode yet, and I'm sure I have some other minor QC issues, but the figure looks and functions as intended, so any superficial cracks or stress marks really feel irrelevant to me. If I had the spare money I would order both Thundercracker and Skywarp immediately.

Final note: Anime Express did a fantastic job wrapping my order and it arrived in perfect shape through DHL, though I did take a customs fee hit when it arrived in Canada.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  10. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

It's a KO "Lavenderwave" I took completely apart, sanded down, and spray painted with this paint. The hand, barrel, and chest were painted with a custom mix of red, blue, and white.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than an empty Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    That custom really does look quite snazzy. Did you airbrush the chest/hand/barrel? The finish looks really smooth. What brand paints did you use for those parts? :) 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Thank you folks!

B44332D5-A377-44EE-AC6B-0FF1A7C1FF60.jpeg

He’s pretty good. Other than the fake cockpit, quite an intuitive transformation, the wings especially impressive.

Well done TT.

• Like Like x 12
  13. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That perspective shot is AWESOME man! :thumbs2: 

• Like Like x 2
  14. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks! Actually they were all acrylic P3 paints hand brushed in multiple very thin coats. I mix some Future into the later coats which (I think) makes them more durable as well as giving the paint a nice sheen without being glossy.

I’m pretty sensitive to chemical smells (I get intense migraines from them) so I avoid enamels and sprays whenever possible. In this case though, the only way to get that sheen on the paint body was to use the spray paint.

• Like Like x 2
  15. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Likewise! (it, unfortunately, won't matter as some don't care about reading about good copies or simply think we are lying. eefem)

Can't wait to get the other 2!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  16. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Yeah, still no cracks here, wing hinges are correct, no serious paint blemishes, etc. Just some slightly soft ankle joints quickly and easily tightened with the almighty Future floor polish.

• Like Like x 8
  17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I’m glad there are copies out there that have had no issues after transforming. I wish mine and others were like that. I think mine are fixable so I’ll try to fix it rather than go with the hassle of exchanging(if that’s even possible)/refund.

Most parts are painted but you’re right, it’s not all of them. What ended up happening is that Takara got a lot better at matching paint color with colored plastic. I was convinced the entire forearm was painted blue but some parts of it are not and you can’t tell unless you look very closely.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

He’s not literally fully painted, but nearly so. His thighs definitely are painted, you can even see where the paint on the back of his thighs stops and the backs of his knees are bare. Other unpainted areas include biceps, hands, the bases of the intakes, the red shoulder sections, the grey neck base section, and many of the grey jet joints.

• Like Like x 8
  19. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I've definitely got a tiny paint chip on the thigh (don't have time to get a pic), so proof!

• Like Like x 4
  20. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

Got mine in today. No cracks nor loose joints, so I think I'm good. Probably helps that I'm in Malaysia, so less time spent in transit from Japan (4days! Woot!)
    But yeah... Dem thumbs...not a biggie, and I think it does allow for a more natural grip on Megatron without having to deal with floppy thumbs.

Here's a quick leaning forward pose to test those knees and ankles.
    IMG_20210713_005124.jpg

• Like Like x 15