Masterpiece V2 Starscream Coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

1. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    It'll be interesting to see the amazon reviews. There havent really been any complaints on twitter besides the ankles shown earlier and he's selling/sold well enough over there, that the auction prices are $200+. When the mp 44 and 47 issues popped up you also saw a ton of opened ones on yahoo at discounted prices. Mp 44 could be got for $180 a week or so after release.

• Like Like x 2
  2. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Just take a moment to point out this is the1st G1 Starscream figure to achieve shrinking his jet wings in bot mode.

• Like Like x 9
  3. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Peoole actually complain about the wings, go figure. For every "hot damn, how'd tbey think to do that its also a " this is why toon accuracy sucks I cant bend his wings like I couls before."

• Like Like x 4
  4. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The wings are amazing. I can’t pick up an old seeker now without noticing the OBVIOUS nonsense. I literally have to hold the torso together when I pick up any MP11 mold. The wings flop down and the entire toy is just horrible. I’ve never been a massive fan of it to begin with but damn do I hate it now. And I have 12x MP11 molds.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I love that he takes up a little less space on the shelf than the last version. Partially because of the smaller wings in bot mode.

• Like Like x 6
  6. HolyCulture

News Credits:
    I love how there’s not massive tailfins hanging off the legs. It was small but it really dictated how I pose and position the shelf. The smaller wings and body size is also a big plus.

also I find it weird how even though he’s smaller he looks WAY bigger on the shelf. That’s actually really strange. I guess it’s the color and the cohesion of the torso.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Yeah right now I still have MP-11 versions of Thundercracker and Skywarp on my shelves and they look so bad next to the new hotness. It’s unbelievable. And Soundwave is looking really old as well. I’ll be shocked if he’s not coming next year.

• Like Like x 6
  8. HolyCulture

News Credits:
    I can’t believe they cranked out all 3 main seekers in one year! No sunstorm or acid digicamobullshit storm no ghost nothing! Not that I don’t want those. I definitely want a reason to toss all my 11 molds. But I can’t believe they did the main guys immediately and in quick concession. It makes me think another big G1 Decepticon is coming next year. Maybe Soundwave like you said? Who knows. I’m just excited

• Like Like x 7
  9. Peacefrog35

Peacefrog35 Well-Known Member

Talking about bringing back a lost memory.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

20210711_120205.jpg
    Got the knee guards right now. Teally awesome fig! 99.99%! Awesome!

20210711_121138.jpg

Leader of the future!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I understand why MP-52 is preferred as it was designed far more recently and Ono did a great job. MP-11 however has its roots in a design originally from at least 2003-2004 then released with refinements as MP-11 almost 10 years later and was already dated in some ways. For a figure largely based on the 2nd figure designed for the line, I think it was a good attempt at an MP Starscream.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 9
  13. HolyCulture

News Credits:
    When people like me say "Man the MP-11 mold is shit!" I think people only see my comment at face value. In reality most of us here (you obviously included) have a wide and looooong history of TF enthusiasm and interest. I know the MP11 mold is largely right at 16 years old. Technically it's the oldest mold in the soft-reboot of the MP line.

Yes, MP-3 and 11 were amazing figures at the time. They have done amazing things in toy engineering, and they are also responsible for bringing in more fans, which vicariously has continued to push interest enough for us to get to own something like 52.

It's just impossible to constantly remind the entire fandom that "11 was good too", when I am so happy to enjoy 52. If I've misinterpreted your meaning or if I've ranted sorry :D 

• Like Like x 7
  14. AndyPurro

AndyPurro Cancerous Pyro Main

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    1 week in of owning MP-52,

no new cracks forming, the ones on the tail fins are still the same, holds together as well as it did out of the box, only a few minimal stress marks one of the wing hinges where people are reporting two left/ right pieces on thier copies which I don't have any problems tabbing in whatsoever, the shoulder intakes, and only a few minor paint scrapes.

otherwise still solid! *knocks on wood*
    0B21E4D8-E5C5-4A92-AF99-FF58EC1B60D2.jpeg

Also yeah the faux canopy being cast out of translucent orange plastic still bugs me but not so as it did initially.

• Like Like x 13
  15. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My buddy swore up and down he had a “full crack” across one of his ankles…and honestly by eye it looked it.

It wasn’t until we pulled out a camera and took a macro shot that we could see it was just a mold line

• Like Like x 8
  16. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    agreed. the mp line was what got me back into collecting transformers as an adult (nevermind growing up with the g1 figures). mp3, mp4, and mp5 blew my mind bc they were so much more complex compared to the mainline releases. it’s not a fair comparison for two figures over a decade apart from one another, of course the older one will look dated. that goes for anything in life.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Fafnir72

How high can it go?! :lol 
    Anyway done and thanks again.

• Like Like x 3
  18. AndyPurro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So I take it that was a false alarm?

19. AndyPurro

News Credits:
    Anyone else noticed that Starscream be steppin' on the oppai on that manga/doujinshi?

20. Fafnir72

Each have had their time to shine alright! If one thing that bugged me as I too have Mp3 TRU Cream and Mp11 is that why was ther no cockpit locking feature? TT relied on gravity to keep it in place. Also, the disparity between the neck and shoulder alignment. Mp11 ditched the face Janus feature too. Still, both will forever be among my treasured Mps. I never got to own the other knuckleheads. Now I have both in PO locked up. Hope no more QC issues.

Btw just a heads up, the airintake paint are kind of thin, especially the insides. Avoid having sharp nails when positioning them for the anime look. I kind of chipped mine.