Masterpiece V2 Starscream MP-52

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samue1

Samue1 Not to be confused with Sam Witwicky

What was your problem with the shouting face?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be honest i would never even have noticed it if @Jarrod never spotted it. You really have to look for it. Only spotted it in my photo. I might try reach out to AE but I doubt they can do much. Out of all the issues going around, if this is the only one I have I will consider myself lucky and be happy.

Thing looks amazing!!! I got MP-11 out to compare and wow holy crap. Could be 50 years apart, not 15.

• Like Like x 4
  3. HunGrrr

HunGrrr Walks with Ezekiel's older brother

1. "By GAWD King, Megatron has the ankle lock cinched in! Can Starscream make it to the ropes, or will he tap out?"

2. Megatron "These tabs have resisted me for the last time!" Starscream "But I don't WANNA go back into jet mode!"

• Like Like x 3
  4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I think it is. I started noticing some of those pins on a few SIEGE figures but they were definitely more prevalent in Earthrise onwards to Kingdom. Screws tend to provide less screwups so I hope those return, both in the mainlines and MP.
    Vertical stabilizers. Ailerons are the outermost folding parts on the wings with part of the wing stripes painted on them that fold for robot mode.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rogerimus

Rogerimus Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just received mine, Am I good or do I need to worry ?

8833D63E-70AB-45B4-A218-21D457766F1F.jpeg

other annoying thing
    972C9E44-C727-45AD-907C-C060FEE57446.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

You've got a slight stress mark on the left ankle so it could be a little loose. It doesn't look like there's a crack so you should be able to tighten it if it's loose.

• Like Like x 2
  7. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    You really need to remove the plastic and fully inspect it. I will say you have a stress mark at the edge of one of your cylinders but this isn't necessarily the end if the world. Mine has a stress mark there, but the feet can easily hold weight and balance, and it shows no signs of worsening so far. The real question is did you manage to get undamaged stabilizers?

8. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    "Nooooooo!!!! I don't want to eat my cyber-broccoli!!!!!"

• Like Like x 3
  9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Probably due to price, since Takara is officially and usually costs more, the expectations are higher. If Takara was to have better factory oversight to prevent all the issues we’ve witnessed out of the box with MP-52, you’d have more people onboard with it.

With that said this doesn’t need to turn into yet another official VS 3p thread. I’ve seen the 3p Starscreams and they had different approaches so they’re not really a 1 for 1 alternative to MP-52 IMO. For example MakeToys Meteor was not only designed years ago but went full on cartoon for jet mode while robot mode kind of sort of did but not all the way. Whereas MP-52 emphasized a full on cartoon robot mode yet has some realistic details on the F-15 mode.

So far with MP-52, ankle issues seem common, same with cracks beneath the vertical stabilizers. However there’s been at least 1 copy with a missing horizontal stabilizer rivet, some with extremely loose knees which may actually be missing ratchets(that’s how Bobby Skullface’s copy looked when moved), some with loose leading edge parts that connect to the intakes in robot mode, some with missing faces, duplicate hinges, et al

For me, a return/exchange would be a potential gamble/hassle, my copy has cracks which I may be able to repair myself. Nothing is missing on my copy but if anything was, that’s when I’d definitely look into returning it for a refund/exchange. For the price of the toy, anyone is absolutely right to say these problems shouldn’t occur. However given that these are imported items and aftermarket support has usually(in years past) been nonexistent(take into account, places like AmiAmi used to never offer replacements/exchanges), I’ve gotten used to repairing what I could on my own. By the time Thundercracker, Skywarp and any other release of this mold are released, those shouldn’t have the issues MP-52 had. The cracks are caused by installation of the pins. I think using screws instead would be better.

• Like Like x 9
  10. Rogerimus

Rogerimus Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tail fins are fine thx

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    As I mentioned (in the bold), please do correct me. Thanks.

12. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    Thanks @Dean ML you as well :) 
    I’m loving the figure. The transformation was really fun and intuitive. He has tons of personality. I can’t wait to have more time to play with him later this weekend.
    I do have issues with the ankles being loose. No cracks. I’ve done two sessions of floor polish the last one being last night so I’ll see if that has any impact. If not I’ll add more. My left forearm cover does secure well but some polish there will fix that up too. There’s something off with the paint on my smirking face. The eyes look wonky and there is missed paint on the mouth. I want to see if I can fix it because that would be my preferred face but the smile I like too and makes him look like he’s up to something.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Since we all been focusing on the bad, why not some sunshine?

1. Those nullrays. Who would have thought to make them collapsible and add the option to attach on those extensions? MP Moment!

2. Making those vertical stabilizers fold onto the sandwich back wings? There bye getting rid o the kind of an eyesore on the ankles ever since the G1 F-15 Eagle acrobat type from Diaclone. MP Moment!

3. Folding those mini(?) vertical stabilizers (again, correct me folks) into his shins (who'd have thought of that? Though kinda reminds me of MP Hound). MP Moment!

4. The false cockpit.........not an MP Moment but a fair give and take to make him anime accurate ( you've come a long way baby since MP-11, that difference between the neck and shoulder always bugged me).

5. The OG G1 had that no locking cockpit issue which kind off carried over into the MP version, now no more swinging loose cockpit chest.

6. Great use of a backpack. Not too obtrusive (or is it just a optical illusion of sorts?)

7. Not gonna complain on the lack of waist swivel.

• Like Like x 10
  14. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Smirk face has a chipped tooth ( do robots go to a cyber dentist?)!:lol 

• Like Like x 2
  15. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  16. aurance

aurance Well-Known Member

God dammit guys, I don't give a crap if it's 3p or TT, whatever figure I buy I just want them to not be QC roulettes. The 3p vs. TT discussions are just a distraction from helping people figure out whether they should buy this thing or not from a QC standpoint.

I definitely wanted to pick up the Skywarp version of this but for this level of expense I shouldn't have to pan-fry-saute-sous-vide my $200+ toy and/or have it come with cracks (regardless of whoever made it). If that's the case I'd rather not get it and I don't think I'd be the only one.

• Like Like x 10
  17. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

I can't hold any sympathy for people complaining about the lack of waist swivel. We all knew early on this thing wasn't going to have that feature, the design simply didn't allow for it.
    If you're carrying on like you were swindled or the design is trash because of that one "flaw", you have only yourself and your false expectations to blame. It's not the toy's or Takara's fault.

• Like Like x 14
  18. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Mine didn't have a crack.........waaait, that didn't sound right!:drunk 

• Like Like x 5
  19. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Looks like the plastic inside your right air intake is slightly misformed. It caused mine to to not fit properly. Hope yours is working fine.

20. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Once you saw how the nosecone broke down to fit in his back, it was like " Okay, I see why"
    Then again dollars to donuts the people complaining about a lack of waist swivel probably don't complain about lack of full elbow and knee articulation which is also "pretty basic"

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.