Masterpiece V2 Starscream Coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

1. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Bobby did a really good honest review. He spoke the truth with no sugar coating.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering a bunch of posts in this thread and in the problems/fixes thread I don't think that's the case.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dead End14

Dead End14 Well-Known Member

He's entitled to his opinion. There are no objective reviews of course. But I believe that ever since Takara went "full" toon that he just doesn't like them anymore.

In my opinion MP-52 is one Takara's best. Better than MP-44.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Dead End14

My bad, I might have been a bit hasty there.. better edit that out before I get more replies on that poor bit :) 

5. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Nah, he likes plenty of stuff, he's just not really a Takara fan. We all like different stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wasatchatron

Wasatchatron Well-Known Member

I've 100% moved on to legends. I got MP52 solely because MP 11s outdated design and lack of ankle tilt was making me crazy. 52 looks awesome and is in the display where 11 once stood. That said...I received the Legends newage cyclops (shockwave) yesterday and I can't stop looking at it. I prefer legends as they look great yet have simpler transformations, take up less space and you can take them anywhere. Not to mention they're durable AF and impossible to break if they take a fall given how light weight they are. Oh yeah and a fraction of the cost of MP.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than an empty Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    I feel like some people place far too much weight on the subjective opinions of youtube reviewers, particularly Bobby. Their opinions/criticisms/praises are 100% valid of course, and I enjoy watching them for diffent opinions, transformation guides, etc. But I wouldn't use them as the entire basis for, or to validate my own opinion, on a figure.

Having said that I'm a massive hypocrite because I went and bought Spinout after seeing Sixo's video. So ignore me :p 

• Like Like x 10
  8. Dead End14

I wish I stepped into TF collecting later, and skipped MP for Legends... but it's what it is.

• Like Like x 2
  9. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right foot right?

10. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Here's where mine is cracked on the inside not on that post bit no glue is saving that you can see stress marks too the left foot has stress marks in the same place but no crack, not as loose as the right side but both feet are loose enough for it not to be able to hold a proper pose the figure leans forward at the slightest touch!!!!!! i regret buying this from anime export now wish i had gone with omegalock/tfs-express at least then i could send it back with no hassle

20210707_144529.jpg

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

20210707_215316.jpg 20210707_215246.jpg

Just opened Cream. No cracks out of the box. How long will this luck last?:lolol 

• Like Like x 4
  12. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Thank God for the miracle that is Future floor polish. His ankles are as tight as you could want em now and will hold any pose. Best $7 I ever spent on this hobby. My copy feels perfect now (knock on wood).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 30
  13. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    honestly fuck takara! in 2 minds whether or not to cancel the other 2 on pre order , tad gutted great looking figure that can't stand properly

• Like Like x 2
  14. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    No one does a locked knee pose like you Dean! Also why do the forward positioned intakes look perfect in your photos but weird to me in real life when I try to do it :lol 

• Like Like x 9
  15. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

My tastes generally aligns with BSF too, but while I do like my MP-52, I can totally see why he would hate his copy. I'm OK with having to fix my toys, even expensive ones, if it can be fixed. So I'm happy with my MP-52 despite having somewhat loose ankles that I had to tighten (although not as loose as BSF's copy) and the right stabilizer housing crack that I don't think is really a problem. BSF's copy seems to be kind of a disaster with loose ankles, non-functioning left hip outward ratchet, and even super loose bits on the wings. I'd probably be unhappy with his copy of MP-52 too.

I do disagree with him on the proportions though. Without doing a side-by-side with the cartoon, MP-52 looked great proportions-wise to me since I got it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    managed to get it to stand with out falling or leaning but that right foot don't look right the ankle is sunken into the lower leg...........need to try and appreciate the rest of the figure that sort of took the this is a great looking figure out of it

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Aw thanks, pal! Means a lot from the reigning photo/pose king! Are you getting them tabbed in the forward position? I didn’t realize they did that in the forward position at first, but I used my pinky, suck it inside the intakes and pushed down on the base to flatten it out and voila!

Flight stand fun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  18. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

Looking at the location of your ankle crack/stress mark, I think you can probably still tighten it with some joint tightening agent if you can get it into the joint. Most of the ankle cracks appear on the receptacle side of that joint (the section directly behind the foot). Yours is on the peg side for some reason, so in theory it should be able to be tightened.

19. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    yeah i might have to try it

20. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Aw man don't you dare call me that with the likes of you and @Sam around and pretty much everyone else taking photos in this thread! :lol  I'll have to make sure I have them tabbed correctly and also taking advantage of the forward neck joint you clued me into, as well as futuring up my ankles!

• Like Like x 3