Masterpiece V2 Starscream Coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

For me the first time going back to jet mode was a giant pain because of that middle section. But once I finally realized that you need to plug tabs on the parts the main wings are attached to into the slots on the blue arm parts, as well as tabbing the backs of the thighs into those same parts, it makes the whole top of the jet much flatter and helps to keep that middle section flat and in place as well.

• Like Like x 5
  2. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

You learn something new everyday, buddy! :thumb 

Interestingly enough it was delivered by the Royal Mail and not Parcel force which it's usually delivered by..at least to my end and there were no customs charges on mine, something to celebrate.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  3. MoonchildVic

MoonchildVic Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I had that issue. (Posted about it a couple of pages back)
    They were tabbing in, but not as deep as they should and that was making the shoulders intakes to pop everytime i touch them.

I ended up using a piece of fine grit sandpaper on the upper part of both the tab and the slot. I did it lightly and tested the fit every now and then just to make sure i didn't took too much plastic. Now they fit perfectly!

If you need i can upload some photos with the places where I sanded marked.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the key to jet mode is making sure you have both the bottom and top tabs of the arms tabbed in. If you don’t you’re going to struggle trying to force things in to place

• Like Like x 5
  5. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

How do you manage to do it (and where do you put it)?
    I bought a small bottle of Vallejo just for that. It comes with a pipette, but I am not sure how to actually apply it. I could put a droplet of the liquid on the head of the rivet, but how would it soak into the hole?

6. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    No factory will be able to work in grand scale amid covid unless you expect some dead people in factory

7. Paco Grande

Yes I was assuming he knew about the bottom arm tabs. On my copy those arm tabs don’t actually hold. So I just place the arms in the right place with the tabs in the slots. But it can be annoying because the arms tend to move when you’re working on something else.

• Like Like x 3
  8. tadhgoc

tadhgoc Well-Known Member

I've come to the stage that I'm actually dreading this release. :( 

9. Paco Grande

I did put some joint tightener around the rivet head and then rotated the joint to try and work it inside. My rivet head no longer rotates with the foot. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad. The main place to put the liquid is along the seam between the ankle and the leg where the rotation for the ankle happens. There are a few posts in this thread that do a better job describing it. I usually put the liquid along the gap between the parts that move. On this figure that gap isn’t a gap at all. It’s very tight. After you put the liquid on the joint gap, rotate the foot for a while to work the fluid into the gap. Then let it sit and harden. With Kiki they tell you to move the joint once in a while until it cures to stop it from bonding the two parts together. They say to move the joint at maximum 24 hours after application to avoid issues. I usually rotate the joint 5-8 hours after application just to make sure it’s not stuck. Then I let it sit until the next day. I hope that helps!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I didn’t say grand scale nor am I expecting people to die to make a perfect MP-52 and while Covid did affect things, don’t get me wrong but the MP line has had more issues since 2017 before Covid. Issues aren’t new to the MP line, the prevalence of them isn’t either. As someone who collected the MP line since MP-01 almost 20 years ago, I’m well aware. If I didn’t support this line I would’ve never bought MP-52. All I’m providing is constructive criticism.

MP-52 if assembled properly could be a much stronger figure than MP-03 and MP-11. The fact that those 2 didn’t suffer as much assembly breakages out of the box, given how much more care had to be taken with their transformation, speaks volumes. Using screws instead of rivets, could’ve made a big difference IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

Anyone had theirs from Kapow yet? Mine's still sitting in processing, but I swear they were supposed to ship in two batches last Friday/today.

12. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than an empty Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    There are a worrying number of QC issues for sure but by no means is it guaranteed on all copies, nor anywhere near as bad as Hound. Many people have issue-free figures as well, hopefully yours will be too :) 

• Like Like x 4
  13. Mike Witwicky

Mike Witwicky Loyal Lieutenant

Looks like somebody from DHL tried to kick my Starscream through the uprights. Sigh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So disappointed right now.

• Like Like x 10
  14. tturbozx66

tturbozx66 Well-Known Member

My 52 is future proof.

B43D01D4-0B79-42FE-91DE-EF3EFCC1416F.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  15. tturbozx66

Man that sucks. My local DHL’s service have been shitty lately.

16. FattyMoBookyBut

FattyMoBookyBut Well-Known Member

I order 100% of my figures online and 90% of them show up that way. It's a fact of life if you're ordering from overseas and the sooner you accept it, the sooner you can move past it.

If you care about boxes, I'd say make all your orders through BigBadToyStore. They pack them up in sturdy cardboard and some heavy duty bubblewrap. But it'll cost you more naturally.

• Like Like x 2
  17. tturbozx66

Most Japanese retailers ship in sturdy boxes. AMJ is the only one I can think of that ship with flimsy boxes. Luckily, I haven’t had issues with my shipments from them because of the cardboard backing and plastic wrap. This looks like an issue with the shipping company, DHL. I have plenty of issues from shipments within the US.

18. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Just gave him his first transformation. Good stuff.

Side note: Not sure why so many are commenting on "the difficulty of tightening up the ankles".
    There are at least 3 distinctive spots that take on a q-tip of Future perfectly. I can post photos if needed. But there is the front and back of where the ankle pivots, and a very clear shot at the inner side of the pin, that can take on a drizzle of Future as well.

I see no difference in finding these friction points that need Future than any other figure I've had to use Future on.

But I digress ......this thing is great.

Another side note: I had no cracks in the tailfin structure, but literally saw and heard the TINIEST one form the first time I turned the fin. Nothing that thin wipe of Gorilla glue won't fix however. No biggie.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Gavatron83

Gavatron83 Active Member

Still waiting for my order to ship from BigBadToyStore.
    Might be my last order from them since they're taking to darn long!

• Like Like x 2
  20. tturbozx66

It's because they have cracked hinges. No amount of future will fix that. The extra friction from future will widen the crack.

• Like Like x 1