Masterpiece V2 Starscream Coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

1. BenLeong

BenLeong Well-Known Member

Glad you were able to remedy it.

I haven’t been able to see how those cracks even get there for a lot of people. Is it that the blue tail fins have too much friction at the swivel for some owners? Mine don’t have any cracks, but they also move/swivel freely when not clipped into place.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    And it's weird that it's only on 1 side in many cases, since the other one has no visible cracks at all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

On my copy the right tail fin is super tight. I even put some shock oil on it and it was still pretty tight. Plus having to angle it a tiny bit to pop it free from the little nub so you can spin it might be causing stress to the piece that gets the cracks. Mine hasn't cracked yet thankfully but I won't be shocked if it does. If it does it can be fixed so i'm not too worried in the long run.

4. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Transformed him back to jet mode for the third time and took 15 min. Feel like wanting to keep doing it because I am addicted:drunk 

IMG_20210703_095220.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  5. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

Not sure. I have one in storage somewhere that I might dig out

6. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    It's probably a flaw in the manufacturing process i.e. some of the workers probably punched in the rivet too hard in some cases and not others.

This thing is turning out to be quite a lottery. I should have waited for the second run.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmmm first thing I'm gonna do when mine comes is heat that tail fin area for a while see if I can relax any residual stress before a crack opens up if I'm not too late.

• Like Like x 2
  8. PernStar

PernStar Well-Known Member

The MP-3 was my first Masterpiece figure, and was the first figure I ever got directly from Japan, way back in late 2006. Here’s to almost 15 years of G1 Masterpiece Starscreams!
    180C7B9D-1B91-4348-8578-AEA8E1FCD2FF.jpeg

• Like Like x 29
  9. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

26BF98F2-C527-42B5-914D-8B51B90C6487.jpeg

In love.

• Like Like x 31
  10. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    1st transformation went flawlessly
    67923C6F-4FB6-4BE2-9067-8BF68D4FBA7F.jpeg

• Like Like x 23
  11. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Starscream was just delivered from some dude in a regular car and he didn’t ring the bell. I just happened to be looking out the window when he showed up. So DHL is apparently using another courier to get these out. Anyway I’m super happy I didn’t have to wait until Monday! I hope yours shows up soon if it hasn’t already!

• Like Like x 9
  12. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

So, after receiving Starscream on Wednesday, I finally found the time to transform him.
    Some remarks and some questions

Remarks:
    - It looks very nice in jet mode, though the red intakes on mine are a bit floppy and tend to swing down at the slightest touch.
    - I'm not 100% sure if the grey jet mode underbelly is supposed to clip into the red chest pieces. There seems to be a slot, but it does not hold.
    - Transformation to bot mode is pretty simple with the one exception being the turning off the nose cone. The first time is really tight, after that it gets easier. Hold him below the cockpit with one hand and on the side of the cone with the other (more area to apply force than when you hold it on top and bottom) and turn clockwise.
    - Bot mode looks great. On mine, one blue arm panel won't close fully, and one upper leg swivel is pretty loose (no kneeling poses on that knee). Other than that all seems okay so far.

Questions:
    - Is there a fix for the not fully closing blue arm panel (e.g. shave off some material)?
    - When pegging in the wings to the backpack with the dark grey pieces, should they go in all the way so that everything sits flush? Mine only go in a bit even with some force as if the hole was not big enough.

EDIT:
    Another thing that I noticed:
    Both feet are very loose, so if I don't balance Starscream carefully, he tends to fall over forward. Given that the feet are not held with screws, I don't think there is a way to make them tighter :( .

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Orion Ghia

Orion Ghia Co-Host of AARGH! MY OPTICS!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Heh I could have done with this. I managed but it is tough getting the panels on the top side of the alt-mode to line up just right... reminds me of some of the issues we've had with the Beast Wars MPs (but not nearly as frustrating). I got there though and over all the transformations is thankfully pretty straight forward. I hear there's a new 'lead designer' on the team, well if this is a sign of what's to come this I'm very pleased indeed. I did notice the tabs that are part of the dark grey squares got a tiny bit misshapen from the tight fit in the recesses in the wings, no biggy and possibly my fault/avoidable but something to be aware off.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rubber John

Rubber John Toei all the way

Ebay:
    The grey tabs on the back were the only thing I struggled with. After some force, they did eventually push in flush.
    I made sure to un-transform all the wing pieces before pushing though so pressure was applied to as few panels as possible.
    Of course, there is also the double hinge that needs to be aligned properly before attempting this.

• Like Like x 5
  15. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

Updating on my previous attempt at tightening the ankle joint with Vallejo reducer. I noticed that it initially seemed to tighten the ankle joint a bit, but the effect sort of wore off after using the ankle joint after several posing. Upon examining the ankle joint again, I noticed that you can see the rivet visible from the outside actually moves with the ankle, meaning that when I dripped the paint reducer into the pinhole on the inside, it has zero effect on tightening the joint since the rivet is already bound to that pinhole. Only the drop I put into the seam opposite the pinhole on the inside would have had any effect. So I'm trying alternate location for the paint reducer application as follows:

Vallejo reducer:
    [​IMG]

A couple of drops here as pointed to by my skewer stick:
    [​IMG]

A couple of drops here in the joint seam from the inside. I previously put the drop here and that pinhole seen in this picture. Turns out putting the drop in the pinhole would have zero effect. Move the joint back and forth several times after application to work the solution in. It's supposed to harden in a day or two.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, I hope this will have better tightening effect for the ankle joint. I'll report back in a day or two on how it worked out.

• Like Like x 11
  16. BrutiKing

BrutiKing #1 Siege Crosshairs Fan

News Credits:
    If I recall, someone broke they grey panel behind starscream's jetmode cockpit? I forgot to take pictures, but I had mine broken (Canada day weekend, some people visiting broke it smh), so if you need help fixing it, I figured out how to do it. Just quote me or anything of the sort and I'll walk you through it.

• Like Like x 7
  17. MSWF377

MSWF377 Michael Scarn

7D878F22-FB5D-412F-A512-F5B4CACAA66D.jpeg He’s making a play for the top MP spot

• Like Like x 18
  18. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Despite not being terribly excited when I received him, I really like the toy. I have no need for any other seeker in this mold but Starscream feels like a must have in animation form.

19. tturbozx66

tturbozx66 Well-Known Member

my copy also has the loose ankles, which made posing a chore. I added future to all three spots yesterday and it seems to be hold well.

• Like Like x 2
  20. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gentleman and scholar as always. I think it was @Ikkstakk who posted second time around?

• Like Like x 1