Masterpiece V2 Starscream Coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

1. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    In your robot mode picture, you’ve (purposefully?) mistransformed the shoulder intakes. They don’t lock into place very securely in that position. If you swivel them back as per the instructions, they should tab in pretty well and not budge when handling. Unless you’ve got a bum copy.

His knee pads can also slide up to complete his look.

Hope he’ll grow on you :) 

• Like Like x 3
  2. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Ah, thank you for that! I was using the instructions until I got to the nosecone twisting part that was so hard to budge I was scared I was doing something wrong, then I looked at a video. Used that to finish transformation and apparently got the intakes wrong. They look better further back, and do lock in well like you said.

I guess if I tighten up his ankles and do some tab sanding, I can make this closer to what I expected. First impressions just have an impact though.
    From what others have told me, I think my issue with the legs locking into place way too tightly is unique to my copy, and not all nose cones are so tight that you split the entire assembly some by the force required to rotate it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bluevalkyrie

bluevalkyrie timey wimey elevator oscillator

Ugh. My copy was estimated to arrive today from amiami using DHL, but the tracking says it never left Cincinnati. More waiting for me, I guess. :oops: 

4. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I can't agree with most of your criticisms, I just didn't have those problems with my copy, but I 100% agree with the hand thing, because I like having open hand gestures and that hand design and those static thumbs are kinda trash. Takara could have (and has in the past) done that a little better.

• Like Like x 1
  5. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

banking.jpg
    don't have mp-29+ nor blue-background, but here's a quickie snap of the iconic scene...

shockwave-riding-starscream.jpg

:ev: 

• Like Like x 26
  6. NSJ23

NSJ23 can’t think of something witty..

So after having mine for half a day the only minor issue i have is the reversed wing hinge/clip thing on the right wing in bot mode. left double clips, the right will either clip at the hinge or into the tail fin but not both.

non-issue related pic:
    385CC6AE-9C9D-4FE5-A806-1CFC1A4E8F71.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  7. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I don't always have a deskbot, but when I do, I prefer MP-52!

IMG_20210702_141925961.jpg

• Like Like x 28
  8. SalamiDynamo

SalamiDynamo Active Member

I had this exact same issue on that exact intake - it's easy to sand down but I just sent it back since it's so prominent.

Dont force it down - you're guaranteed to cause a stress mark

9. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 12
  10. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Well I was hoping to get this figure before the weekend but DHL appears to be trolling me. It arrived yesterday in my city but it was Canada Day so no deliveries. Then this morning it said the shipment was on hold. Fair enough due to the holiday yesterday. But then at 2:50 this afternoon it said out for delivery so I was super happy. But it’s 11:00pm here now and still nothing so I guess I’m not getting it until Monday. Stop toying with my emotions DHL!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    I was waiting for someone to post this sort of gerwalk mode with the arms out. I had done it earlier this week but hadn’t taken out the stand yet so couldn’t take a proper photo. Looks good.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    What got me was the null ray transform. So simple yet elegant, and never done before (as far as I’m concerned).

• Like Like x 2
  13. OCDChad

OCDChad Well-Known Member

I wonder why they didn't put a bit of a curve on the intakes.

14. DoodleBrandon

DoodleBrandon Well-Known Member

Ha! I actually just watched this episode tonight and when it got to this scene I wondered how long it would be before someone recreated it

15. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Well your smart-ass video didn't prove anything about the copy of this Starscream figure that I have here in front of me, and you were real specific about not pushing the parts that have the issues I mentioned in a way that would show what I meant.

The thrusters on mine move so easily that the weight of the purple effect parts in them made them tilt down from whatever direction I moved the jet. After getting it to bot mode, I think they can be pushed in and locked into place, but they were jiggly right out of the box and I couldn't get them to lock into place in when I was trying in jet mode. Didn't want to put a lot of force on my $260 toy either though. The red intakes, wings, and rear fins moved easily when I bumped them at all when handling.
    The somewhat loose parts on mine aren't even a big deal to me though. Just something the old version and the 3rd party ones I have handled didn't have much of.

I'd make a video to show what I'm talking about, but I'm not transforming this back to jet mode just for that.

At any rate, oh great defender of toy, I was speaking of my own experience with the one I have. My problem is the amount of force it took to peg in and move some parts. I don't like being worried so much about breaking such an expensive figure just by transforming it, but I will probably mod mine to fix the issues since it is otherwise really cool.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DHL is a buncha idiots. They tried to deliver Wednesday at 9:30pm but work closed at 8:30pm. I know I locked the doors. So I rescheduled on their website for Monday. Got the confirmation email and everything. Thursday was closed for holiday. They tried to deliver today(Friday) after work closed at 5pm today. Ugh. Watch them try again on Saturday.

17. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

No roasting here brother. You bought MP52 and you have the right to say whatever you what. Whether I agree or not with your words is irrelevant. Maybe we can all learn a thing or two from our shared experience with this MP. Let’s keep the opinions coming. I do hope you enjoy MP52 more in the coming days.

• Like Like x 8
  18. BenLeong

BenLeong Well-Known Member

Just transformed both of mine for the first time. For the first one, I used TMan’s video review. But because the transformation is so damn simple, solid, and intuitive, I easily did the second all by myself from memory in about 60 seconds. What a refreshing surprise, especially compared to the exploded puzzles that were Megatron and Prime.

I’m happy to report that, after inspecting every millimeter, both of my figures had almost zero of the issues I’d read a couple of you had. No hinge or cockpit cracks, no duplicate/misassembled shin or wing hinges, no loose heel jets, no problems with the shoulder intakes tabbing in completely perfectly aligned and solid, no problems with any other tabs perfectly tabbing in solid, and no paint scratches, chips or blemishes. And because of the sturdy tabs, both Starscreams feel about as rock solid as any of the old MP car bots. He is without a doubt my favorite MP figure to date. Takara nailed it.

The only glitches are:

—The first figure has a duplicate of the plain closed-mouth face. But the second figure correctly came packaged with all 6.
    —The first figure has the commonly reported thing where his left forearm panel doesn’t close completely flush after taking the hand out—there is a very tiny gap. But the second figure beautifully has both forearm panels close completely flush and solid.
    —The first figure has medium stiffness in all of his friction, ratchet, and soft ratchet joints. But the second figure has a lot more friction in all joints, making him rock solid in all poses.

All in all, they’re both fantastic. The second one is the one I’ll be keeping though, since it’s essentially 100/100 perfect. And I’ll probably just send the first one back, citing the duplicate face. I can’t WAIT for Skywarp and Thundercracker to arrive.

4AE7EA01-8A01-4C8E-AF63-FD7A9245BA80.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  19. BenLeong

BenLeong Well-Known Member

Oh, and you can definitely slide that butt flap up a bit! Makes a big improvement when looking at the figure from the front.

• Like Like x 4
  20. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    60 seconds??! Wow, that’s insane.

• Like Like x 3