Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.
Yep. Exact same spot and side as the one in the video.
I missed out on the TFS-E listing for this way back when, as I was expecting it to be on Omegalock. I decided I didn't want to pay more than £200 for it, so I resigned myself to making do with Meteor. Anyway, tonight I saw a bunch of pics that made me reconsider, particularly as I just got a bit of extra cash and have hardly bought anything since March 2020, so I went looking. Long and short, I was surprised that Kapow had it up as a pre-order, so I grabbed one. At £215 I'm not happy to read about these cracking issues, but that appears to be par for the course with Takara these days. For the money it's pretty much inexcusable, but there ya go.
I don't love everything about it. The back and profile views aren't great, and of course the lack of a waist swivel is lamentable as I genuinely use that a lot when posing my collection, but from the front or slightly off axis it looks really nice (I find myself saying that about almost everything Takara releases now). I do think the new Deformation Space version looks to be an interesting hybrid of this and MakeToys' Meteor, but I didn't want to take the chance that they'd only do Screamer (been burned by MT's Coneheads).
Gotta have the full set though, so predictably I also popped over to Omegalock and paid the deposits on Thundercracker and Skywarp. It's been an expensive evening and October onwards is looking pricey with all the balances due. I'm encouraged that people think it's a step in the right direction though, even if it's got a few issues.
It’s here!!! The creamy goodness is here!!!
On my copy there isn’t an issue with tolerance on the blue tail fin. It actually moved smoothly when I rotated it. I’m not sure what caused the crack, but it wasn’t there straight out of the box. I made sure to check those spots before doing anything since it had already been pointed out. Just take it slow, be patient and careful and you should be fine. I do wish there weren’t so many scary fragile parts on figures that cost this much. I had several moments that were really fun, and a few that felt kind of stressful. I had to watch that TT video and there’s no one telling you what to do which is sometimes helpful. I realize any narration would be in Japanese anyway, but there’s no way I’m gonna try to do it on my own. There are some intuitive moments, but it certainly helps to have a guide of some sort.
Yeah, sounds more like a tolerance issue than anything. Sounds like the crack is relieving some pressure. Hound issues didnt take long at all they came broken out the box sometimes and there were several breakage points. Pretty much all you can do us be careful short of maybe removing it and sanding something down. Someone mentioned you may need some lubes and that would explain the different experiences. The guy in the video had a couple of points were he was saying it was scary.
Where? Am I missing a joke?
Just got mine in Arizona. Used the video. I checked the crack spots people have been mentioning and didn't find any. And I ain't looking again! If I don't see them, they aren't there.
A few things to note:
1. There were some spots that did NOT feel good transforming. No one can deny that this is a pretty brilliant bit of engineering, but there were multiple times I was sure I was going to break something.
2. That stress fracture on the back tail stabilizer could be a result of going the wrong way (I watched the video three times before I tried it) or the fact that you have to tab the wing into a small nub on the other side. This requires a bit of push and over. I nudged it ever so gently any time I had to swing it or reverse it and I luckily didn't end up with any cracks.
3. That damn nose cone rotation. I tried soft. I tried harder. I tried "OH GOD I"M GOING TO BREAK IT BUT I WANT HIM TRANSFORMED!" and nothing would happen. I watched the video. Tried again. Watched the video, tried the OTHER direction because I was starting to think "What if the video was reversed?" Finally, somehow, it just gave, but it wasn't pretty. I HATED that part.
4. The tabbing of the main wing housings into the back when you're almost done. For some reason the right one was effortless. The left one on the other hand would not tab no matter what I did. The whole time, the wings are creaking and flopping around and I was convinced I'd snap something. Not a good time. Finally, I managed to leverage it in there, but it wasn't a comfortable transition at all.
5. Anyone else having an issue turning his head? I find that the little hung that connects him to the "neck" seems a bit flimsy. When I try to rotate his head by pinching his head, there's a definite feeling that it's going to snap so I stopped. I then got some needle-nose pliers and tried to turn the neck joint that way and couldn't do it. It's not a deal breaker for me, but I'm starting to think it DOESNT rotate.
Anyway, bottom line is that I love the dude. I never transform mine more than once and everyone ends up in bot mode so I'm happy he got there in one piece and he just looks amazing. Smarmy, full of character, looks so much like the cartoon. Can't complain. Just. Be. Careful.
Enjoy!! Mine is now with a delivery courier - oh for my last job when I was able to work from home hahaha.
Hopefully I’ll have some fun with Screamer when I get home!
this part freaks me out more than any tiny microcrack, every time i do it i hate it lol.
edit: also the more i transform this back and forth the more i'm impressed, especially going back to jet mode, with all the sneaky little tabs that peg everything into place.
I can’t wait to transform my Starscream again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again….
And again, and again, and again…
Showed him to my gf and the first thing she said was: “he’s so cute!”
When I explained to her who he was and what he’s all about, she said: “he can’t be the leader, he has too many colors!”
I think she’s on to something..
Love how he looks with Megatron
here's a nice jet mode, and an bonus image!
spot the crack
What do I win?
my mp hound that i don't feel like transforming
so was this before transformations or after ?
Is the tail fin pinned in or screwed in?
Anyone else's rear landing gear just flops around loosely inside his feet?
Just got mine - overall think he's cool and way more solid thank MP-44 (although a couple small parts of the transformation felt scary because you're afraid to move a part in the wrong direction). However, we have an unfortunate and strange QC issue where one of my intakes are warped! Anyone have any ideas how to fix?? I can force it to collapse to finish the transformation but I'm afraid it'll form a stress mark and eventually break.
Separate names with a comma.