Masterpiece V2 Starscream Coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Wasatchatron

Wasatchatron Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    As much as this does look so much better than the original Masterpiece toy, I want Takara to adopt a “right first time” approach instead of going back and redoing characters every few years. You make a toy, you get it right, you move on. There are other characters that need their first Masterpiece toy yet some are on their second and third.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I see what @lord ginrai is referring to. Now that we know what area is what( looks like faux cockpit does t move) you can see the lip that's yellowed in the light, appears much closer to the gray surrounding it in recess.
    imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-kKtF4yh6e2l2Q5L.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  4. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    you caught me all-time crush :p 

• Like Like x 4
  5. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Agreed. As soon as they give us a new Soundwave, Sideswipe, Ironhide/Ratchet, Grimlock, Wheeljack, Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen, Tracks, Rodimus Prime, Hot Rod, and Skids they should definitely stop making version 2.0s

• Like Like x 9
  6. HAL237

HAL237 Star Saber Backer #3034

9ADFA0C5-71C4-4CAE-A58B-3135D2FF6462.jpeg

• Like Like x 48
  7. Agent 539

Agent 539 Blackrock Gas Attendant TFW2005 Supporter

Seriously. Starscream was on Cybertron when he wanted to blow up the Earth for energy though. I could have sworn Megatron had a space bridge in the cave to escape to Cybertron.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Agent 539

Agent 539 Blackrock Gas Attendant TFW2005 Supporter

So it’s safe to assume that they’re using two different Star Creams to display in bot and alt mode.The bot Star Cream could be an older production sample and the jet Cream may be a sample closer to release.

• Like Like x 2
  9. kshaps

kshaps Busting Deceptichops

Ebay:
    99% positive its the same bot. The same paint scratches/bubbles appear in both.

• Like Like x 5
  10. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The fact that the color variation is "consistent across all of these photos" means nothing, because they were all taken at the same time under the same lighting conditions in the same environment.

• Like Like x 14
  11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    That’s what people thought they were doing when the line started almost 20 years ago. Highly doubtful it’ll ever go back to that.

If the entire middle chest with the canopy is molded out of transparent plastic but painted just outside of the canopy…I’m not so sure that’s something anyone would want. Normally for a piece like that the canopy would be a separate piece from the cockpit. I had no idea this might end up like this until the recent photos, it wasn’t evident in prior photos. Definitely wasn’t evident in the initial resin prototypes but that may be due to Takara painting over the outside of the canopy with a thick primer.

• Like Like x 6
  12. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    I have to say this kinda dims my excitement a bit.

• Like Like x 3
  13. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

After they milked the sh*t out of the original seeker AND the MP-11 upgrade, of course this was coming. You'll have a version 4 seeker before you ever see an official Beachcomber, Warpath, or Insecticons. Absolutely Zero repaint potential in those figures.

I suppose this makes some sense as they've taken MP in the supertoon direction and the old seekers don't really fit the current aesthetics. I'm surprised they didn't all get a + repaint prior to this mold being released though. Just leaving $ on the table Has/Tak...

Honestly, I think if you're waiting for official figures to complete a cast/collection you'd be wise to abandon that hope. Probably a big part of the reason Hasbro doesn't go after 3P/MP. Churning out seeker repaints is a lot more profitable than designing one offs.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    It was a killjoy for me in recent pics. Seeing the frame, I was like “oh okay that’s minor”, but seeing the entire middle chest tinted…that’s what led me to believe the entire middle chest is molded out of translucent plastic. I’m not even sure why Takara would do that other than to cut costs(mold 1 part= Chest with faux canopy, instead of 2= faux canopy and robot chest)

• Like Like x 2
  15. kshaps

Ebay:
    I'll be completely honest, my expectations for this have gone down quite a bit based on these photos. I'm still keeping my pre-order because I love the mold but if the QC isn't great I'm cancelling the other two seeker POs. (I'm still burned from MP-47, TT giving one of my favorite Autobots the shaft).

• Like Like x 1
  16. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Ironically if the QC on this one is not great, it's quite likely the QC on the other two will be better. They'll know what to improve on the next time around. This of course supposes that they are not producing all three at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  17. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

first came greenscream, then walscream, now we have creamscream? or starcream?

wtf is up with that arm seam gap? is that coming apart or does it "articulate" when the arm is moved?

also i fear shin is right...looks to be one piece molded translucent and painted over. the paint is either a bad match or too thin on that sample. let's hope actual production units fix that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. kshaps

Ebay:
    I don't want to sound so negative but there is really no logical explanation for the translucent orange canopy being painted over with grey outside of TT being cheap. Have a thin layer of translucent plastic affixed to the bottom of actual solid painted gray plastic. You know like TFs have done since the 80s...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You’re right he did! However Devastator, in a fit of madness due to having his mind tampered with by both factions, destroyed the nearby Space Bridge. This forced Megatron to call a cease fire and work together with Prime to get Devastator under control in time to have him stop the drill and save the Earth.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    If this is indeed the case(and it’s a curveball I really didn’t expect), best thing we can do to fix this on our own is to 1st determine which acrylic paint matches closest to the grey plastic of MP-52. Anyone got ideas?