Masterpiece V2 Starscream Coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

You just won't give this up will you?

• Like Like x 9
  2. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    This looks awesome, I’ve said it before but damn that looks so good! If TT make a + that looks like this I’m in. That’s my bar - if it looks like @chchchch ’s bash I’ll buy it.

Anything less, I’m out. That’s how good this is.

• Like Like x 4
  3. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

a bit OT:

Hello buddies, I stupidly pre-ordered here
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B08KJP2N4S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thinking I would be able to cancel if anything went wrong because I thought it was an amazon preorder. Now I see I realized that I cannot cancel. I did not want to preorder using a 3rd party, how can I cancel now that preorder I made by mistake? I cannot find any email to write to...

If anyone could help me, even by private message I would be grateful

4. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That is the Amazon pre order. The item page lists whoever's selling. It says underneath that it is sold by Amazon Japan.

Screenshot_20201028-111731_Chrome.jpg

You couldn't/can't cancel after 25th October though (if you are adamant about cancelling you could try the chat function, say you made it in error or something).

None of the 3rd party sellers seem to ship outside Japan. It would tell you that on the page if the item was a 3rd party seller (in red text saying they don't ship to you)

• Like Like x 1
  5. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

I thought it was 3rd party because it said "sold by アマゾンジャパン合同会社" in the order summary. Now I discovered that this is the katakana for amazon japan... I was used to old masterpiece amazon preorders that I could cancel since two weeks before release and having seen that katakana I thought I did preorder from some obscure 3rd party and not being able to cancel made me panick! Ok, then if it is amazon japan all is good I think

6. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, you're okay. They changed to non cancellation this year or last, I think

• Like Like x 1
  7. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Oh my goodness, thank you all! Can't tell you how much the kind words mean! I feel like with the frequency of repaints these days, this one is a longshot, but we can hope I guess...

@Shin Densetsu I definitely plan to get on to the jet mode and Thundercracker next. Actually this was already my best attempt to make the eyes look like metallic paint :lol  I think they'll end up looking a little dark surrounded by all that black and the deep recess they sit in within the helmet (like what happens with Megatron's eyes at times), but if you got them to catch the light a little better they might look a little more like this...

MP-52+ Robot Mode Head Closeup (Anime Head Glow Eyes).jpg

However I'll see if it's possible to make them look fully vacuum metallized/chromed...I tried quickly but the small number of pixels was proving a challenge!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 18
  8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Mmm.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:

You are a genius. The eyes match the foil vibe, my God bros G1 Ramjet had back in 1990.
    How you made the canopy strut also transparent is overlooked.. Incredible skill!
    The black of the face is gorgeous.
    I really don't want a giant collection but I'd be highly tempted if it comes out as good as this! Maybe more so by a toy Skywarp in the gloss black x lilac.

• Like Like x 5
  10. tellytron

tellytron X

Looks. Friggin'. Awesome.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

@chchchch , you are a gift to fandom, my friend!

• Like Like x 20
  12. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    At the risk of clogging up the thread, a million thanks my buds!!

@tellytron you may not have been talking to me, but welcome anyway :D 

All the encouragement has made me excited to get started on the next one immediately; I was getting a little burnt out as of last night. @Emperor Bruticus IV thanks for noticing the transparent canopy struts, I was thinking this toy could give us the best of both worlds with a fully transparent canopy in robot mode and a more realistic one with grey trim in jet mode.

I really wish these images were coming from Takara themselves though :cry 

• Like Like x 10
  13. bigcee66

bigcee66 Well-Known Member

No contest here TT ftw!

• Like Like x 5
  14. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    It would be nice it TT gave him more to do :D 

• Like Like x 8
  15. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    @chchchch I just have to add my comments in regard to your work.

I've been using Photoshop since version 2 and was using other graphics programs for a few years before that. I've been working in graphic design and web design for almost 25 years, worked briefly as a production artist at a game company before that, and I teach Photoshop at the community college here. Needless to say, I've seen a lot of digital image manipulation work over the years be it from coworkers, colleagues, students, or my own work.

There's digital manipulation and then there's work by @chchchch.

Your attention to detail and quality puts your work up there at some of the best I've seen through all of my experience. It's been a pleasure to see that level of quality improve in the time you've been making these MP digibashes and it's always exciting to see how you'll push yourself to a new level with each one.

Truly top-level work, man. I don't remember if you're doing this kind of thing professionally or if it's just a hobby, but you certainly could and should be getting paid for doing this kind of work!

So cheers and thanks for all of your incredible contributions to our hobby! :D 

• Like Like x 17
  16. 6Trash9

6Trash9 Hi

News Credits:
    Now kiss

• Like Like x 4
  17. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Good sir @Xaxis, I don't know if I can really describe what that means to me, so maybe I'll just kiss you as @6Trash9 suggests! :lol  I'd done digital manipulation and artwork as a hobby since childhood (along with physical drawing, painting, etc.) and have had several crossroad points in life where I wanted to head into some kind of arts direction career-wise, but ultimately I've always taken the easier money as a software engineer :)  I'd always figured the chance had passed me by but you've made me realize that maybe I'm living my dreams in a small way through this hobby, so thank you for that! It's not something I ever expected when joining this site, nor to find such supportive friends.

But yeah I really gotta find a way to get turn this hobby into a plastic robot fund :D 

• Like Like x 12
  18. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Something still related to this hobby that you could maybe do is partner with people that take customs commissions. You'd be able to give the customer an example of what the custom would look like once completed when the details of the custom are being worked out. Not really sure how all the logistics for that would work, though. You could even take commissions for requests for a specific digibash if you wanted to, plenty of people have digital only commissions.

Something more professional wise, maybe some companies need people to touch up or fix errors in their production photos. The way you're able to change things from one material to another or add things that aren't there is amazing.

• Like Like x 9
  19. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Smooches, friend. :lol 

Sticking with being a software engineer was probably a good choice financially, as the pay is probably higher than most commercial art positions. However, your artistic skills definitely put you in a different tier than the typical software engineer. QQ, dude!

As for generating some hobby funding with your talents…
    … that’s everything I was going to suggest and a bit more. Great ideas, @SelectedLime375!

I love the thought of working in conjunction with customizers. Or even just being a visualizer for ideas that people want to commission from customizers.

• Like Like x 8
  20. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Wow, thank you both, the idea of working with customizers (or their potential customers) in that particular way had truly never occurred to me, that's actually really brilliant!! Thank you guys, you've really got me thinking now...

Also it occurred to me while working on said digibashes just now, I think Takara's use of the grey marble background for stock photos is officially dead. None of the 30-some Starscream photos used it, and that's after Black Convoy, Tigatron, Arcee, Spinout, and probably others I'm forgetting eschewed it as well. I guess it's starting to seem a little quaint but I'll still miss it :( 

• Like Like x 9