Masterpiece V2 Starscream Coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Thanks, good to know! MPs have until recently been the only things I've ordered from AJP, so it's interesting to find out about these kinds of things happening.

Thanks for the info, good to know. :) 

Yet, not long after I post about it, AJP updates the listing! How about that. :D 

Now it includes the List Price and the discount percentage. No longer ambiguous.

upload_2020-10-17_17-26-15.png

• Like Like x 6
  2. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Yes, both the ¥30,800 list price and the ¥21,631 discount price quotes here include the 10% Japanese sales tax. The discount given is 30%, which is in line with the usual discount.

Like you said, Amazon has given larger discounts in the past, for example:
    MP Megatron 32%
    MP Dinobot 33%
    MP Wheeljack+ 35%
    MP BW Megatron 34%
    MP Convoy v3 33%
    MP Blackarachnia 32%

Looks like they forgot to fill out the List Price. If that field is left blank, the "you save x%" blurb won't appear.
    Perhaps they'll add that in later.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I've been collecting MP figures since 2012. I was not a fan of the full toon aesthetic when it first hit. Completed a "Hasui-Style" collection of the initial G1 cast between official and 3P figures, then started with Movie MPs and BW MPs.

Seeing the movie, BW, and G1 figures on separate shelves within the same display case though... I 100% get it now. The full toon aesthetic juxtaposes with the realistic movie figures and super-close-to-super-bad-CGI BW figures perfectly, while unifying them all with a super-screen-accurate look. Aside from Bumblebee, they all look gorgeous- even if the engineering isn't effortless-feeling like Hasui's work, it is impressive and intricate.

Call me crazy, but I think I'm gonna make the jump. Preordered MP52, and will look into getting my hands on more of the recent G1 Season 1 full-toon characters. Guess I'm going to be doing this for another 8 years at this rate :lol 

• Like Like x 12
  4. 6Trash9

6Trash9 Fist of the North Star

News Credits:
    To me the non toon MP G1 figures always felt like better versions of the toys or the iconic parts/traits we know of characters put into single figures

Bumblebee looks fine from the front and they at least tried with that figure but I wanna see someone make that little guy look great from all angles and be the same size

5. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

TT could just be doing the old retail strategy of deliberately overpricing the item's msrp to make it seem that we're getting a really great po-discounts.

Hence the recent bizarro price-listing shenanigans at amz-jp...

• Like Like x 2
  6. MrBigFeathas

MrBigFeathas My rocket pack?!?

I love the cartoon look of all the recent MPs. I wish these would have been how they were originally released. Guess my MP-11 will be up for sale after I get this.

• Like Like x 3
  7. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Yes, that's always been the case. The inflated MSRP allows retailers to offer appealing "discounts". These figures are sold well below MSRP at both physical and online retail stores here in Japan.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Go for it man. Even if you don’t prefer the G1 toon styling, MP-52 can move way better than MP-03/11 and manages to have a cleaner robot sculpt than both. That’s an advantage since there’s less chance of parts snagging onto something inadvertently when posing. It’s refreshing to finally have a G1 Starscream that can move like this.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

I just PO'd it. I was glancing at MP-11, opened it, remembered how I have never liked the flimsy aspect of it and took a leap down into the seeker vicious cycle once again.

• Like Like x 3
  10. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

What a great breakdown of the events of last week’s AMJP preorder adventure. I did noticed from the very start , when it was max price and then after the price change that there was no percentage discount listed. I found it when I looked at my order and used the link from my order page. E4BCFEED-3E83-4AA4-9E26-7C7E1B166041.jpeg
    Edit: oops, didn’t see that you already found the info.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    The fact he is the best seller ought to tell everyone about the direction of the line. It's a huge success, despite the fact he's the 3rd MP Starscream. Do not expect the direction to change at all - if anything they will continue to double down as they have done progressively since MP-1.

I'm guessing that's why Raiden is a thing. So if you don't like the way things are going, unfortunately you are in the clear minority and you'd be best served to come to terms with that because the dynamics aren't going to go backwards.

I'm very happy to see the line continue to shine, but as with most fans I'm still frustrated by both the slow pace and the recent uptick in quality control issues. I hope they are taking measures to address both issues.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

I must repent my desire for an official MP Gnaw, and rethink my life.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  13. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Ahahah, I saw those listings. It's incredible how far retailers will go to gain an edge on each other.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Sorry for delay fellas, took a minute out.

Yeh man! Want to keep it focused and not let the OCD hobbiest inside, consume me. You was right about MP29+ Very rare now! Haha. V2 Sideswipe and Red Alert are necessary, would love to see them sprinkled in the repaint slots so people don’t say “But muh Mirage” SS would prob be the best looking carbot.

I think I was super impressed because it was an OG character from the toon and no other kid ever had one! I think he was my least fav autobot along with Windcharger, Brawn and Seaspray haha! Sorry man!

I think this is honestly going to be one of my fav masterpieces ever. I can hear Chris Latta when I look at it. I may be in it for all 3

• Like Like x 3
  15. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
  16. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    So if I add it to cart it shows the tax removed
    Pre-order price is ¥21,361
    Order Summary
    Items: ¥20,584
    Shipping & handling: ¥3,102

So for me in the US at least they are not collecting tax

17. Ryuu

Ryuu It is Looooord!

I just got mine through Amazon Japan and when I was going through checkout I noticed it dropped to around 19,800 yin with the 3000 yin shipping so I got it for roughly 22000 yin

18. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I agree with all of this, but in my opinion the quality has been very good since the Hound fiasco. There are not many people with issues for MP-48, 49 or 50. My MP-50 does not stand up well due to loose knees but from reading the comments people are making about that figure not very many people are affected by that issue. The important thing to note is that parts are not breaking on those figures so the Hound plastic issue appears to be an isolated incident. I think we can assume that MP-52 will be good quality, but we shall see how MP-51 turns out first. My confidence level is high and I'm still preordering MPs right away without fear of bad quality.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Flapjacks

Flapjacks Well-well-well Member

Based on your price, they did and they have been doing it.

20. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Then I am confused, if the page price is 21361, and I add it to my cart and it's 20584 what's the cause for the difference in price