Masterpiece V2 Starscream Coming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jul 5, 2020.

1. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Do you guys think AJP will have more? I've never seen it sell out so fast. Ordered Arcee and Lio Convoy so late after first date since I couldn't decide on em.

2. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Getting closer, lower price/different seller
    Screenshot_20201009-093501_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

But you're a superhero to me!

Don't understand the "technically Skywarp & Thundercracker shouldn't have accessories" bit. They should most certainly come with the blast effects, at least a few faces, and the flight stand and adaptor. Starscream should come out around $200 shipped and I'm thinking (and hoping!) that SW & TC will be numbered non-exclusive releases this time around and will be similarly priced. There's no indication that these will be like MPMs (a joint TT/Hasbro effort) and available at Target.

Yes people will have different opinions and are free to prefer either 52 or the 3P, but much of what Liam laid out are irrefutable, quantifiable facts.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

Loyal and loveable bully.:lol 

• Like Like x 1
  5. 6Trash9

6Trash9 Ew

what places dont make you pay upfront

6. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Yea. You’ll be fine

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ninjahandz

Ninjahandz Well-Known Member

Can’t wait for the KO with the fixed wings and chest issue. Anyone knows where I can preorder the KO?

• Like Like x 1
  8. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Only AE, the rest though grown to various degrees on you canceling. Only HLJ let's you cancel by yourself.

9. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    I preordered my Starscream at Anime-Export. They have been my go to site for years. It’s going to be a long wait til he starts shipping. But I’m excited eventually having an MP Starscream.

• Like Like x 7
  10. pidge1114

pidge1114 Well-Known Member

i was gonna use NY because they have Pay Later. But while their price is cheap (around $195) their estimated shipping is around 5000 yen which = ~ $50. At that point I’m only 30 bucks or so away from ordering stateside that all offer free shipping.

11. 6Trash9

6Trash9 Ew

what would be the estimated weight, no idea what takara figures usually weight

12. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Yes but from bad experience with Tracks they will actually charge you the higher shipping and refuse to refund even if it comes out at less. And when you complain they close your account!

Terrible customer service at NY would never shop there again and I take every opportunity to warn others not to. Used to be my go to place.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Gneric Robot Dinosaur

Gneric Robot Dinosaur General Issue

News Credits:
  15. Joey Slick

Joey Slick Whirl is a Transformer.

Those face expressions don\'t look so great. They could have just taken still captures from the cartoon episodes and mimicked them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Balzari

Balzari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've placed 26 orders over the past 5 years with Nippon Yasan and never had a problem. However, last year their shipping rates increased a lot and at the moment their cheapest shipping option is sea freight (2 to 3 months).

17. TheTornSideswipeFan

TheTornSideswipeFan Well-Known Member

Is it me or are the alternate faces just kind of... doofy looking? Like, he has that MP-45 Bumblebee v2.0 Doofy face? His iconic grin from when he throws Megatron out the ship looks like he's less about to finally do what he wanted and more... He's about to sneeze...

• Like Like x 1
  18. CyberRat

CyberRat Well-Known Member

I know it's an opinion, but this is the argument that is so lame. The reason many are having a problem justifying why to change to official, or keep MT is because MT pretty much nailed it. It's not a simple home run for Takara. I think the official does look good, but it also has it's fair share of weaknesses.

MT has deep ankle rockers and a waist swivel which it doesn't look like the official has much of. It's gold canopy is actually more accurate to the cartoon, and it looks pretty great. While you might have an issue with the head, in person it really isn't that bad. But even so, I've seen the head replaced and welp, there inexpensively goes that issue. Hands ok, ya I hate typewriter look.

But you mention hip skirts all the way up? You mean for that crazy articulation he has? And if we're talking waists, the official does kind of look like he has a diaper! Feet kind of bother me, but not really what's holding me back. His hips/thigh area are my only real issue with the appearance of the official. I actually prefer a little more detailing and line paneling like the official has, which ISN'T cartoon accurate.

So personally, not in a rush. Will definitely wait for reviews regarding QC. If sold out first run, will get second run.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

^I know it's an opinion, but this is the argument that is so lame^

• Like Like x 6
  20. pidge1114

pidge1114 Well-Known Member

Well that's what needs to be **weighed** in here is approximate shipping charges. Based on past experience of paying $15 shipping for tiny Figuarts and $25 for small TF figures....I don't think expecting $40+ is unheard of for the size box that this likely will be (compared to similarly sized figures).

So no matter where you're buying overseas, that $190 instantly becomes $230. The difference there between $275 for places like TCP could probably even be brought down more with rewards I have. Decisions decisions.....