Masterpiece Ultra Magnus!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fort Max, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Hasui, which is why this is so hilarious for me.

All the Hasui fanboys were raving up and down with unseen elitism in their veins just about a month ago when it was stated that Kobayashi will be working on the line again with MP23 onwards.

And now people actually dislike something by the great Hasui.

And yes, what I wrote before was more or less straight lines taken from discussions back then. People actually wrote that Hasui has a CLEAR VISION of the line.

Hilarious. And as others said...fandoms.

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No vision is ever clear enough for the obsessed.

3. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The good question is how much will be at HLJ/AE when they have the preorders for him:) 

4. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't help it, but when I see MP-22 in bot mode he looks like he's being eating too many pies. Hopefully it'll look better coloured.

5. stevej

stevej Snowflake

News Credits:
    Stack looks like a 3rd party figure trying to pay homage to G1 Magnus. Its nice, but not for me.

I can't put my finger on what's missing. Maybe we've been spoiled too much recently. The details look too minimal. No realistic rear lights for example. No attempt at a more realistic alt mode after we got such well realised Datsuns and the Countach. In fact, seeing them interact in the photo makes that look all the more apparent. I know the transformation is leaps ahead of the g1 toy... So why does the trailer alt mode still just look like mp10 pulling the G1 toys trailer.

I'm sure color photos will make a world of difference and I'll be ordering him regardless... I'm just looking forward to Wheeljack and whichever car comes next more... Which surprises me.

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is there even a "realistic" model of truck that looks like Ultra Magnus?

7. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Moderator

After my initial letdown, I was one hoping for an armor-up Magnus scenario, I am getting warmed up to this. It looks spot on. I can abide the transformation pattern.

My hope: that the Magnus cab can still detach from the trailer: so that the trailer can still perform the upsidedown base-mode and repair-bay-mode type configurations that the diaclone/G1 box art advertised. That way when they inevitably release a white MP-10 repaint I can just cab-swap to realize those other poses!

(That: or by some miracle have a white OP in there someplace... It could still potentially transform ala Powermaster Prime... Unfolding from the back to reveal a fake front/chest. But I seriously doubt that now. :/ )

8. monkeyman905

monkeyman905 Well-Known Member

Does the cab just flatten down and clip on the back of a transformed trailer?

9. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

While i haven't gotten over my huge disappointment in the "no white prime" issue, even barring that this things got issues. (yes i'm still getting it)

1. headsculpt lacks the proper magnus "sunglass" eyes. worst mp headsculpt to date if this is final. even the 3P muppet head is better let alone the SXS. how do you come in 3rd place especially when one of the designs is coming from different source material.

2. its fat (and that head sculpt doesn't help again btw). thickness from chest to back is a more than a bit too thick. the reason the diaclone colored pshop looks that much better? what fat preson doesn't look slimmer wearing darker clothes. think about that. citizen stack's overall proportions are MUCH MUCH better even if he is too thin and tall.

3. its forearms are wrong. not toon or toy accurate or a mix either. they just made it up.

4. with stack has too many lines adn such, this guy lacks a bit of detail...not sure if this is a soruce material or design problem.

I have a feeling they rushed this prototype out to keep all of china from buying stack but so far despite the overly stylized nature stack...stack is winning in my book as far as bot mode...takara's mp-22 wins alt mode hands down. hopefully it'll look better than this. i do still have the feeling that takara had an mp-10 based design and gave up on it for cost cutting. i say they underestimate magnus' popularity. oh well. takara's choices make me spend more money. i'm now going to have to buy a stack for bot mode, an mp-22 for alt mode, an mp-10 or ko to repaint/comission, and perhaps a custom piece made from an mp-10 and some G1/mp-22/stack parts for a "suit up" or "breaking free" display. if takara did this right, i'd just have to buy one takara mp. oh well.

10. stevej

stevej Snowflake

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

... Now getting a robot from that... That'd be impressive.

11. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Looks like Magnus is ready for a game of Badminton with his missiles.

12. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    I love the mp-22 design, along with every other mp design thats come out regardless of creator. whats hilarious is the broad generalizations

13. fsfeedback

fsfeedback Well-Known Member

All the MP designs are great. Yes MP-3 was pretty bad, but that was messed up by a different designer, and deviated a bit from Kobayashi's original design. A lot of the problems that the original MP's had was the lack of being a line with a uniformed goal. I have no doubt that Kobayashi will do a good job as well after MP Star Saber is finished.

14. CobramusPrime

CobramusPrime energon on the rocks

Come on HLJ/AE get them pre orders up.

15. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now? You'll be waiting til December.

16. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Despite the lack of white Magnus, I'll be very happy if the final version has the chest plate looks like the one on the left side rendering (just like the cartoon) in contrast to one on the right with the extra bottom bar chest plate.

Overall, I thought MP22 is awesome!!!

17. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

Ha ha! So beautiful and ugly at the same time. That's a Thunderclash I'd love to have - I have the original, but just for completion's sake. It's amazing how perfect the mold is for Thunders - you show excellent vision, creativity, and execution.

Having said that, we'll never see it.

18. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No Ultra White Optimus Magnus = Not buying

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The fact that it doesn't have a white MP-10 mode may just be a deal breaker. Not to mention you can clearly see the 'fake' cab unfolded and flopping behind Magnus's entire back down past his backside. Lazy. I wasn't screaming for a perfect transformation in fear of what we might get. Looks like we got it.

If there's a white MP-10 alternate transformation in their someone, I'll change my tune.

20. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I realise this is from a few pages back but I am reading through this thread and had to make a comment. I grew up waaaaaaay after g1 and if tracks was created from wheeljack, or sunstreaker from sideswipe that would probably be the end of my masterpiece collection, as well as any other collections that include takara figures. In fact I might even start a club who's only mission would be to boycott takara until they did sunstreaker and tracks justice with all new mold figures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.