Masterpiece Ultra Magnus!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fort Max, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patto Prime

Patto Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my Magnus today and I frraking love him. Thanks to my neighbor for dropping him off to me as my postal delivery person can't read addresses correctly. But at least I got him and I love him. What a week it's been. Got Soar, Skywarp, Ultra Manus and Brawny and Backland will arrive any day now.

[​IMG]

2. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

Got mine today. TCP sent a nice consolation prize for getting it last. Came with the coin, even though I didn't order that version. Very pleased, I was regretting not getting the coin a bit.

Very nice figure overall. I'm a little disappointed that there's a decent sized chip of paint missing on the inside edge of one eye of his nonscreaming face. Some of the moving parts for transformation were scary tight on mine as well.

Haven't loaded him up with cars yet but looking forward to that tomorrow.

3. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Magnus's tires may be made out of silicon, they have a considerably different texture and malubility to my mp-10, it may just be because I have the hasbro release of Optimus but I doubt it.

4. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Not sure why so many fear rubber on toys. I had no issues with the tires on my tFs after 25 years. I had the ones from the 80s from hasbro, some were stamped takara but all were purchased in the states. I'm sure sun, excessive heat can ruin them but mine were fine after all that time through 2014. Silicone would be fine by me too, I'm just not a fan of plastic tires on a plastic toy, I like some combination of diecast, paint, plastic and rubber.

Which parts on magnus are diecast?

5. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    The problem is that rubber formulas have changed significantly since the 80's to meet public health and environmental regulations. The new formulas are not nearly as long lasting as the originals.

As for Magnus, the feet, chest/torso, inner face, and antenna are diecast.

6. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

It's not the rubber I fear... it's the rubber breaking down I fear. Just because some people have never had it happen to them doesn't mean it doesn't happen. And it's not some rare case that hardly happens at all. It does happen. And you don't have to live in some weird exotic place for it to happen. It very well could be the mixture used and or many other factors. And some people might get the "weaker" ones or not. Who knows. So many factors. And yes temperatures could be a factor of course. But it most likely isn't the "Sole" factor.

As much as I like having rubber tires the very aspect something could happen to them more then say plastic ones, makes me more concerned when they are there. So if the chances are high that something could happen to the rubber tires over the years, then I don't mind having plastic ones that I know are going to last longer.

Magnus has Die-cast in his chest, head, feet.

7. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    If this wasn't posted on a Transformers forum this line could be GREATLY misconstrued. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Carry on!

8. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I will let her know! :lol 

Thanks, and I agree about looking at other photos - I still really enjoy this aspect even after I have the figure in hand. I love seeing other displays etc. too.

Regarding rubber tires, maybe I have just been extremely lucky over the years, but I've honestly never had this problem. Even the G1 figures that have survived from my childhood are all still OK, and certainly no problems with the likes of MP-01, MP-10 etc. Could be climate (those of you who appreciate a stereotype will chuckle, but it's raining pretty hard in London right now), but given I have had my original Optimus Prime for the better part of three decades I would have thought it might have happened by now, if it was going to.

Nice pic! Hope you enjoy the Badcube guys, too - they rock. :) 

9. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I'm glad you love him. He's an incredible figure to be had

10. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Received my Ultra Magnus yesterday. He is massive. Hard to imagine that Star Saber will be a bit bigger even. Glad that I bought him.

[​IMG]

Even though you cannot rotate his upper body, you can still do some nice poses with him.

[​IMG]

My six months old son was happy with Ultra Magnus too...

[​IMG]

A bit too happy...

[​IMG]

:lol 

11. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Cute! :D 

12. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Adorable, man!

13. Dean ML

I think Trailbreaker77 did, if I remember correctly.

14. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Yep us Brits, although sometimes burdened by the climate, when it comes to rubber tires we are sweet - My G1 Optimus is 25 years old and absolutely dandy, G1 minibots and Gobots with small rubber tires still fine, and all mt alts/BTs are good too.

Who needs heat and sunshine eh?? ;) 

15. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Exactly! Personally, I think it gets too hot in the summer here already. :lol 

16. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

I got mine yesterday. I got busy messing with him so i didn't post.

Love him as i thought i would. But damn, pictures and vids do not truly prepare you for the mass of this guy. He's freakin huge!

And what i thought bothered me slightly in pics just doesn't anymore. Like the mismatched trailer bed.

Now for some of the other things people complained about. Shin gap is easily fixed by pushing the ramps back, arm articulation is aided by the double joint, and shoulder articulation is decent. The butt flap is easily put up for front display and doesn't stick that much past the cab when it is, but doesn't look that bad if left down.

Mine snaps together well and holds, it holds worlds better than the legs of MP-10 in alt mode. No complaints about how well mine holds together in either mode, very solid tabs and joints. Unlike what I've seen, my arm tabs lock together well in alt mode as does everything else.

Overall, i love this thing, well worth the money spent. Forearms could have been engineered a little slimmer and maybe they could have had a better resolution for the flap, but i do see engineering wise why they didn't (because the flap is all that holds the cab box together in alt mode, another joint could have made the cab box flimsy or floppy and not tab together very well), but other than those observations, not one complaint.

I'll also toss in here they could have easily left the one trailer side flap section red on the outside and not have had it stand out much in bot mode. The only part that had to be blue on the outside is the one that tabs into the arm uprights in alt mode at the very front, the one that's predominantly visible on the back of the legs in alt mode.

Sturdy and solid, holds together well.... I'll give him a 9.

17. Dean ML

A statement along the lines of "Pics don't prepare you for how huge this guy is!" should be stickied (alongside "No, he's not an armored up Optimus / Yes, he's an all in one" and "No, he doesn't come with a Matrix") :) 

Can't believe how expressive this guy is given his limited articulation. Every MP with a humanoid face should have a face swap gimmick from here on out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    My one sent EMS from Anime export just showed up - how the hell did this brute sneak through customs without being caught!! (Being marked as 2800 yen value probably helped ;)  )
    [​IMG]

19. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

When I read that it came from AE I was about to send a pm asking about the value on the box.

2800 yen should mean no customs for me (unless they don't believe the value and send one of those "we can't determine the value" notes")

20. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Well-Known Member

Dear xxxx xxxx,

this is the confirmation email that the following item/s

Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee

has been shipped for you!
    this is the confirmation email that the following item/s

Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus

has been shipped for you!
    Please follow this link to go to the Shipping Organizer and find out your tracking number.

Thank you again for shopping at Anime-Export.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.