Masterpiece Ultra Magnus!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fort Max, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think his legs are hefty enough that the tiny bit of height differential isn't doing to affect his balance too much. I will probably keep his real wheels out.

2. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still can't believe my favourite Transformer is getting a toy this amazing.

I'm pretty sure I am going to blow up once I get mine.

3. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know the feeling man, I'm going to be in the same boat.
    For almost 30 years, I'm just looking at that one giant big red leg on roller 1986 UM figure (left pic) and wonder will I ever get that TFTM UM figure someday. What's funny when they release MyClone UM, that was the next best to the cartoon accurate, lol. Now that dream is coming true, MP UM with Matrix chest compartment like TFTM, love every cartoon detail:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Zyros

Zyros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My one true irk with this figure is that his white shins aren't flush against the rest of his legs. I just find it very odd looking.

Still can't wait to get him though.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hoverboards are too small of a idea, What we need are the hovercars from The Jetsons.

6. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

...that fold up into a briefcase and are light enough to be carried so you don't have to park.

7. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land"

News Credits:
    They can be folded back against the shin.

8. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is one of my gripes too. But some of the recent photos make it look like you can push them back at the top to touch the shin beneath to at least make it a bit less odd looking.

9. Zyros

Zyros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome to hear, thanks for the information.

10. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land"

News Credits:
    My only qualm with the figure is the white backing in the Autobot logos. I wish they were blue backed for cartoon accuracy and consistency's sake.

Edit: Never mind, I just realized there is an Autobot logo on the truck cab. It would look weird if it was the only white backed one on the figure.

11. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I hope to get this as a late Christmas present from my folks

12. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

I must honestly admit that with each new picture, I get a little less exited.

I'm not saying it's not a good figure, but there are things about it that I think look strange or off.

For example, the trailerbed is a mess: red at the back (with a blue line for the inner legs), then white and then clearly visible upper legs. Really makes me wonder if they couldn't have added a panel to cover the upper legs, which would fold down during transformation with the added bonus that it would fill out the empty space between the white shins and the rest of the lower leg (while paint could then make the entire lower leg blue).

Poseability also seems very limited. A 90 degree knee bend seems impossible and likewise the shoulder movement seems restricted: only sideways motion seems to come from unclipping the shoulders, and that clip in system still has me worried.

13. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    HLJ just pushed the release date back into January.

14. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Fair criticisms. I'll likely have a car on him in trailer mode, though, so that'll hide the legs and hip area. It would've been nice if there were panels on the floor of the trail to make it a consistent flat red surface, but I've already seen criticisms that he's enough of "panelformer" as it is. I guess it's one of those things like the back of Soundwave's alt mode, the bottom of the jets, and the back of Prime's cab that you have to overlook for the sake of bot mode.

Looking at the photos again, I think his shoulder joint is die cast. We'll find out soon enough.

15. smokey420

smokey420 auto-con

Anime Export pushed it to January as well, but that means nothing, can't see them getting their stock late then American stores, unless they close for the next week because of christmas and new years

16. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Yeah, the January release date is on the retailers' end it seems, right? We've seen at least one retailer report they already have their stock, but I guess several won't be shipping out till after the new year as they'll be closed for the holiday.

17. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Yeah, I reckon the smaller retailers don't have enough staff to process all the shipments during the holidays, effectively forcing them to 'shut down' until the new year. At times like these, stores like HLJ and AE probably just have a skeleton crew, perhaps keeping track of orders, making sure their sites function properly and perhaps processing whatever isn't automated, but not shipping anything out.

These stores aren't Amazon, with a virtually unlimited labor-force at their disposal even during the holidays.

18. chockey88

chockey88 koolkollectibleskhai

Hmmm, I'm rather annoyed that they changed the card design with MP-22 Ultra Magnus. Why screw up a classic simple design with artwork that's too busy for a small card!

19. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

I agree, I loved the line art cards. Hopefully this is a one time thing.

20. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Not necessarily referring to the post you replied to, but it amazes me how many complain that a transforming toy should be 100% perfect or accurate to both modes. Unless people wish to spend $150+ per car and say $400 for Magnus, sacrifices have to be made in one mode or the other. If people didn't get a good bot mode there would be heads rolling, there are people calling for heads because an alt mode isn't 100%.... Each MP has a sacrifice somewhere, hell, MP-1 basically 70% sacrificed alt mode period. MP Megatron sacrificed Bot mode....

And how do you not have certain transformations without panel or partsforming? I mean these are plastic toys not ink on paper that can freely morph without any kind of physics being involved. I mean are there people really upset AOE Galvatron has to physically transform instead of teleporting into each mode?

Hollow limbs, panel forming parts forming...etc.... all always has been part of Transformers at almost every price point.

And just to note, while not complaining about it, I'm not fond of the trailer bed myself. It's the one thing that bugs me the most. But even then, it's not a huge thing to worry about, likely mine will stay in bot mode most of the time, and when he's not, like you, I'll probably keep a car on him. If not, i may customize a part to cover it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.