Customs: Masterpiece Trypticon

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Heck, maybe use my take of Trypticon and turn it into a MP.

2. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Sorry, your name was to easy to put an extra "s" in there. Perhaps I was thinking of that kids SuperSquad Steve action figure from Big Daddy? LOL!

My apologies............................

Transformers have never been to scale, and there have been numerous threads already relating to the subject. So lets forget about the whole scale issue. I'm talking about detail and articulation here.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That would be awesome! I forgot to mention the jet thrusters featured in the episode as well. They're in my set of screen caps, though :) 

If not the whole design, I could certainly see taking some elements from it :) 

No biggie; I just wanted to let you know that supersquads claimed another victim :) 

I'd also say that you'd have to throw out scale to some degree, but it's just one of those things that an artist has to consider when making something (as I posted earlier).

I'd think that a MP version of this figure would have some super articulation, be quite a bit bigger than the other MPs (while not to scale :lol ), and have some added functionality in each mode.

I think an artist could just go wild with the city portion. I also think that Mench0y's Predaking would be a good source of inspiration too. :) 

4. Tigertrack

I'm thinking much bigger, like that 7 foot Metroplex that's being built in these boards. Maybe a 5 foot Trypticon or something similar.
    Yea, scale is pretty much thrown out the window with TF's. But it could be "represented" by approximate sizing up if you know what I mean.
    That's what makes the WST Transformers fun. Put a WST Prime or seeker jet next to G1 Metroplex and it's pretty descent representation of size proportions without being "in-scale".

5. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    The thing is, where would you put a thing that big?

6. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    True and not a bad idea.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]

This image got me to thinking about this thread as well. Note the cutaway departments.

Attached Files:

8. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    OOOOOOO!

Thanks for posting that SQ7!

9. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Anemis' Metroplex, I believe, still keeps to just around 5ft. tall.

All this talk of scale needs to go out the window. Trypticon and Metroplex are supposed to be cities. The size of a Downtown district. If we were talking scale with G1 figures, these would have to be the size of your house.

It should just be understood that scale isn't even a concern. So everyone should drop it. And drop it quicker than the "masterpiece vs. Masterpiece" debate.

That said, when I get to building a Trypticon custom. It is simply going to be noticably larger than most of the other figures in my collection. That's all. Like Supreme Class size.

10. Tigertrack

That is all I want to see and that is where this thread started off.
    I don't care about scale. Just a good representation of size difference if that makes sense.

I look forward to seeing anybodies build up of Trypticon.

11. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    From the diagram the SQ7 is showing us and taking elements of the artwork of Trypticon that I did. Who knows there are alot of possibilties.

Attached Files:

12. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

13. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
  14. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

LOL Randy.
    Also, after a little research I found out I meant King Gojulas.

15. Ezilla82

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Wow, King Gojulas and Gojulas Giga are very cool and could be awesome candidates for a Trypticon custom. Especially a MP version.

16. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Dude! I scanned the pages seeing if anyone had already mentioned that, and somehow missed ya. Sorry about that.:eek: 

I wish i had bought one of those when TRU was clearancing Zoids out a long time ago. i didnt' get that one, but I got the brachiasurus (i know I spelled that wrong). that was close to $70 toy originally, and all said and done i got it for around $30. And that thing is HUGE!

I did some searching yesterday, and it seemed like the T-rex was around $40. Am i off on that?

Randy!

17. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I loved trypticons persona in the G-1 season 3 cartoons. the guy was only a decepticon because of 2 factors. (1) the decepticons built him & controlled him as a slave. (2) he needed constant amount of energon in high quanities,so had no choice but to do the decepticons bidding to survive.

Trypticons season 3 persona was kinda cute at times. it often felt like a toddlers brain/soul was trapped inside a gigantic force of nature.

If anyone watches the G-1 season 3 cartoons. trypticon didn't have a mean bone in his body. he was basically a kind giant. trypticon was obsessed with metroplex because they were both rival city formers.