Masterpiece Tracks

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dinobot Slug, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can imagine Tracks saying that in his trademark Harvard lockjaw voice. :D 

2. CypherZero

CypherZero Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see there's lots of love for MP Tracks. If anyone is interested, I'm selling up on ebay, a MISP MP-25 Tracks, and a not so MIP (as I had taken it out to check out the awesome beauty) MP-26 Road Rage. Both are going for a really low price. Nothing wrong with them, it's just that I'm not really into Corvettes, but their vehicle modes are really sexy! ;) 

Link for Tracks:
    Transformers Takara Masterpiece MP 25 G1 Tracks NEW AND Ready TO Ship Misb | eBay

Link for Road Rage:
    Transformers Takara Masterpiece MP 26 G1 Roadrage NEW Licensed RED Corvette | eBay

Will combine shipping if you buy both of them!

If you have any questions, you can send me a message. Preferably on ebay.

Thanks! :D 

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  3. SMB73

SMB73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would happily pay for upgraded missile launchers that cover those stupidly puny ones Tracks comes with.

4. Rookgordijn

Rookgordijn Well-Known Member

Did somebody already break the hinge which connects the arms with the body? Because I have the feeling mine will with the next transformation or so. I have to use a lot of force when pulling/pushing (especially pushing) this thin piece of plastic during transformation. It already has a little stress mark on it (see picture). This really is a design flaw. :( 

[​IMG]

5. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

That looks like a sprue mark, that's where they are on mine, if you look the other side of your pic has one too, its just not as noticable, mine arent noticable at all unless youre looking for them because they are a darker blue. I can't see a stress mark forming at that spot, there's no pressure there.

6. Rookgordijn

Rookgordijn Well-Known Member

Maybe you're right and it's just a sprue mark. But I can tell you that thin piece of plastic has to endure a lot of pressure when you push the arms in when transforming him from bot to car. Last time I changed him back to car that hinge even bent a bit, which I never experienced before. That's why I am afraid it might break eventually.

7. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Most high stress areas are made from Polyamide, a Nylon plastic, it's a highly durable kind and can be rigid, and flexible. I'm not saying it's indestructible, but it is durable. Not sure that joint is, I'd have to look, usually you can tell, Polyamide has a slightly different texture to normal ABS and PVC.

8. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's definitely not a stress mark.

9. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's just a mold mark, mine has it too. Oddly they KO doesn't have as noticeable of a mark there. Anyway, Tracks has been out a while now and there haven't been any reports of stressing, cracking or breaking on that part so I wouldn't worry about it.

10. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

Still no word on a facemask or larger missiles from a 3rd party?

11. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    someone in another thread mentioned something about an alternate face coming with a black diaclone repaint? no idea the reliability.

just got the KO today, not bad for $28.
    which designer did this? not the same guy that did ratchet and hotrod and shockwave, right?

edit - poor guy is gonna get his ass kicked when he gets to the shelf, especially in these bootcut pants. the figure definitely lends itself to the fembot silhouette.

12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    IIRC Hironori Kobayashi finished MP22 (Ultra Magnus) for Shogo Hasui, and then (presumably) did the lions share of all the subsequent new mould MP's (so MP24 Star Saber, MP25 Tracks, MP26 Roadrage, MP27 Ironhide, MP29 Shockwave, MP30 Ratchet, MP31 Delta Magnus).

MP28 Hot Rod was by a new fella though.

13. NegatronDave

NegatronDave Well-Known Member

MP-24 was designed by Hisashi Yuki.

14. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    I was really impressed by how the backpack came together very securely. I actually think his transformation was the most impressive of the carbots I have to date (Ironhide is still in my loot). After handling him, I couldn't understand at all any complaints. He feels like all the others to me.

15. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Am I just not transforming the knees and legs correctly. His knees have a TON of wobble in between the ratchets. I'll ratchet the knees into a position, but then there's probably 15-20 degrees of wobble in between the ratchets where the knee just freely moves. Makes standing him up very difficult.
    Anyone else have this issue?

16. lobsterclaw

lobsterclaw Well-Known Member

Got a KO for $26. Hope it is a good one. I have seen the so so reviews for this so was hesitate to get it, but for $26 it's well worth the risk.

17. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    You're not doing anything wrong. One of my knees is like that too. It's pretty common.

18. monish

monish Not a Negatron!

News Credits:
    its a known issue http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutor...25-masterpiece-tracks-loose-knee-leg-fix.html

19. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

20. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Keep meaning to post this, and was reminded since this thread is back on the front page...

Had my Tracks out a little ago, cause I think he's fantastic. But I never could get the hood to sit perfectly level. The front was fine, but the rear part, nearest the windshield, still popped up ever so slightly. I tried adjusting everything, and, and finally started looking for the cause.

And I think it found it! Extra flash from the ejector pins:
    [​IMG]

I actually found it on Road Rage first, since her hood was worse, and so was the flash. So I just shaved it off. For good measure, I also sanded down the circled part of the hood arm slightly.
    [​IMG]

About 2 minutes of work, and a hood that now lays perfectly flat. Did wonders for Road Rage too!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.