Masterpiece Tracks

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dinobot Slug, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's a 3D printing site if you haven't been there, things will be unpainted FYI.

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ahhhh, that leaves me out then, I couldn't paint if my life depended on it. :lol 

Thanks anyway man.

3. greatcthulu

greatcthulu Well-Known Member

I wish this guy did not have mushroom pegs at the wrists and elbow swivel. I can't think of another MP that has that kind of joint. It looks out of place on an MP figure, too similar to standard deluxe/voyager engineering.

Not a house-on-fire distress, but unfortunate in my view, especially in light of other cost cutting things like paint vs no paint.

4. skunkobot

skunkobot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. megabotatronius

megabotatronius Master of Disassembly

Ebay:
    I'm just glad that the flight mode has the vertical fins on the back of the car! This thing looks so good!

7. hoptimusprime

hoptimusprime Well-Known Member

Tracks is up for pre-order on Action Robo for $49.90.

8. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Griffin, the owner of Australian website Ozformers, attended ToyFair Australia, and he is saying Tracks will in fact NOT be MP-25 (but presumably another, higher, number)!!!

9. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well that's a matter of opinion. Mp1 and Megatron (and yes Megatron is pretty ugly) is the perfect scale for me. Like I said, he looks great standing next to G.I.Joe figures.
    Besides I own Supreme Starscream for the Cybertron line. I'm not too concerned about shelf space.

The heck you talking about ? Is mp Grimlock shorter than MP1? Yes. Which means he's part of the new scale. The new scale started with MP10.
    I just never saw the point of buying a shorter version of Prime just for a better head, and gun.

10. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Wait, have you seen preorders? WHERE ARE THE PREORDERS?!?

;) 

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you pay right away? Also, how are their shipping prices?

12. hoptimusprime

hoptimusprime Well-Known Member

It's $18 to PA. I think you have to pay up front

13. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    That's not how it works, yes the new size started with mp-03, however the new scale (ie. all figures scale perfectly, or as close as possible, with one another based on the official chart that should have been used for the cartoon) started with mp-10 who's size was based on mp-09. Mp-08 is not in the new scale, he's too short for that, he is in the new size that started with mp-03.

14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm, so shipping is a little pricier than HLJ then.

Thanks man.

15. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

It's not just that. Proportionally he's different. I used to think that the original looked perfect, but once I had the new one, it made the original look blocky and just a bit weird.

On the other hand, you do miss a couple of features with the smaller toy. No comm panels on the arms, no proper working suspension... I prefer MP-10, but I can understand why people would rather have the original.

16. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    I was working backwards from markdowns.. and hence the ~ (approximate). You're still looking at jumps of 700+1000.. or almost 30% in under 3 years... or 15% in the last 18months. Not insignificant. Sure in the US we have the strong dollar to help offset that... but IMO the stuffing of accessories is clear... help justify fluffier price points.

But these products aren't really cost markup.. they are niche products priced to what the market will bear. They have to work to justify the prices (like those large hasbro boxes for prowl.. haha)

17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well I don't think MP1 is perfect. I think his head sculpt is boring, and his hands just don't hold his weapon well. But these are things I think a retooling would cure.

I think I might know why I'm so hung up on the scale issue.
    My view of a masterpeice Optimus Prime is that he should be bigger than life. And I got that vibe from the first one.
    I think what put me off so much was that it felt like a sudden left turn when the MPs started to get smaller. It looked like HasTak was going in one directions and then surprised us with another. I get it, it was probably more cost effecting to make them smaller, but they feel underwhelming to me now.
    Mind you I have Grimlock, Rodimus Prime, Soundwave, and Skywarp, so I do like them. I just wish they were bigger so I could have a wider range of figures to display them with. I sometimes like to mix and match.

18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Mp Grimlock was designed and released a few years before MP-10 and MP-09. He technically is not part of the new scale that MP-10-onward followed. MP-10 was designed to be in scale with MP-09. This is why most fans want a new Grimlock.

Hoping Tracks is as pleasant to transform as the previous Autobot cars sans Hot Rod. I don't like fiddly toys

19. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I hear you, but it's because of the current scale that we are getting a wider range of MPs. They might not interact with GI Joes, but we're getting the whole gamut of G1 now, both in terms of seasons/years and scale. Guys like Ultra Magnus and Star Saber might not have been feasible if they had to scale with MP-01, let alone possible combiners.

Anyways, bring on Tracks, whatever MP number he is!

20. 2003 Megatron

2003 Megatron Banned

News Credits:
    I hoping Mp Galvatron, Jazz, Megatron V2, Tracks, Ironhide, Ratchet, Sunstreaker fall in MP25 -32. One can only dream. Especially Jazz after my silly self said he was in the pipeline a few weeks ago. Exciting times lay ahead. :) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.