Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 Incoming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    I'd prefer them to match, but it's not a deal-breaker for me.

• Like Like x 3
  2. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    It’s better than the make toys seekers. Lightning’s bluish-tint grey parts still bug me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MSWF377

MSWF377 Michael Scarn

I'm looking at this pic on a computer screen now, and it seems like each one is a little different. Starscream's is clear, Thundercracker's is hazy, and the Skywarp's is just orange. Kind of a weird choice if it stays that way

• Like Like x 2
  4. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

SS and TC are different but close enough for me. But Skywarp looks very different and it would really bug me if they look that different in the end. Unfortunately we won’t know for sure until all three are released.

It’s not a dealbreaker for me and I have all three ordered, but if Skywarp ends up that different I may end up displaying him in alt mode. It just bugs me that TT always seem to mess up the consistency of the seekers. Last time it was the Decepticon logos on the wings. This time it’s the canopies. Why is it so hard to make them all the same? Especially in this case when they are all releasing in the same year? Anyway hopefully they end up the same and this is just a prototype issue.

• Like Like x 3
  5. MSWF377

MSWF377 Michael Scarn

I agree with this 100%. Fingers crossed for the final products......seriously TT, it's the same three figures with different colors

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than an empty Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    The canopies might be final but given how far out Skywarp and Thundercracker are I'm guessing these could be the same painted prototypes from before. I wouldn't rule out any changes just yet.

• Like Like x 3
  7. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Logic says Starscream should remain with the same canopy since the release date is so close. He’s either being made now or just about finished. Skywarp might change since he’s the farthest out, still have time to alter the deco a bit. Of course, that’s assuming Takara does anything logical. For all we know, the three unique canopies might be Takara’s intention.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Paco Grande

That’s exactly what I’m afraid of. They make some truly odd decisions sometimes. I’m still not convinced these will be fully painted. TT seem to be trying to lower prices. I’ve been wondering since I got MP-49 if the plan going forward is less paint. I know Arcee and Tigatron were fully painted but 49 isn’t and I’m assuming Skids and Reboost are not painted either. I really hope I’m wrong.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Under Maintenance [-0%-]

News Credits:
    This.

I hope that they don't keep them different but if they do, I just hope there's an easy way that we can make them all look unified.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ughh, I really hope these are painted, MP 49 coulda been magic but it was just good without the paint. I feel like if it's an MP it needs to be mostly painted. I'll take paint chips anyday over cheap looking bare unsaturated plastic. Look at Wheeljack vs Wheeljack +, the original looks yellow-tinged and trashy next to the plus (even more obvious in person).

MP20-Wheeljack-25.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  11. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Under Maintenance [-0%-]

News Credits:
    Agreed, been meaning to pick up the MP+ to replace my normal one for a damn long time.

Though once i'm get him in, i'm shearing off those ears, haha. My original Wheeljack, who was an eBay pickup, actually came with a set of Nonnef's glow-in-the-dark ears that while not only look pretty cool once lit up, the blue on them I think actually look a bit better than the stock ones.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    wish i had gone for the + repaints , i want them now but not for the price they sell for now

• Like Like x 1
  13. Paco Grande

Oh I know! I bought all the plus carbots because they made the older versions look cheap in my opinion. Fingers crossed that the seekers are painted. I'm dying to see if the final version of Starscream is painted or not. Not long to go now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

I hate that Skywarp's canopy is so different than the other two. But on the hand, Skywarp needs that orange canopy or else his whole figure just looks black. Comparing to the cartoon he really does have that orange canopy and he doesn't look correct without it. The hue might vary a bit depending on how cleaned up the film is, but it really is that type of orange.
    seekers.png

So I guess they all get the Skywarp coloring or else someone figures out how to sell upgrade canopies to get them to match. The alt-mode canopy is the same for all and the bot mode canopy is a false piece hiding underneath? I'll be pleasantly surprised if TT just gives them all the same canopy.

Or they're trying to get us to buy 3 Skywarps so we can use two as canopy donors.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Agent 539

Agent 539 Blackrock Gas Attendant TFW2005 Supporter

I agree with this. I only tolerated MP-20. The irony is there. The + version was such a blast of fresh air for me.

• Like Like x 3
  16. tadhgoc

tadhgoc Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's been confirmed already but is Thundercracker coming with a stand?

17. JockerStudio

JockerStudio Mr.JK

[​IMG]

According to the official picture on TT Mall, yes, it has

• Like Like x 5
  18. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP-52, MP-52+, and MP-52+SW all come with the same purple ‘Dinobot stand’.

I have 3 Dinobot stands and I’ll have 6 seeker stands. I’m excited to see how they can interact with new MPs that include stand adaptors. :)  44’s stand adaptor is amazing. Really need the ability to buy these stands separately. I’d be down for like 10 each of brown, Decepticon purple, and autobot red.

• Like Like x 8
  19. tadhgoc

tadhgoc Well-Known Member

Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Think they'll make Skyfire's stand orange rather than red, with the aim to match the colours of their headquarters :wink:  Then I would also describe Dinobot's ones as grey rather than brown :lol 
    Yeah selling these power bases separately seems like a no-brainer to me, maybe they'll get around to it eventually!

• Like Like x 8