Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 Incoming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jan 7, 2021.

1. RavageX9

RavageX9 Tripredacus Agent

They are not getting out of the used game business and still see demand for it as they call it "gaming on a budget." They are also shifting from retail locations to more of an online presence as laid out by the new board members from CHEWY. A simple Google search should help explain further.

• Like Like x 2
  2. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    So, stock prices didn't surge because of that. Stock prices surged because the dude from Chewys increased his holding in GS and is joining the board with two former co-workers from Chewys. He's also pushing for slashing physical retail spaces and increasing his emphasis on e-commerce. The change in management triggered a run on the stock as investor confidence skyrocketed. The consensus still seems to be that the stock is overvalued though. They failed to turn a profit this winter, despite the launch of a new console. The dude from the big short likely invested because he knew he could short squeeze it, which it was clearly primed for, and is what happened. Everyone trying to short the stock had to take a loss and sell off. He reverse big shorted it and bullied short sellers out. The stock is already down to 35.51 today and is continuing a downward trend as it tries to find its new floor. New investment and a short squeeze don't suddenly change the real problems facing the company.

Edit: sorry it's down to 35.50 now

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

Gamestop has a pending charge my PayPal account for $197, also i have a delivery estimated date of next week.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Cool to see we’re now in let’s bash GameStop territory. Ugh. So much nerd rage.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Qcjoe

Qcjoe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Oh ok. I’ll have to do that. Normally PP charges right away.

6. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im not sure about nerd rage. They directly put me out of business when I was a manager of a Game Crazy. Their tactics are pretty horrible for consumers. They’re predatory. The online market simply defeats them. Even here in Korea there’s NO name brand store for buying used games. They’re all out of business. If you want a game just look on a local app. You can meet someone directly and hand them cash for the game. Ans viseversa you can sell a game for maximum moneys. GameStop is not a friend to any ‘nerd’ market. And I don’t need to rage to make that known

• Like Like x 6
  7. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Whoa! Did I strike a personal nerve here? I'm sorry to hear about your situation. In my experiences, I haven't had any of those problems and can only speak from my interactions. I'm in the USA and just a consumer so much different than you. Anyway, thanks for sharing your story.

Back to MP-TC! Hoping my two preorders hold up, but I won't hold my breadth. There should be plenty of options to pick this guy up by launch so no need to fret on my end.

• Like Like x 3
  8. The Allspice

Ebay:
    I was just thinking about this as a 90s kid. I remember shopping around on trade-ins and having, like, 4 shops where I lived that I could consult the books on to get the best trade-ins on my Genesis games. Then the consolidations game and it was nothing but GS. It was a real bummer because it led to a complete lack of competitive pricing in gaming in general.

9. 6Trash9

6Trash9 Fist of the North Star

News Credits:
    They closed all the GS in my area and they're always the highest price I find for games and such, local toy stores have better prices but obviously don't sell merchandise or anything GS does so it sucks

10. KayODave

KayODave Still a grey prototype

Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    This is a MP Thundercracker thread, not a GameStop thread.

• Like Like x 8
  11. 6Trash9

News Credits:
    This all started from them selling Thundercracker

12. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Please. We’re in the middle of something important here. This is my truth so it’s now yours. Deal with it.

• Like Like x 7
  13. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

Does Hasbro Pulse have a price for 'cracker yet?

Too lazy to do research....What are the North American retailers charging for Blue?

14. The Allspice

Ebay:
    Cheapest NA retailer for him is ToyDojo.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

You might be right. I just checked Hasbro Pulse, who want $242 US for Thundercracker!

I guess I won't be replacing Thundercracker. That's a big bummer, and I'm jealous of those of you that know how to get a good deal on the Japanese exclusives.

I think it's a safe assumption that Skywarp will be a Takara-Tomy exclusive, too, which also frustrates and saddens me. I really wish T-T would make these first series, first season, first appearance characters general releases and not so expensive to those of us not in Asia.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Allspice

Ebay:
    If it makes you feel any better, due to the nature of this release, the normal tricks for savings shenanigans don't work. Mall exclusives cost what they cost, unless you're referencing the GS trick, but those orders won't be honored. They've got any die hard TC fans by the clackers on this one.

17. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

I wondered what that pinchy feeling was this weekend. Thought it was from the bike ride, but yes, they have me by the ThunderClackers.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    So is Skywarp likely to be the same price as TC or cheaper?

19. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    It depends on if Skywarp will be a TT Mall exclusive like Thundercracker or not. If he is, then the price will be the same as Thundercracker. If he is not, then the price will be lower as you will be able to order him with a discount at AE, AJP, et cetera.

20. 6Trash9

News Credits:
    I keep forgetting how big the seekers are, these toon versions look so small when they're by themselves but damn

• Like Like x 1