Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 Incoming!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Jan 7, 2021.

1. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The same thing happened to my Artfire order. It was “preparing for shipment”, but now it’s “Awaiting product availability”. Like it’s going backwards. Another one of my orders from GS had absolutely no updates but then just shows up on my front door. The tracking email was then sent a week after the package arrived. Something is loopy at the GS warehouse.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Skullox

Skullox Well-Known Member

Aaaaaand just got the shipping email. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  3. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

Their communications system is busted for me as well. I've never gotten any emails from them ever. They even changed my account email address and still nothing

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

Give them time. Either the Christmas rush and or the staff is stretched too thin.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GodParticle

Yeah, I wasn't in any hurry...just didn't want it cancelled. Looks like it's back to preparing shipment. Maybe my call worked heh

• Like Like x 1
  6. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Got mine yesterday!
    20211204_162925.jpg

• Like Like x 23
  7. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does that mean you can now change the thread title? :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  8. MSWF377

MSWF377 Michael Scarn

9. toysroom27

toysroom27 Well-Known Member

4D58DD0D-F122-4346-989C-EE2820DAC3C6.jpeg
    GS came through yesterday

• Like Like x 13
  10. MSWF377

MSWF377 Michael Scarn

First transformation. Everything looks pretty good. His ankles are actually more loose than my Starscream. He can still stand though, so I’m not complaining yet. He sure looks good. That blue really pops

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Will take another look over mine later but overall, better than my MP-52 Starscream. No cracks, left thumb pin may have been fired at the wrong angle, right knee ratchets looser than the left and right ratchet sideways seems soft. Nothing is ragdoll loose, I can feel it click into place. Transformation was smoother than Starscream’s. Same transformation but assembly must’ve been adjusted a bit.

Ankles seem tight enough where I might not need to flop out those panels beneath the feet. Impressed so far.

As with MP-52 take into account that a lot of transformation steps on this rely on 90 and 180 degree hinge movements in addition to sometimes slightly pulling a piece up for clearance(this part might not make sense but you’ll realize it once transforming the lower legs). In years to come I think we’ll see redone MP Seekers that can be transformed quicker but for now, this is pretty good.

Also the ab crunch is much easier to engage here than it was on my Starscream, I’m almost sure now my Starscream had an assembly error(wrong pin or screw angle) which caused it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformed mine from Gamestop from jet to bot back to jet.

Different feeling than Skids.

But awesome toon bot. I'll get around to transforming back to bot later tonight.

EDIT, I wish there was a stand attachment that would go under his crotch area. The stand is pretty useless for bot mode. The instructions show to pose him diagonally, but c'mon.

And the main friction joint is about to wear out on mine.
    20211205_201155.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  13. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Do you really think we'll get another MP seeker mold? I was just thinking to myself that this should be it. I can't imagine in 2030 they'll do another G1 one.

14. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Not for a while.

• Like Like x 3
  15. GodParticle

And now my order went back to awaiting product availability. It went into the same section as the other shipped items from the same order, though. WTF is going on

16. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I think it’s possible but not for years to come.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Yeah that's kind of why I said 2030, but I still doubt they'll ever bother doing it again even then. I'm not sure what else they can do with these designs with the 3 versions we've got so far. The first MP seeker was released 15 years ago now. I can't imagine how many old guys will want to buy the seekers a third time lol

18. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I would probably be enticed because by the time the next iteration comes around, it’ll probably do something that MP-03/11/52 each couldn’t do. If it wasn’t a Seeker mold I’d see much less chance of a do over but since Seekers(at least the core 3 or Starscream above all) are popular enough to redo and still make a profit. They’re a safer option to redo when fitting compared to more obscure characters.

However given how much MP-52 can do more than MP-03/11 and still manages to retain some G1 toy influence and realistic semblance to an F-15 despite being directly based on the cartoon, I think it’ll be a long time.

Character bias aside(I prefer Starscream over Thundercracker), I’m glad I got MP-52+. Always been partial to his paint schemes and this one pops more in person than I thought it would.

19. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

I think you are spot on. There is a window when it comes to nostalgia whereby a kid has grown up, wants to relive their childhood, has the means to do so and does not have more pressing obligations. It is different for everybody, but someday that window will shut for all of us or we’ll be too old and in a home.

What’s wild is that MP-01 was issued in 2003 as a piece of nostalgia for G1 Prime from 1984, so we should be getting pretty nostalgic for MP-01 in 2022. Or Masterpiece Transformers Universe?

• Like Like x 4
  20. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

Those were the days! I remember going to the specialty store Christmas Eve 2004 to pick MP-01:buttrock 

And yup, My (YMMV) MP-01 also has those thin azzz paint apps all over to the point that mine has those paint pimples oxidizing effect :cry . Starscream's air intakes too have those thin paint apps too. At least TC 's is more thicker.